COMPLETE: A Book of Giants -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BlueMonreal

Post by BlueMonreal »

brownrottger wrote: December 9th, 2021, 12:55 pm
BlueMonreal wrote: December 8th, 2021, 3:23 pm
brownrottger wrote: December 6th, 2021, 3:42 pm

Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
If you haven't already, you will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. Please post the test here so I know it is done.
Your section will be held for 1 month pending your test. Please keep in touch if there is a problem.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will be taken to your catalog page.Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Thank you for responding! Here is my one minute test: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_bluemonreal.mp3
Did you follow the instructions for fixing your specs before you record? Here is the link. Please respond to the listener there if you need help, they are much more savvy than I. Please hold off recording until you fix the specs since you dont want to have to re record. Thank you for your persistence!! viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90231&p=1980450&hilit=bluemonreal#p1980450
Hi Brownrottger!
I got a message back from the listener and they said I'm good to go! viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90231&p=1980450&hilit=bluemonreal#p1980450
LValadez

Post by LValadez »

Hi, I would like to read section 16: Chapter XVI The Giant Behind the Waterfall
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

BlueMonreal wrote: December 13th, 2021, 12:15 pm
brownrottger wrote: December 9th, 2021, 12:55 pm
BlueMonreal wrote: December 8th, 2021, 3:23 pm
Thank you for responding! Here is my one minute test: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_bluemonreal.mp3
Did you follow the instructions for fixing your specs before you record? Here is the link. Please respond to the listener there if you need help, they are much more savvy than I. Please hold off recording until you fix the specs since you dont want to have to re record. Thank you for your persistence!! viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90231&p=1980450&hilit=bluemonreal#p1980450
Hi Brownrottger!
I got a message back from the listener and they said I'm good to go! viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90231&p=1980450&hilit=bluemonreal#p1980450
Yay! Happy recording! Welcome to your new obsession!!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

LValadez wrote: December 13th, 2021, 2:07 pm Hi, I would like to read section 16: Chapter XVI The Giant Behind the Waterfall
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
If you haven't already, you will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. After you get your ok there, please post the test here so I know it is all set.
Your section will be held for 1 month pending your test. Please keep in touch if there is a problem.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will be taken to your catalog page.Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
andyfrazier

Post by andyfrazier »

Can I take chapters X & XI please?
czandra

Post by czandra »

15 and 17 please!
Czandra
Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

andyfrazier wrote: December 31st, 2021, 2:36 am Can I take chapters X & XI please?
Yes ! Thanks!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

czandra wrote: December 31st, 2021, 6:22 am 15 and 17 please!
Czandra
Yes! Thank you!
czandra

Post by czandra »

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Excellent recording! Thank you!
Section 17 is PL Ok!
czandra

Post by czandra »

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Wow! Bet you are having difficulty with not -eth ending words today! Happy New Year!
Section 15 is PL Ok!
ravengreen

Post by ravengreen »

Good afternoon,
I've had a bit of a family emergency come up and I'm afraid I'm not able to give my section the attention it needs.
If you'd like to reassign section 1 that would be great and I apologize for not being able to complete it! It's a great story, I'd hate to rush it.

Thank you,
Raven
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

ravengreen wrote: January 4th, 2022, 12:32 pm Good afternoon,
I've had a bit of a family emergency come up and I'm afraid I'm not able to give my section the attention it needs.
If you'd like to reassign section 1 that would be great and I apologize for not being able to complete it! It's a great story, I'd hate to rush it.

Thank you,
Raven
Hey, No rush at all! Just let me know on or before February 1 if you need more time. Please keep the section?
Best,
Christine