COMPLETE[FORTNIGHTLY POEM] THE SONG OF THE WATERS by William Murray Graydon - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pschempf

Post by pschempf »

Last edited by pschempf on January 6th, 2022, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Hi, Michele!

Thought I would PL your piece.
So beautifully read!
But, Audacity slipped a gear on you and exported it at ~94 kbps (variable) instead of 128kbps constant.
Why does it do these nefarious shenanigans? :hmm:
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks Larry, how nice of you to PL my poem. Thank you.

Nefarious, indeed. I'll have my own computer back again soon, with routines that work properly. I've uploaded again and checker says it's ok.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Krista, Paula and Fritz, your poems are all PL OK. The more I hear this poem the more I like it. :)
brucek

Post by brucek »

msfry

Post by msfry »

Tricia. When I hit BC Admin, on this or any of my projects, it says I don't have permission to enter. I hit backspace and hit BC Admin again, and it lets me right in. A glitch in the system? What can we do to fix that?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

msfry wrote: January 7th, 2022, 10:01 am Tricia. When I hit BC Admin, on this or any of my projects, it says I don't have permission to enter. I hit backspace and hit BC Admin again, and it lets me right in. A glitch in the system? What can we do to fix that?
It lets you right in, meaning you don't have to log in again? I don't know. I haven't experienced this nor had anyone else mention it, so it's not a system-wide bug. :hmm:

I do know that the workflow logs us out much quicker than it used to, so I've learned when I'm in a MW without having done anything for a while, to refresh it before trying to enter data. But that doesn't sound like what you're experiencing.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I asked the other admins if they experienced this, and one has responded that they, too, experience it. I guess I don't because I almost never use the BC Admin link. (I use browser bookmarks and history more - type in the project into my address bar rather than find the BC link to click.)
czandra

Post by czandra »

I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

have we lost aradlaw?
Only temporarily. Some real life stuff going on. :)
WelvynZPorter

Post by WelvynZPorter »

Howdy! I got an entry :)!

It's 3:04

If I can be credited: Welvyn Z Porter
Along with the URL: www.welvynzporter.com

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/songofthewaters_graydon_wzp_128kb.mp3

I FEEL like it's too quiet? My master says it's peaking at around 14-16 LUFS, around -1db, and on the checker, it reads 86.5db - passed...
But for some reason, it just FEELS too quiet for me? Might be my headphones, let me know what you hear! :)
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hello Welvyn, and welcome to Librivox. I've tried opening your file in Audacity and keep getting the message that it could be "a malformed .mp3"? Would you check your parameters (when you Save) to 128kbs, Constand Bit Rate, Mono, and please upload the file again.
WelvynZPorter

Post by WelvynZPorter »

msfry wrote: January 10th, 2022, 12:25 pm Hello Welvyn, and welcome to Librivox. I've tried opening your file in Audacity and keep getting the message that it could be "a malformed .mp3"? Would you check your parameters (when you Save) to 128kbs, Constand Bit Rate, Mono, and please upload the file again.
Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm excited to be here helping :D

I downloaded audacity and was able to reproduce your error. I think it may have had something to do with my desktop converter.

I tried a different wav to mp3 converter and not only did it fix my volume problem but no more error message!

Let me know if everything runs well on your end :). Thank you for your help.

msfry

Post by msfry »

WelvynZPorter wrote: January 10th, 2022, 2:35 pm
msfry wrote: January 10th, 2022, 12:25 pm Hello Welvyn, and welcome to Librivox. I've tried opening your file in Audacity and keep getting the message that it could be "a malformed .mp3"? Would you check your parameters (when you Save) to 128kbs, Constand Bit Rate, Mono, and please upload the file again.
Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm excited to be here helping :D

I downloaded audacity and was able to reproduce your error. I think it may have had something to do with my desktop converter.

I tried a different wav to mp3 converter and not only did it fix my volume problem but no more error message!

Let me know if everything runs well on your end :). Thank you for your help.

OK Welvyn, this file worked like a charm, volume 89.5 (just right) and earned its PL OK.
This is one more reason to appreciate our PL'ing process. It helps ensure that every file is actually playable on LV's platform.
Thank you for participating and I hope you'll read on more Weekly and Fortnightly Poetry projects, which are ongoing. And don't forget to contribute any PD poems and short stories you might run across to our Short Poetry and many Short Story collections. They are very popular, cover many themes (ghost, sci-fi, non-fiction, love, Coffee Breaks, etc.), and garner many listeners. You are now in our catalog as Welvyn Z Porter.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Bruce and Czandra, your recitations are PL OK. Thank you both.