LibriVox YouTube Comments: allow? [not LV]

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

I am concerned about comments below some audio books on our LIbriVox YouTube channel. Is it time to disable the comments?
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

We don't have control over the YouTube channel. BengtW does. Maybe ask them?
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
BengtW

Post by BengtW »

I am interested more people are concerned about the comments. I find them quite useful as I get feedback and questions that helps me improve the channel. I try to promote the positive feedback regarding the readers as well and all the negative feedback I simply ignore. I do not want to remove any comments unless they are strictly offensive.
BengtW

Post by BengtW »

To clarify, if a reader wants a certain YouTube video or videos to have comments disabled I will turn them off for those specific ones. I would even delete it if requested. I was talking in general in the post above.
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Bravo BengtW

I believe you have a good approach here based on your two posts. I view the ability to leave comments (positive or negative) much like you. I have gotten good feedback from both types of comments, and just ignore the (often negative) gratuitous ones made by others.

We all (adults, and those supervising children) should understand, and be able to deal with, the pros and cons of providing public domain writings and recordings, especially to the internet. While LibriVox maintains a code of positivity on its site, that doesn't mean that others who use the PD recordings for their own purposes, will.

FWIW,

Don (from the US where freedom of speech is a most basic individual right)