Complete[Science Fiction] Palos of the Dog Star Pack by J. U. Giesy-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

PARADOXO1 wrote: April 13th, 2022, 1:20 pm I can do chapters 5-7.
Wonderful! I'll assign those to you. Can you please let me know how you would like to be listed in the catalog? It can be your real name, your username, or anything you wish.
Krista
PARADOXO1

Post by PARADOXO1 »

PARADOXO1 wrote: April 13th, 2022, 1:20 pm I can do chapters 5 and 6.
Actually, I can only do 5 if thats ok?
PARADOXO1

Post by PARADOXO1 »

Im sorry my just schedule moves around too much. But if you could use my Username rather than my real name id appreciate it.
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

PARADOXO1 wrote: April 18th, 2022, 3:31 pm Im sorry my just schedule moves around too much. But if you could use my Username rather than my real name id appreciate it.
No problem at all. Your reader page is here https://librivox.org/reader/17385

I have assigned chapter 5 to you as requested. Signing up for one at a time is a good idea, especially if your schedule is uncertain. Feel free to come back for more after that is done :)
Krista
shashankjakhmola

Post by shashankjakhmola »

I would like to do 6, 13 and 15, please!
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

shashankjakhmola wrote: April 18th, 2022, 10:32 pm I would like to do 6, 13 and 15, please!
They are yours. Thank you for joining us!
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

shashankjakhmola wrote: April 19th, 2022, 11:02 pm chapter 6 - https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/palos_06_giesy_128kb_mp3.mp3 (22:39)
Thank you. I've queued this for PL.
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Thank you. These are queued for PL, which I'll be doing tonight.
Krista
russcallawag

Post by russcallawag »

I would like to claim chapter 9 if it's still available. I do have questions on the pronunciation of the names, such as Naia, Palos, Kyphallos, Scira, Tamarizia, etc..

Thank you.
paullawleyjones

Post by paullawleyjones »

russcallawag wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 12:10 pm I would like to claim chapter 9 if it's still available. I do have questions on the pronunciation of the names, such as Naia, Palos, Kyphallos, Scira, Tamarizia, etc..

Thank you.
I think the first person to say a name sets its pronunciation. So, as shashankjakhmola uploaded the first sections to PL, he sets the pronunciation for the names first encountered in those chapters. Perhaps each narrator could provide a pronunciation guide when they upload sections? E.g.

Palos = PAH-los, PAY-los
Naia = NIGH-ya, NAY-ya

Anyway, I'd like to claim Chapter 7 - Kyphallos And Kalamita.
Paul Lawley-Jones
My Reader Page

"There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you." – Bene Gesserit "Litany of Fear," Dune
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

russcallawag wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 12:10 pm I would like to claim chapter 9 if it's still available. I do have questions on the pronunciation of the names, such as Naia, Palos, Kyphallos, Scira, Tamarizia, etc..

Thank you.
Chapter 9 is yours. I agree with paullawleyjones - the first reader gets to set pronunciation for made-up names. As DPL, I will try to collect and document the pronunciations as I come across them so we get some sort of consistency. Keep an eye on the first post for updates.
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

paullawleyjones wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 4:35 pm

Thank you.
I think the first person to say a name sets its pronunciation. So, as shashankjakhmola uploaded the first sections to PL, he sets the pronunciation for the names first encountered in those chapters. Perhaps each narrator could provide a pronunciation guide when they upload sections? E.g.

Palos = PAH-los, PAY-los
Naia = NIGH-ya, NAY-ya

Anyway, I'd like to claim Chapter 7 - Kyphallos And Kalamita.
It's yours.

I'll try to collect pronunciations as I DPL. If a narrator wants to offer a cheat sheet, I'd be happy to use it :)
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

shashankjakhmola wrote: April 19th, 2022, 11:02 pm chapter 6 - https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/palos_06_giesy_128kb_mp3.mp3 (22:39)
Thank you very much for these readings. Just one minor note.

Section 6 PL notes:
17:36- I hear "had been but little weird", text says "had been but little less weird"

The name of this file has a duplicate "mp3". Please correct that when you re-upload. Thank you.

Section 1 & 15 are PL OK :thumbs:

I did notice a number of plosives in your reading. Not enough to be distracting, so no need to change anything here, but something to keep in mind for future. You may want to move your mic off to the side a bit, or consider a pop filter to help minimize those in future recordings.
Krista