COMPLETE: Tom Jones by Henry Fielding - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

Just got a chance to redownload 43 and take a listen- edited file is good to go. [/size]
If not now, when? Wake up and live!
georgep

Post by georgep »

I will volunteer to read book 13
georgepilling.com
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

georgep wrote:I will volunteer to read book 13

Hallo georgep!

Thanks for signing up! Book 13 would be Sections 45-48 and they're all yours! Image

[/size]
jane_smith_student

Post by jane_smith_student »

Hello!

I'm a huge fan of your site and would love to volunteer with you. Can you use my services for Tom Jones?

I've experimented a bit already with Audacity Beta, and think I'm ready to give this a go.

Quick question, however--can you not edit out segments between seconds (e.g. from time 22.5 sec to 52.5 seconds (rather than 22 to 53)? I've noticed some problems when trying to cut out an error that starts or stops mid-second. I haven't found the answer to this problem on the website and was wondering if you know.

Thanks!

Jane
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Ah yes you can.... Just use the magnifying glass icon to zoom into your recording and you can cut out minuscule bits from the recordings. Oh and welcome!!

Esther :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
jane_smith_student

Post by jane_smith_student »

Hi Esther!

Thanks for the advice!

I'll give it a go.

I look forward to listening to all of your posts!

Jane
paradise.camouflage

Post by paradise.camouflage »

Hello there - may I do 52-55?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

When this book will be completed, I'll be your first listener.
And let me know if you need any help.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

paradise.camouflage wrote:Hello there - may I do 52-55?
You may indeed! Image And welcome to the project- I've signed you up for the sections 52-55 as requested.

Incidentally, if this will be your first recording we'd like to ask that a short sample file be submitted (it can be an excerpt from Section 52) so we can take a listen to it. Usually, things can be fixed at the outset that may be more difficult to modify later on.

Also, do let us know how you'd like your catalog and forum name to appear or if you have a pseudonym you'd like us to attach your recordings to. Image If this has already been supplied for some other project that's fine and you won't need to let us know again.

Thanks again and do feel free to post back- we'd be happy to help.

Kehinde
[/size]
paradise.camouflage

Kehinde wrote:
paradise.camouflage wrote:Hello there - may I do 52-55?
You may indeed! Image And welcome to the project- I've signed you up for the sections 52-55 as requested.

Incidentally, if this will be your first recording we'd like to ask that a short sample file be submitted (it can be an excerpt from Section 52) so we can take a listen to it. Usually, things can be fixed at the outset that may be more difficult to modify later on.

Also, do let us know how you'd like your catalog and forum name to appear or if you have a pseudonym you'd like us to attach your recordings to. Image If this has already been supplied for some other project that's fine and you won't need to let us know again.

Thanks again and do feel free to post back- we'd be happy to help.

Kehinde
[/size]
Hi there, Kehinde -

Thanks for your welcome :D! I can certainly record a sample, if you wish - I'll most likely have the occasion to do it to-morrow. It isn't my first recording, though, as I've done three for Mill on the Floss - which are here if they're acceptable as samples either:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lb/themillonthefloss_54_eliot.mp3
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lb/themillonthefloss_55_eliot.mp3
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lb/themillonthefloss_56_eliot.mp3

If all is all right with how I have things set up, I should be able to start recording my section to-morrow :). As for my catalogue name, Andy from Inverarnan should do.

Best wishes,

Pc.
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

paradise.camouflage wrote:
Hi there, Kehinde -

Thanks for your welcome :D! I can certainly record a sample, if you wish - I'll most likely have the occasion to do it to-morrow. It isn't my first recording, though, as I've done three for Mill on the Floss - which are here if they're acceptable as samples either:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lb/themillonthefloss_54_eliot.mp3
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lb/themillonthefloss_55_eliot.mp3
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lb/themillonthefloss_56_eliot.mp3

If all is all right with how I have things set up, I should be able to start recording my section to-morrow :). As for my catalogue name, Andy from Inverarnan should do.

Best wishes,

Pc.
Hallo Pc!

The recordings above will definitely do! I'll be able to take a quick listen and let you know what I find.

Many thanks as well for letting us know your catalog name! Our MC will be along shortly and fill that in the system for you. Image

Thanks again!
Kehinde
[/size]
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

Hello Pc,

The files sound awesome! This really must not be your first time recording as everything sounded great! Image I didn't proof-listen all three files as I believe Mill on the Floss does have a dedicated proof-listener who will be able to listen in detail. But what I heard was very well done.

Happy recording!
Kehinde
[/size]
paradise.camouflage

Hi there, Kehinde:

Thanks a lot! I'm glad that you think so :D. I have been recording for a while - mostly music, as recording places are extortionate - but I still banjax up quite a bit when it comes to speech (one particularly unfortunate habit is my propencity to use the wrong pronoun or preposition when it is what I expect to be written.)

I've done the first 3 chapters: it took a little while longer than I expected, because I had to do it twice - the first time, everything from the phone, to the dog, to one of my housemates' swearing in Polish ruined the continuity of it! Hopefully this version is better -

30:26 - 28.0 Mb:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ct/tomjones_52_fielding.mp3

I'll have the next sections up within the next few days :D

Best wishes,

Pc.
[color=green]'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars'[/color]
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

paradise.camouflage wrote:Hi there, Kehinde:

Thanks a lot! I'm glad that you think so :D. I have been recording for a while - mostly music, as recording places are extortionate - but I still banjax up quite a bit when it comes to speech (one particularly unfortunate habit is my propencity to use the wrong pronoun or preposition when it is what I expect to be written.)

I've done the first 3 chapters: it took a little while longer than I expected, because I had to do it twice - the first time, everything from the phone, to the dog, to one of my housemates' swearing in Polish ruined the continuity of it! Hopefully this version is better -

30:26 - 28.0 Mb:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ct/tomjones_52_fielding.mp3

I'll have the next sections up within the next few days :D

Best wishes,

Pc.
Awesome! Thanks much! File is linked up and I shall be able to listen to it and will let you know what I find. Image[/size]
paradise.camouflage

Oh, no - I did the first three chapters of Book XVI, not Book XV - I'm sorry, Kehinde :|! I don't know how I could have done that.
[color=green]'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars'[/color]