COMPLETE The Begum's Fortune by Jules Verne - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Section 12 and 13 are PL-OK!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Chapters 14-16 are PL-OK!

You left me with a cliffhanger!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

craigdav1 wrote: September 12th, 2021, 1:54 pm MW coming up.

edit: Let me know if any changes are needed.
@craigdav1 -
The original published version of this book ends with 3 sections that make up an unrelated short story about the Mutineers on the Bounty. What do you think about ending this project with the conclusion and forking that short story off into a separate project? I'm happy to do it either way.

Kate
Kate Follis
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

As long as the last three chapters collectively are around 90m in length they can be done as a separate book. Otherwise they would have to go in one of our short story collections. It's your decision whether or not to separate them.
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

craigdav1 wrote: October 29th, 2021, 7:11 am As long as the last three chapters collectively are around 90m in length they can be done as a separate book. Otherwise they would have to go in one of our short story collections. It's your decision whether or not to separate them.
Thanks - this is very helpful. I did a quick word count, and there's not enough there to produce as a separate book. The 3 chapters together are less than an hour. My main concern is that the short story is "lost" being randomly tacked onto the novel. Lynnet has an open short story collection going here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=89092, so let's do this:
  • Back out the Mutineers of the Bounty from this project - will need to remove the last 3 chapters and edit the description to remove the last line, which mentions the story. I don't think I have enough permissions to do that, so will need your help.
  • I'll record the Mutineers story and add it to Lynnet's collection as a single file.
That leaves just 3 chapters for The Begum's Fortune, so we should be wrapping up soon!
Kate Follis
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Back out the Mutineers of the Bounty from this project - will need to remove the last 3 chapters and edit the description to remove the last line, which mentions the story. I don't think I have enough permissions to do that, so will need your help.
Done.
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Thank you, kindly. You're the best.
Kate Follis
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

The last 4 chapters are PL-OK :clap: :clap:

Thank you for having me as DPL for you again! I very much enjoyed listening to you read this :9:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings