Freegal Library Downloads

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Our local library system is one of many that offers a specific number of free music downloads per week. Earlier today when I was downloading some songs, I was curious about their audiobooks available for downloads. Choices are limited, with most being a compilation of old radio shows and such. There are a few books, so when I clicked on "The Jungle Book" I was very pleased to hear LibriVox's Phil Chenevert reading the book. :) :thumbs:
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hey, Ididn't know that. I been using Freegal to download free music and listen to my playlists for many years and never knew they had audiobooks. And they picked a good one. Thanks Mary. :D
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

philchenevert wrote: April 13th, 2022, 11:19 am I been using Freegal to download free music and listen to my playlists for many years and never knew they had audiobooks.
A further search shows they have quite a few LibriVox books available through the library Freegal sites. On the library's Freegal page Click on "Advanced Search" next to the "Search" bar. When the new screen comes up at "Select Type" choose "Audioboks", then under "Artist" choose "Wordscape" That brings up a whole buncha LibriVox audiobooks.

From what I can tell, "Wordscape" is connected with Audible.
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚