~[MUSIC]J.S. Bach, Volume 2 by A. Schweitzer d1965-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

Hello Jenn,
Thank you so much! Let me know if you want to take any more!
Thanks,
Mozartjr
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

I listened to this 25:14 recording of Section 59, which I am comfortable marking as PL OK; many thanks for your excellent recordings!

To be accurate, though, I still hope some musicians please double check on page 250, where this reader pointed out, at the beginning of the second line in the last paragraph of page 250 -
There is a typo in the last paragraph of p. 250. Instead of "wear (alto) sings the chorale," I have read it as, "Fear (alto) sings the chorale..."

Regards,
Jessie
sjr8545 wrote: March 17th, 2022, 9:53 pm Finally! I am so, so sorry it took me so long. Section 59 is now ready for inspection.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach2_59_schweitzer_128kb.mp3
25:14

A couple of housekeeping notes:
  • I have once again been a touch free and easy with the footnotes, particularly the one on p.251 where I decided that it was worth keeping the reference to elsewhere in the text but that it made more sense to refer to the chapter than the specific page.
  • There is a typo in the last paragraph of p. 250. Instead of "wear (alto) sings the chorale," I have read it as, "Fear (alto) sings the chorale..."
Please let me know if you disagree with those choices (and if I've messed things up elsewhere).

Sarah
sjr8545

Post by sjr8545 »

Thanks, Jessie, as always. I agree, that any additional eyes on the typo issue are a good thing. As printed it made no sense and I went with what seemed correct -but you never know!
Sarah
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

I listened to all three sections. I am confident to mark the two sections, Section-41 and Section-45 as PL OK.

Would you please double-check with Section 39? Your recording is different from the piano recording for Section-39 and (I am illiterate in music, as a matter of fact) my understanding of 178c is different from your singing for 178c.
(I don't mean to offend you but my understanding is that you sang the latter half of 178b, but the piano is of the same music line as you sang - my understanding of 178b instead of 178c) I will happily update the status to PL OK if I understood it wrongly.

Many thanks for your beautiful recordings!

Regards,
Jessie
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

UPRG11W wrote: March 24th, 2022, 10:34 pm PL note:

I listened to all three sections. I am confident to mark the two sections, Section-41 and Section-45 as PL OK.

Would you please double-check with Section 39? Your recording is different from the piano recording for Section-39 and (I am illiterate in music, as a matter of fact) my understanding of 178c is different from your singing for 178c.
(I don't mean to offend you but my understanding is that you sang the latter half of 178b, but the piano is of the same music line as you sang - my understanding of 178b instead of 178c) I will happily update the status to PL OK if I understood it wrongly.

Regards,
Jessie
Thank you for your careful PLing Jessie!

It was my understanding that the second line of music on page 178 (starting with Kreuzige) was both 178b and 178c for a male and female respectively. Also, it was the only treble clef on the page which is always why I sung that part of the line.

Mozartjr- would you double check for us? I'd be happy to make any corrections if I misinterpreted it :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

Dear Jenn,

Many thanks for taking the time to write back to me! Yes, your explanation is clear and convincing to me. I am almost ready to mark it PL OK and I would like to see if Mozart will comment or not.

Best,
Jessie
jennlea wrote: March 25th, 2022, 7:26 am
UPRG11W wrote: March 24th, 2022, 10:34 pm PL note:

Regards,
Jessie

It was my understanding that the second line of music on page 178 (starting with Kreuzige) was both 178b and 178c for a male and female respectively. Also, it was the only treble clef on the page which is always why I sung that part of the line.

Mozartjr- would you double check for us? I'd be happy to make any corrections if I misinterpreted it :)
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

UPRG11W wrote: March 26th, 2022, 5:56 pm Dear Jenn,

Many thanks for taking the time to write back to me! Yes, your explanation is clear and convincing to me. I am almost ready to mark it PL OK and I would like to see if Mozart will comment or not.

Best,
Jessie
Sounds good! Thank you, Jessie :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

Yes, that's correct, as far as I can see.
Did I mess something up in the MW? I guess I should check that.
Mozartjr
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

Everyone else is perfect, so far!

I am dragging things behind because of my lack of knowledge in music. Thanks for double-checking for me! And Mozart, could you please also see if we should have a 178e, or we only have 178d?

Best,
Jessie
Mozartjr wrote: March 28th, 2022, 11:48 am

Yes, that's correct, as far as I can see.
Did I mess something up in the MW? I guess I should check that.
Mozartjr
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

UPRG11W wrote: March 30th, 2022, 8:06 pm Everyone else is perfect, so far!

I am dragging things behind because of my lack of knowledge in music. Thanks for double-checking for me! And Mozart, could you please also see if we should have a 178e, or we only have 178d?

Best,
Jessie
Sure...no, that's all 178d.
Thanks,
Mozartjr
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Hi Mozartjr!

I’d be happy to take on the remaining female singing parts if you’d like.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

jennlea wrote: May 1st, 2022, 8:35 pm Hi Mozartjr!

I’d be happy to take on the remaining female singing parts if you’d like.
That would be great, thank you so much!
Mozartjr :clap:
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

I would have loved to take on the soprano parts but the translator, Ernest Newman, died in 1959 so the book won't be out of copyright in Australia till 2029 - year of death plus 70 years so, just a warning to readers in death plus 70 years countries. Anne will correct me if I'm wrong. I'm looking forward to listening to the finished recording.

Best,

Barbara (who started this project unaware that both author and translator had been young men when they published this work. And, unsportingly,went on to live into their 90s).
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

barbara2 wrote: May 13th, 2022, 5:38 am I would have loved to take on the soprano parts but the translator, Ernest Newman, died in 1959 so the book won't be out of copyright in Australia till 2029 - year of death plus 70 years so, just a warning to readers in death plus 70 years countries. Anne will correct me if I'm wrong. I'm looking forward to listening to the finished recording.

Best,

Barbara (who started this project unaware that both author and translator had been young men when they published this work. And, unsportingly,went on to live into their 90s).
Well, thank you for the interest, (and the warning!) :) Hopefully it will be finished soon!
Mozartjr
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

I'd like to claim Chapter 21 Parts 2,3 for editing.
Krista