The Alanis Morisette Award for Irony

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Here is my entry:

Today I opened up my computer to clean it. It went well. I decided to go for the big time. To go for gold. To go for glory; I decided to also clean my keyboard. It has become a bacterial palace of psoriasis scales, dust and other unmentionables. Bravery was required! To the taps! I turned on the water and ran it all over my keyboard. No going back now! I ran it over the keys again! A healthy puddle of soaking goodness.

Then I plugged the keyboard back in. I typed:

asnmdf

What? I had typed "and". Each keystroke was getting two letters at once! Like some Pig Latin mad man. I threw the keyboard across the room. I made you clean and you do this! Sigh. Do I have a spare? Yes! My plan Z keyboard that I forgot about some years ago. I plugged it in. It has gathered even more dust, crust and bacterial patronage than the one that I soaked; I am back where I started. All because I tried to be clean. Where's Alanis?
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I used to have a grey keyboard which I was always cleaning but now I have a black one and no overhead light so apart from turning it over a shaking it to remove crumbs etc I just let it sit there.

Anne
CSCO

Post by CSCO »

My keybords are only 108 yen. I have too many spares to clean them up.
!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!
No way. He stole away a pretty thing, you know.
That's your heart.
!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You ran water through your keyboard? :shock: You do realize it's a piece of electrical equipment, right? I mean, it won't short out and electrocute you, but water and things that use electricity don't get along. Anything computer is hydrophobic. :shock:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

TriciaG wrote: February 17th, 2022, 7:57 am You ran water through your keyboard? :shock: You do realize it's a piece of electrical equipment, right? I mean, it won't short out and electrocute you, but water and things that use electricity don't get along. Anything computer is hydrophobic. :shock:
:help: :help: :help:
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.
paullawleyjones

Post by paullawleyjones »

lightcrystal wrote: February 17th, 2022, 3:05 am ... To the taps! I turned on the water and ran it all over my keyboard. No going back now! I ran it over the keys again! A healthy puddle of soaking goodness.
Hmm. Is this, perchance, the correct use of 'irony,' unlike Ms. Morissette's song?
Paul Lawley-Jones
My Reader Page

"There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you." – Bene Gesserit "Litany of Fear," Dune