[COMPLETE] Muse and Mint, by Walter Seymour Percy-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinBryden

Post by KevinBryden »

silverquill wrote: December 30th, 2021, 9:17 pm
KevinBryden wrote: December 30th, 2021, 12:40 pm Hello, can I record number 26 I’ll Be Watching On The Shore please?

Thanks, Kevin
Thank you for your interest in this project.
We do, however, request that our new readers first complete a one-minute test recording to check out all of your technical specifications and any reading issues.

New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

Among the useful information there you will find instructions for completing your test recording. Once you have the "OK" on that, post again here and you are free to record for this project. Let us know how you would like to be credited in the LibriVox catalog - real name, pseudonym or other nickname.

I will save this for you for ONE WEEK as there is another request for this.
Just post here when you have the OK on your test recording with the above information.
Hi Larry, thanks. My test has passed today. If I may claim number 26, that’d be great. I’d like to be credited as Kevin Bryden.

Thanks again

Kevin
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

KevinBryden wrote: December 31st, 2021, 12:00 pm
Hi Larry, thanks. My test has passed today. If I may claim number 26, that’d be great. I’d like to be credited as Kevin Bryden.

Thanks again

Kevin
Great!
I've added you to the catalog and assigned you Section 26
Just click on your name in the MW to view your personal reader page. This is where you can track all of your LV projects, of which I hope there will be many!

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX! :clap:
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
amazingspace48

Post by amazingspace48 »

Hi Larry,

Happy New Year! Here is my most recent attempt at 'Bo Peep' and 'Boy' respectively:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/museandmint_03_percy_128kb.mp3 (1:10 s)

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/museandmint_18_percy_128kb.mp3 (1:30)

Stay safe! :D

Kind regards,
amazingspace48
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

amazingspace48 wrote: December 31st, 2021, 7:00 pm Hi Larry,

Happy New Year! Here is my most recent attempt at 'Bo Peep' and 'Boy' respectively:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/museandmint_03_percy_128kb.mp3 (1:10 s)

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/museandmint_18_percy_128kb.mp3 (1:30)

Stay safe! :D

Kind regards,
amazingspace48
Thank you for working on these!

Alas, there are still major problems with Bo Peep.
Did you listen to this before you uploaded it?

First there is a great deal of constant background noise that sounds like music and voices. I think it is more than can be eliminated with the noise reduction application. Even if it could, there is a more serious problem.

There are numerous place where there are very loud bangs! I don't know what they are, but they are so loud as to be jolting and there are so many of them. Here are the ones that I noticed and I think you will too if you listen:

Loud crashes at: 0:28, 0:37, 0:40.5 , 0:44.5, 0:48, 0:52, 1:06

One of the challenges most of us have is finding a quiet place and time to record. So, if you would like to try again, maybe it will work.

Section 18 also has a lot of background noise, but none of the loud crashes, and I was able to clean it up enough to mark it as PL OK.

So, see what you can do with Bo Peep if you want to give it another try.
~ Larry
KevinBryden

Post by KevinBryden »

silverquill wrote: December 31st, 2021, 3:21 pm
KevinBryden wrote: December 31st, 2021, 12:00 pm

Thanks again

Kevin
Great!
I've added you to the catalog and assigned you Section 26
Just click on your name in the MW to view your personal reader page. This is where you can track all of your LV projects, of which I hope there will be many!

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX! :clap:
Thank you Larry.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
KevinBryden

Post by KevinBryden »

Hello good people. I hope you're all well.

Are any of you memorising these poems before recording?

I have memorised number 26, but am still at the stage where I can make little errors here and there. I wonder if it helps with flow and fluency. Years ago I could recite sonnet 18 for a while accurately. I suppose it's a nice thing to be able to do.

Thanks
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

alanmapstone wrote: January 1st, 2022, 4:24 am Section 58 - Stars

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/museandmint_58_percy_128kb.mp3

Happy New Year :D
PL OK!
Thank you
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

KevinBryden wrote: January 1st, 2022, 10:14 am Hello good people. I hope you're all well.

Are any of you memorising these poems before recording?

I have memorised number 26, but am still at the stage where I can make little errors here and there. I wonder if it helps with flow and fluency. Years ago I could recite sonnet 18 for a while accurately. I suppose it's a nice thing to be able to do.

Thanks
Not I. I've memorized poems, and lines for plays, but the volume of work on LV does not make that practical for what I do. It is good to be familiar with the text and even good to do practice readings of shorter pieces. I remember making multiple recordings of my first LV poem, one of Poe's, trying to get it perfect. But, I've learned to rely upon good editing to get a good result with less time and frustration.
~ Larry
amazingspace48

Post by amazingspace48 »

Hi Larry,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry about the noise. I think it was fireworks and firecrackers being simultaneously ignited by my neighbours in anticipation of New Year's Day, although it nowhere near midnight. Will try again during the week when the excitement has hopefully died down.

Regards,
amazingspace48
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

amazingspace48 wrote: January 1st, 2022, 6:34 pm Hi Larry,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry about the noise. I think it was fireworks and firecrackers being simultaneously ignited by my neighbours in anticipation of New Year's Day, although it nowhere near midnight. Will try again during the week when the excitement has hopefully died down.

Regards,
amazingspace48
Ah! That would explain it, for sure.
We had our own fireworks, but at midnight, and we live in the woods with few neighbors. It was a pretty good show.
~ Larry
pschempf

Post by pschempf »

Hi Larry -

May I have sections 49, 52, 62, 74 and 77?
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

pschempf wrote: January 1st, 2022, 8:49 pm Hi Larry -

May I have sections 49, 52, 62, 74 and 77?
Thank you!
Would you please read the heading, Poems of Humor, before section 62 Sap’s A-bilin’?
~ Larry
KevinBryden

Post by KevinBryden »

Hello, please see my recording here for section 26:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/museandmint_26_percy_.mp3

I hope it's ok.

Thanks

Kevin
nighthawks

Post by nighthawks »

May I please record Section 17, Sweet Steen. Thanks