COMPLETE: The Book of Dreams and Ghosts by Andrew Lang -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SurnameMike

Post by SurnameMike »

The Book of Dreams and Ghosts, by Andrew Lang (1844 - 1912)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here:

https://librivox.org/the-book-of-dreams-and-ghosts-by-andrew-lang/

The Book of Dreams and Ghosts by Andrew Lang is a book mainly focused on the stories of ghosts and other mystical phenomenon. With frequent editorializing and discussion by the author, the work is less a series of supernatural tales and more of an anthropological book centered around bewitching stories of the otherworldly -given the name Psychical Research when Lang was alive. Over the course of fourteen chapters, 79 stories, and two prefaces, Lang manages to keep the reader enchanted with his thoughtful retellings, literary charisma, and exemplary choice in narratives. (Summary by Aiden Javurek-Humig)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/files/12621/12621-h/12621-h.htm

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: Fantastic Fiction/Horror & Supernatural Fiction; Religious Fiction; Short Stories; *Non-fiction/Social Science (Culture & Anthropology)

Keywords that describe the book: short stories, Historical Fiction, ghosts, mystical, andrew lang

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Book of Dreams and Ghosts. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Book of Dreams and Ghosts, by Andrew Lang. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Book of Dreams and Ghosts, by Andrew Lang."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: bookofdreamsandghosts_##_lang_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. bookofdreamsandghosts_01_lang_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: knotyouraveragejo

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Mike,

We can use the same project number and I will continue as MC. MW will be along shortly.

ETA: Please check with chulsky and confirm if he plans to continue as DPL for the group project.
Jo
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: March 26th, 2022, 10:20 am ETA: Please check with chulsky and confirm if he plans to continue as DPL for the group project.
Hi, Mike and Jo, thank you for reaching out.

To tell you the truth, today I am busy with other projects and wouldn't volunteer for this one.
Let's see if someone else steps forward, neither I would be offended if Mike prefers to keep the project under his control.
Meanwhile I'll keep an eye on the project and maybe would read a section or two.
Just a suggestion: a word count for sections helps volunteers to make decisions and plan ahead.

PS: What's ETA? :help:
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
remyje

Post by remyje »

Hello :) I would like to read the "Preface," please.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

chulsky wrote: March 27th, 2022, 8:30 am
knotyouraveragejo wrote: March 26th, 2022, 10:20 am ETA: Please check with chulsky and confirm if he plans to continue as DPL for the group project.

To tell you the truth, today I am busy with other projects and wouldn't volunteer for this one.
Let's see if someone else steps forward, neither I would be offended if Mike prefers to keep the project under his control.
Meanwhile I'll keep an eye on the project and maybe would read a section or two.
Just a suggestion: a word count for sections helps volunteers to make decisions and plan ahead.

Edited to Add :) It means I edited my existing post rather than make a new post.
Jo
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: March 27th, 2022, 10:50 am
chulsky wrote: March 27th, 2022, 8:30 am PS: What's ETA?
Edited to Add :) It means I edited my existing post rather than make a new post.
Thank you, Jo! My sons used this acronym for "Estimated Time of Arrival" when coming for dinner, so I got confused. The EAT acronym would be too transparent. :lol:
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
Socena

Post by Socena »

Hello! I'm happy to read the first chapter, if it's still available!

Sam

(I also have a test in the testing area, if needed - this is my first time signing up for this, so hope I'm doing it all okay! But here's the link as well, since I have it already copied: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_samanthaocena.mp3)
SurnameMike

Post by SurnameMike »

remyje wrote: March 27th, 2022, 9:02 am Hello :) I would like to read the "Preface," please.
Sure! I'm on it. Thank you so much for signing up :)
Last edited by SurnameMike on March 29th, 2022, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
SurnameMike

Post by SurnameMike »

Socena wrote: March 27th, 2022, 3:17 pm Hello! I'm happy to read the first chapter, if it's still available!

Sam

(I also have a test in the testing area, if needed - this is my first time signing up for this, so hope I'm doing it all okay! But here's the link as well, since I have it already copied: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_samanthaocena.mp3)
Hi, Sam! I'd be happy to sign you up for that as soon as your test recording is approved. :D
SurnameMike

Post by SurnameMike »

chulsky wrote: March 27th, 2022, 8:30 am

Thanks for letting me know! No worries. I can be DPL until someone comes along. :)
SurnameMike

Post by SurnameMike »

flavo5000 wrote: March 29th, 2022, 3:20 pm can I take Ch. 14?
Of Course! Happy reading :)
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

I'd like to claim the following section:

3 Chapter III Introduction, Story of the Diplomatist, Under the Lamp, The Cow With the Bell, and The Deathbed of Lois XIV Open

Thanks,
Kerry Adams
Your Book Voice
SurnameMike

Post by SurnameMike »

yourbookvoice wrote: April 1st, 2022, 3:18 pm I'd like to claim the following section:

3 Chapter III Introduction, Story of the Diplomatist, Under the Lamp, The Cow With the Bell, and The Deathbed of Lois XIV Open

Thanks,
Kerry Adams
Your Book Voice
Can do! Sorry for the late response :)
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

What mc does the file need to be uploaded to? I'm guessing knotyouraveragejo for this one since the subject has -jo at the end?