(COMPLETE) [DR] The Mystery of a Hansom Cab by Fergus Hume - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Brian Fitzgerald - Ch17 and Argus Newspaper Woman - Ch20 are PL Ok :clap: :clap:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

LCaulkins wrote: November 10th, 2021, 3:35 pm Whew! That burst of work is finished. 8-)
You did an AWESOME job, Lynette. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you for everything you have done so far. :9:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Sara :)

The drafts for chapters 17 and 20 are updated. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hey, Tricia,

Here is an updated summary. I don't have access to the main post to paste it in.

------------------------------------

Who killed the man in the hansom cab? -- Who is Sal Rawlins? -- What will happen to Madge and Brian? -- Murder and family secrets create the intrigue in this excellent Australian mystery. Fergus Hume's novel, originally published in 1886, rapidly became a best-seller. It was very soon published in England and the United States, and over a hundred years later, Geoffrey Haines credited "The Mystery of a Hansom Cab" as doing "more than any book to give the outside world a picture of Melbourne of the late 1880's (in "A History of Victoria," 2006). This is one of those old-time gems that continues to entertain, both in print form and on the air and screens. (Summary by Lynette Caulkins)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

LCaulkins wrote: November 13th, 2021, 8:07 am Hey, Tricia,

Here is an updated summary. I don't have access to the main post to paste it in.

------------------------------------

Who killed the man in the hansom cab? -- Who is Sal Rawlins? -- What will happen to Madge and Brian? -- Murder and family secrets create the intrigue in this excellent Australian mystery. Fergus Hume's novel, originally published in 1886, rapidly became a best-seller. It was very soon published in England and the United States, and over a hundred years later, Geoffrey Haines credited "The Mystery of a Hansom Cab" as doing "more than any book to give the outside world a picture of Melbourne of the late 1880's (in "A History of Victoria," 2006). This is one of those old-time gems that continues to entertain, both in print form and on the air and screens. (Summary by Lynette Caulkins)
Got it - thanks!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TheSheepGal

Post by TheSheepGal »

Apologies once again for the delay in recording. I think I finally have Chapter 35 ready for PLing.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahansomcab_narrator_35.mp3 (6.56)

Cheers,
Cindy!
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Greetings. Stepping in for BC duties. The MW is saying I don't have access.

Am going through the steps for first time MW access.
Scott
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

TheSheepGal wrote: November 17th, 2021, 4:24 pm Apologies once again for the delay in recording. I think I finally have Chapter 35 ready for PLing.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahansomcab_narrator_35.mp3 (6.56)

Cheers,
Cindy!
Thank you. This is in the MW now for the proof listener.

Don't think I messed anything up yet.
Scott
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

SCaulkins wrote: November 17th, 2021, 6:13 pm Thank you. This is in the MW now for the proof listener.

Don't think I messed anything up yet.
Looks good so far. 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

The completed Chapter 2 has been uploaded!

Scott, come get me when you see this, and I'll walk you through all the changes that need to be made in the MW for this chapter.
~Lynette * -
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

LCaulkins wrote: November 19th, 2021, 10:43 am The completed Chapter 2 has been uploaded!

Scott, come get me when you see this, and I'll walk you through all the changes that need to be made in the MW for this chapter.
The finalized Chapter 2 is ready for PL
Scott
TheSheepGal

Post by TheSheepGal »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

You are rolling! Thanks :)

and I forgot - Scott is now BC for this one. :lol: I'll make sure he loads the chapter for our PL before the night's over.
~Lynette * -
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Narrator 34 is ready for proofing now.
Scott
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Here is the finished Chapter 35!

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/hansomcabdr_35_hume_128kb.mp3 (7:06)

Scott, come get me again when you're ready, and I'll show you the changes in the MW that need to happen.
~Lynette * -