I've been bragging about librivox

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
david wales

Post by david wales »

One of my favorite authors is Hugh Walpole and I've recorded several of his books for librivox. I few months ago I ran across a relatively new website devoted to his life and work. Got in touch with the creator of the website (who is very enthusiastic about Walpole) and told him about librivox's not inconsiderable selection of Walpole's works. He added another section to his website for audio works and put our stuff up on it. Thought you might like to know and see it:

https://hughwalpole.com/audio-books/
Peace, David
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

They are beautifully displayed too (that of course is helped by amazing covers :D :D )
Great idea David :clap: :clap:

Anne
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

I would also suggest doing this in other genres; LIbriVox has a great group of readers of bible and religious literature. For instance Ron Altman's herculean read of the bible was better than some professional efforts such as David Suchet. There would be sites on religious books that would be happy to link.
Use an RSS Feed and you will never be hungry again.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

That's up to the people concerned . David add all our Walpole but for something like the bible versions we would not want to choose different versions - one thing I have learnt over the years is that the same recording can be sublime to one listener and a disgrace to another. I actually came across a review that said that reading the King James Version, not with an English accent, was sacrilegious or some similar adjective :D

Anne
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

annise wrote: January 31st, 2022, 7:16 pm That's up to the people concerned . David add all our Walpole but for something like the bible versions we would not want to choose different versions - one thing I have learnt over the years is that the same recording can be sublime to one listener and a disgrace to another. I actually came across a review that said that reading the King James Version, not with an English accent, was sacrilegious or some similar adjective :D

Anne
\

That is hilarious; King James probably had a Scottish accent! :lol:
Use an RSS Feed and you will never be hungry again.