COMPLETE: English Lit for Boys & Girls - H. E. Marshall - pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Bookworm360 wrote: September 9th, 2021, 8:53 am Wow, Keats is my new favorite poet!! :clap:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_81_marshall_128kb.mp3
Duration 18:40
Hi there! Again, a great recording! It is PL OK!

Way to go! Thanks for contributing again!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

LangeM wrote: August 10th, 2021, 5:47 pm Here is Steele, 66. Please note that for all the footnotes I read them exactly where the asterisk was placed within the text, except for the last footnote about the blotting paper and sand. For this one, I placed it after the complete reading of Steele's letter to his wife, as placing it within the text of the letter seemed to interrupt the flow too much. But if you prefer it placed otherwise, I would be happy to change it. Hope all else is tidy and true. :)

Duration is 19:32.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_66_marshall_128kb.mp3
Hi Margaret - thanks for the note - I ended up finishing all my PL's as I forgot about the noise of Fireworks!

Can you please move the footnote? Here is the information that will help you. *In those days there was no blotting-paper, and sand was used to dry the ink. Which is found at 16:11 – 16:18 to 15:53

Many thanks!

Then it will be PL OK as other than that the reading is excellent!

Lynda
kmasters

Post by kmasters »

Lmnei wrote: October 31st, 2021, 5:45 pm
Hi there! Thanks for providing this detail! I think you are correct, they are typos from when the book was made into a document.

Section 47 is very well read and PL OK! Thanks so much and sorry for the delay!

Lynda
Thank you, Lynda (Yeah, I figured that something was wrong, so just waited patiently. Glad you're feeling better. :D
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

Here is chapter 60! I'm afraid I may have butchered the Chaucer portion, but I can give it another try if needed. That old language in original spelling is tough!

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_60_marshall_128kb.mp3
25:40

Also, I am going to try my darndest to get chapter 72 in ASAP, but I want to offer it up to anyone who is feeling ambitious and may do it more justice than I...anyone? :help: (I've never orphaned a chapter before, but I'm feeling quite humble with this reading! :lol:)
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

AlongsideMom wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 8:20 pm Here is chapter 60! I'm afraid I may have butchered the Chaucer portion, but I can give it another try if needed. That old language in original spelling is tough!

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_60_marshall_128kb.mp3
25:40

Also, I am going to try my darndest to get chapter 72 in ASAP, but I want to offer it up to anyone who is feeling ambitious and may do it more justice than I...anyone? :help: (I've never orphaned a chapter before, but I'm feeling quite humble with this reading! :lol:)
Thanks so much Brooke! I will leave 72 assigned to you right now as I need to orphan another Chapter first. Let me know how it goes in a couple of days though please.

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi all -

Section 69 has been orphaned. Any takers?

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Brooke!

How is Chapter 72 going? Shall I orphan it now or were you able to record it?

Lynda
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

I’m afraid I need to orphan it. :(
I’m so sorry; this season is a busy one for our family when my husband is working every weekend in Oct & Nov. He helps me make the time to work on my LibriVox projects when he is home, but that has not been often in the past couple of weeks.
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

AlongsideMom wrote: November 7th, 2021, 10:54 am I’m afraid I need to orphan it. :(
I’m so sorry; this season is a busy one for our family when my husband is working every weekend in Oct & Nov. He helps me make the time to work on my LibriVox projects when he is home, but that has not been often in the past couple of weeks.
It is not a problem Brooke! You have a great day!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi all!

We new have two lonely orphaned chapters that would like to find some readers...

Numbers 69 and 72! Then this book will be complete!

Lynda
Theginmann

Post by Theginmann »

I'd be happy to read sections 69 and 72 if that's ok?
Thanks, Gini
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

They are yours!

Thanks so much!

I will update the MW when I get my laptop back from the upgrade gods...

Lynda
Ds1332

Post by Ds1332 »

Hello!

May I claim Chapter LXIX: Johnson - The End of the Journey for reading!

-Disha.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Ds1332 wrote: November 8th, 2021, 9:12 pm Hello!

May I claim Chapter LXIX: Johnson - The End of the Journey for reading!

-Disha.
Hi Disha - both the open Chapters were spoken for above earlier today. Sorry about not having them updated right away however my laptop was upgrading to Windows 11 today and it is hard to update Chapters on my phone. I am sure you will find other Chapters to read!

Lynda
Theginmann

Post by Theginmann »