[POETRY] Poems of American Patriotism, Brander Matthews, Ed. -jo

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
moranf2

Post by moranf2 » July 8th, 2021, 4:42 pm

Below are my comments for Paul Revere's Ride:

0:02-0:06 Intro could be enunciated a bit more.
5:15 Peril sounds like Pearl
Overall, pauses after lines could be longer to help understand the flow of the poem. Good recording nonetheless.

moranf2

Post by moranf2 » July 8th, 2021, 4:51 pm

Below are my comments for The Battle of Lexington:

1:56- Killed sounds like cold

In general very good recording, very articulate.

moranf2

Post by moranf2 » July 8th, 2021, 4:57 pm

Below are my comments for Ticonderoga:

0:30 - Cataracts is mispronounced
2:33 - Cataracts is mispronounced again
Pace was much better.

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » July 8th, 2021, 5:42 pm

As DPL, when you have PL'd a section, you should change the status in the MW to See PL notes or PL OK as appropriate. You will find instructions for getting a password for the workflow system and updating the MW here -

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=DPLs:_How_to_Update_the_Magic_Window
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

moranf2

Post by moranf2 » July 10th, 2021, 5:44 pm

Comments for poem 7:

0:13 - Sounds like sand instead of stand

1:00 - Says rise instead of raise

Other than this okay.

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » July 28th, 2021, 8:55 pm

Hannah

Please confirm that you have seen my previous post quoted below as well as the various PL notes on your uploaded files before you upload any additional files. If you have questions about this process, let me know.

Jo
knotyouraveragejo wrote:
July 8th, 2021, 1:48 pm
Hannah,

Please adhere to the filename format in the first post -

poemsamericanpatriotism_##_matthews_128kb.mp3, where ## is the section number.

Section 2-7 that you have entered in the MW do not. You will need to rename these and reupload the files to the server, then update the links in the MW. You should also post in the thread when you upload a section. In addition, you have some PL notes to review.
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » September 6th, 2021, 2:22 pm

Hannah,

You have not posted to this thread since May 21st or responded in any way to my comments or to the PL notes that have been posted. If I don't hear from you in the next 10 days, I will have to treat this project as abandoned.
IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
Jo
My Librivox Solos

FletchersIceIsland

Post by FletchersIceIsland » September 7th, 2021, 5:02 pm

I am so sorry for not responding, I am working on fixing the recordings right now. Thank you for notifying me about all of this.

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » September 7th, 2021, 8:34 pm

OK. That's good! Thanks
Jo
My Librivox Solos

FletchersIceIsland

Post by FletchersIceIsland » September 13th, 2021, 7:07 pm

Hi! Again, thank you so much for letting me know about me forgetting to work on the book. I just wanted to let you know that I have fixed all of the file names just now.