COMPLETE Winnie-the-Pooh, by A. A. Milne - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
marissasiobhan

Post by marissasiobhan »

Winnie-the-Pooh, by A. A. Milne (1882 - 1956)

This project is complete and all audio files can be found in the catalogue: https://librivox.org/winnie-the-pooh-by-a-a-milne-5/

Volunteers outside the USA: A. A. Milne died in 1956. This person's work may still be protected by copyright in countries where copyright duration is determined by the author's death date. In Europe this is 70 years; in Canada it is 50 years; and in Australia it is 70 years for authors who died after 1955.

This is a full-cast dramatic reading of the beloved children's classic. (Summary by Shelly)

Source text (please Final-PL only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/67098

Read roles from the chapter scripts linked in the note boxes. Folder of chapter scripts: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EDsFZVT4Tz6508AK3-0l2aYfGP6Cie85?usp=sharing

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming roles: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available roles. Post a reply in this thread asking for the role you would like to record.

Please note: All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Special

Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

• Project Code: 4UjDnu7x
  • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._A._Milne (A. A. Milne)
  • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnie-the-Pooh_(book)
  • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 67
  • Does the project have an introduction or preface: Yes
  • Original publication date (if known): 1926
  • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
  • Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction; Children's Fiction/General; Dramatic Readings

Keywords that describe the book: dramatic reading, milne, rabbit, owl, christopher robin, children's classics, pooh, winnie, piglet, eeyore, heffalump, kanga, roo

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

For individual roles:

Submit one file per act. At the beginning of the first file, say:
"Character, read by your name."

Leave 3-5 seconds of space between your lines (room noise, not generated silence).

For narration/stage directions:

Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Chapter ## of Winnie-the-Pooh. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org. Winnie-the-Pooh, by A. A. Milne. Chapter ##"

At the end of each file say:
"End of Chapter ##."

If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Winnie-the-Pooh, by A. A. Milne."

Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename:

For individual roles: poohdr_role_##.mp3 where # is the chapter number. (e.g. poohdr_romeo_01.mp3)

For final files: poohdr_##_milne_128kb.mp3 where # is the chapter number. (e.g. poohdr_01_milne_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: Rapunzelina

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
marissasiobhan

Post by marissasiobhan »

Our family wants to make this full-cast reading.

We have a narrator and editors.

LCaulkins will DPL

The following roles are still open:

Piglet
Kanga
Roo
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Very cool! I have COVID right now and my voice has been nearly gone for several days, but it’s on the mend, and I would love to read Piglet if you don’t mind waiting until my voice fully returns (which I anticipate is not terribly far off).
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Caulkins family! Let me set this up for you :)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Magic Window is in place, and I've given you access, Marissa Siobhan. In order to use this access, you'll need to create your own password. Instructions are here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=BC%27s:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window#Accessing_the_System_.E2.80.93_First_Time_Login
along with everything else you need to know about Magic Windows. Please ask if anything is unclear.

Have fun with the project!
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

I'd love to read Kanga.
Krista
ablinick

Post by ablinick »

If you are still looking, I would love to read for Roo.
Thanks! - Arielle
marissasiobhan

Post by marissasiobhan »

Rapunzelina wrote: January 14th, 2022, 2:57 am Magic Window is in place, and I've given you access, Marissa Siobhan. In order to use this access, you'll need to create your own password. Instructions are here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=BC%27s:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window#Accessing_the_System_.E2.80.93_First_Time_Login
along with everything else you need to know about Magic Windows. Please ask if anything is unclear.

Have fun with the project!
Thank you so much for picking this up!! :D
marissasiobhan

Post by marissasiobhan »

Thank you everybody for picking up Kanga, Roo, and Piglet! :D

Our project is full now!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

The narrator should use the full disclaimer for each chapter, as per the first post here. The scripts have the short one, which is wrong, so please be careful when recording, or fix the scripts. Thanks!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Will do on the narration disclaimers :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Reporting for Eeyore
Scott
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Awww Thank you for such a wonderful Kanga. :) Chapters 8 and 10 are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

On ch. 7, could you please insert a pause of 3-5 seconds at 2:27, so that these lines are separated? Thank you :)

Kanga: "I am not at all sure,"

Kanga: "that it wouldn't be a good idea to have a cold bath this evening. Would you like that, Roo, dear?"
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

LCaulkins wrote: January 17th, 2022, 2:02 pm
Awww Thank you for such a wonderful Kanga. :) Chapters 8 and 10 are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

On ch. 7, could you please insert a pause of 3-5 seconds at 2:27, so that these lines are separated? Thank you :)

Kanga: "I am not at all sure,"

Kanga: "that it wouldn't be a good idea to have a cold bath this evening. Would you like that, Roo, dear?"
Fixed.
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/poohdr_kanga_07.mp3 4:31
Krista