Alternate Files for a Long Abandoned Solo

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

Back many years ago now, I started a Solo (365 Foreign Dishes) and never completed it. I dropped out of touch with LibriVox, the solo was orphaned and eventually finished by someone else.

It is catalogued here: https://librivox.org/365-foreign-dishes-by-unknown/

However I always wanted, for my own sake, to eventually complete the recording, and over the years I have plugged away at the final sections, recording and editing, and now I finally have completed recordings of the other sections.

Would it be possible to add these files as alternate sections to the catalogue? I don't want to get rid of Arielle's hard and no doubt excellent work, I'd just like my versions available as well.

In addition, and I'll understand if the answer is no, for the files that already existed, I meant to go back and noise clean them before they were finally catalogued, as my process improved over the course of the solo. But I never got a chance to do that before I went AWOL.

Since I still had the original audacity files for those sections, I have run the noise cleaner and re exported them. Would it be possible to replace these in the catalogue?

They're the same files otherwise, with no editing, so they shouldn't need reproof listening, just a quick check that they are the same length as before. But I do appreciate you might not want to mess with already catalogued files.

Thanks so much.
So little space, so much to say.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hi Lucy - nice to hear from you again

Unfortunately we wouldn't change catalogued projects unless there was an actual error so none of your suggestions are possible.
The only thing I could suggest if you are keen to have a complete personal version would be for you to upload it to a different site - then you could use that as a reference or for your friends?

Anne