[COMPLETE][Supernatural]The Haunted Homes and Family Traditions of Great Britain, by John Henry Ingram - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
davidholmesvoice

Post by davidholmesvoice »

Hi there

Section 147 for PL.

Thanks,
David

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hauntedhomes_147_ingram_128kb.mp3
Duration: 9m52s
david@holmesvoice.co.uk
ABVoice

Post by ABVoice »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

p4songer wrote: November 24th, 2021, 3:06 pm Section 93 is ready for spot PL. Duration is still 6:45
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hauntedhomes_093_ingram_128kb.mp3
:thumbs: perfectly PL ok now. Thanks
My favorite line from the story is "But his account isn't gruesome enough, thankfully, we have another story of these hooligans" :lol:
:lol: typical British humour.
Now I'm officially taking a week off, happy thanksgiving!
enjoy your time off !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

TheLoneReader wrote: November 24th, 2021, 5:50 pmSection 088 is ready for PL.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hauntedhomes_088_ingram_128kb.mp3
another excellent contribution, Steve, thanks ! I have a hunch the groom died from a bad conscience when he saw the cousin of the deceased at his wedding :mrgreen:

Totally PL ok.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you David, another highly spectacular incident of second sight :shock: Beautifully narrated again, but I am suspecting you sent me the unedited file by mistake. There were quite some lengthy pauses and uncut repeats still in, I think you probably cut them out but sent me the wrong file.

Anyway, since I was listening now, I wrote up all the time-stamps where they occured, just in case you didn't keep your file. I would recommend starting at the end and working your way up to the beginning, that way the time stamps stay the same for you. ;) Otherwise you may have trouble finding them easily.

> from 1:35 to 1:37: (p. 618) between "fear of her life" and "one morning" - lengthy pause

> from 1:49 to 1:52: (p. 618) between "sword in his hand" and "he had opened" - lengthy pause

> from 2:22 to 2:24: (p. 618) between "of course accorded" and "after such proceedings" - lengthy pause

> at 2:47: (p. 618) stumble and repeat: "came to Edinburgh and among other accomplishments" – one "and" can be cut

> from 3:00 to 3:03: (p. 619) between "of their distance" and "hearing of the marvels" - lengthy pause

> from 3:32 to 3:34: (p. 619) between "to a large mirror" and "upon looking into it" - lengthy pause

> from 5:10 to 5:13: (p. 620) between "vanished away" and "upon her return" - lengthy pause

> at 5:24: (p. 620) between "mysterious vision" and "this account" there is a background rustle which can easily get cut

> from 6:21 to 6:23: (p. 620) between "forthcoming wedding" and "he went" - lengthy pause

> from 6:37 to 6:40: (p. 621) between "Lord Primrose" and "Lady Primrose" - lengthy pause

> at 6:46: (p. 621) missed part of the sentence (underlined): a full account of the vision she had beheld in the magic mirror, but she was so confounded"

> at 7:07: (p. 621) stumble and repeat "upon receiving" – "up" can get cut

> from 7:37 to 7:53: (p. 621) between "he had decscribed" and "a few words" - lengthy pause with background rumblings

> from 7:53 to 8:02: (p. 621) stumble and repeat: "a few words about Lady Primrose's career" – several versions can get cut

> at the end: you have 7 seconds of silence, please cut down to our standard 5

thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ABVoice wrote: November 24th, 2021, 7:16 pmHere is Section#11:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hauntedhomes_011_ingram_128kb.mp3
hello Avani and thank you for your section. Two more ghost sightings in Cambridge :mrgreen: Nicely narrated, but there are a few small textual errors which make the sentences had to understand or change the meaning too much. No worries, you do not have to re-record it all. Please only re-record that part of the sentence and paste it in the correct slot which I mention below. The rest was fine.

> the volume is a bit under our accepted limits, I would suggest amplifying with +4 dB. You have a few loud peaks at some places (for example at 0:57, 2:10, 2:15, 3:09 etc, you should be able to see them easily in Audacity, the long peaks really stick out) and which may prevent you from amplifying more, so it's best to manually decrease the volume on those peaks before that.

> at 0:55: (p. 29) "then Master of Trinity College, Cambridge" – you say "or"

> at 1:14: (p. 30) "upon presenting his introductory epistle" – this is difficult to understand, I hear more "introducy ap istool". Here you can listen to it: https://translate.google.com/?hl=de&sl=auto&tl=en&text=introductory%20epistle&op=translate

> at 1:55: (p. 30) "might think him fanciful" – you say "manisful" (I think)

> at 2:51: (p. 30) "having had no intimation of it beforehand" – you say "intimidation"

> at 2:57: (p. 30) "very pertinently" – you say "pertentily"

> at 5:06: (p. 32) "and had contrived" – you say "contravived"

thanks

Sonia
davidholmesvoice

Kitty wrote: November 25th, 2021, 3:40 am
thank you David, another highly spectacular incident of second sight :shock: Beautifully narrated again, but I am suspecting you sent me the unedited file by mistake. There were quite some lengthy pauses and uncut repeats still in, I think you probably cut them out but sent me the wrong file.

Anyway, since I was listening now, I wrote up all the time-stamps where they occured, just in case you didn't keep your file. I would recommend starting at the end and working your way up to the beginning, that way the time stamps stay the same for you. ;) Otherwise you may have trouble finding them easily.

> from 1:35 to 1:37: (p. 618) between "fear of her life" and "one morning" - lengthy pause

> from 1:49 to 1:52: (p. 618) between "sword in his hand" and "he had opened" - lengthy pause

> from 2:22 to 2:24: (p. 618) between "of course accorded" and "after such proceedings" - lengthy pause

> at 2:47: (p. 618) stumble and repeat: "came to Edinburgh and among other accomplishments" – one "and" can be cut

> from 3:00 to 3:03: (p. 619) between "of their distance" and "hearing of the marvels" - lengthy pause

> from 3:32 to 3:34: (p. 619) between "to a large mirror" and "upon looking into it" - lengthy pause

> from 5:10 to 5:13: (p. 620) between "vanished away" and "upon her return" - lengthy pause

> at 5:24: (p. 620) between "mysterious vision" and "this account" there is a background rustle which can easily get cut

> from 6:21 to 6:23: (p. 620) between "forthcoming wedding" and "he went" - lengthy pause

> from 6:37 to 6:40: (p. 621) between "Lord Primrose" and "Lady Primrose" - lengthy pause

> at 6:46: (p. 621) missed part of the sentence (underlined): a full account of the vision she had beheld in the magic mirror, but she was so confounded"

> at 7:07: (p. 621) stumble and repeat "upon receiving" – "up" can get cut

> from 7:37 to 7:53: (p. 621) between "he had decscribed" and "a few words" - lengthy pause with background rumblings

> from 7:53 to 8:02: (p. 621) stumble and repeat: "a few words about Lady Primrose's career" – several versions can get cut

> at the end: you have 7 seconds of silence, please cut down to our standard 5

thanks

Sonia
This is APPALLING! I’m so sorry.
Note to self: don’t send files at 1am.
Will fix.
Apologies.
D
david@holmesvoice.co.uk
LCair6

Post by LCair6 »

Hi there,
Section 121 now uploaded !
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hauntedhomes_121_ingram_128kb.mp3

Time : 6.09

best wishes
Lorraine
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

davidholmesvoice wrote: November 25th, 2021, 6:38 amThis is APPALLING! I’m so sorry.
Note to self: don’t send files at 1am.
aha, yes, late night and sleepiness can be the source of errors sometimes. I suspected you sent the unedited files ;) it can happen.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LCair6 wrote: November 25th, 2021, 7:04 amSection 121 now uploaded !
thank you Lorraine, another wonderfully narrated tale. Interesting that this was the inspiration for Poe's Mask of the Red Death, and indeed, the similarities are astounding ! :shock:

Only two important cuts needed, then all is perfect:

> from 0:27 to 0:30: between "Jedburgh Castle" and "even the ruins" – the pause is too long, also there are some very loud clicks, I am guessing they were a marker and you forgot to remove them

> from 5:23 to 5:29: "and deemed that it had been sent to betoken his speedy and premature death" – can be cut at this spot, this belongs to the end of the story, where you have read it correctly

thanks

Sonia
Bagpussbee

Post by Bagpussbee »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hauntedhomes_050_ingram_128kb.mp3 Track Time: 7:53

Hi Sonia,

Here is Section 50 Mannington Hall, late night apparitions after a few too many sherries I reckon! :D

Thanks
Bee
🐝 🐝 🌸
davidholmesvoice

[returns shameful to the forum - head hung low]

That version was so awful I really can't apologise enough. Sorry.

Here is the nice & shiny NEW VERSION of Section 147:
Duration: 9m 11s

David
😔
david@holmesvoice.co.uk
LCair6

Post by LCair6 »

Hi there,
revised version now uploaded. :D

Ooops , sorry about the clicks , I became desensitised to them .
Hope this is now ok.
Many thanks
Lorraine
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Bagpussbee wrote: November 25th, 2021, 9:55 amhttps://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hauntedhomes_050_ingram_128kb.mp3 Track Time: 7:53
Here is Section 50 Mannington Hall, late night apparitions after a few too many sherries I reckon! :D
:lol: you could be onto something. Overwork and tiredness may also have played a factor. In any case, I think the people in these stories are always quite cool and calm in the face of apparitions. :shock: What nerve !

Thanks, Bee, beautifully and flawlessly narrated, and PL ok right away.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

davidholmesvoice wrote: November 25th, 2021, 10:13 amHere is the nice & shiny NEW VERSION of Section 147:
ok when you said "NEW" version, I was already afraid you had re-recorded it all from scratch :shock: since it only involved cuts this was not necessary at all. (and I would have to re-listen to it from the start) But I spot checked a few sentences all throughout, and I'm fairly reassured that you only edited the old version, can you confirm that this is correct ?

The edits have been excellently made and it can then by marked PL ok. Thank you !

Sonia