COMPLETE: The Life of Abraham Lincoln by Ida Tarbell -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yes, I'm definitely on board for vol 2!

Section 20 is PL OK :thumbs:

Hired hands and drummed up mass support - nothing new when the Beatles came along. . .
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thanks! And on we go - section 21 is ready for PL.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 21 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Great, thanks!
Section 22 is up!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 22 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Section 23 is up.
An editing NIGHTMARE :twisted: - one of those that I am pretty sure has more cut out and patched in than remains untouched! I am placing the blame entirely on Mr Nick Charles (the cat), who decided it was party time in my office area during most of the first half of the recording. I am hopeful that I edited out all of the profanity that was shouted at him. It shocked even me when I heard it, and I am pretty much used to me. :oops:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

lololol :lol:

I've had times where one or the other of our cats has made things difficult during recording. Every once in a while, Navarre in particular feels that he needs to help me read, and he just won't stop butting in! :lol: This morning, it was Clara's begging for mid-day snacks that I had to cut out of a file I was working on. I totally lost it seeing the fish-like shape on the track of my cracking up at her melodramatics. :cat:

pulling the file now, but I probably won't get to listen before tomorrow morning.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OK< MY COMPUTER JUST STARTED ACTING REALLY STRANGELY< AND WILL ONLY DO ALL_CAPS AND MESSED UP PUNCTUATION _ WEIRDNESS THAT I DON"T HAVE TIME TO TROUBLE SHOOT AT THE MOMENT< SO I DO APOLOGIZE FOR THIS ANNOYING SHENANIGAN!

SECTION TWENTY_THREE IS PL OK :thumbs:

AND I DIDN"T NOTICE ANY CHOPPINESS AT ALL< SO GREAT EDITING> :)
~Lynette * -
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Sounds like you may need a new keyboard (or perhaps just a new battery if it's cordless).
Jo
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Oh, thanks, Jo! It is a wireless, so maybe the batteries are going. A normal reboot seems to have reset everything. My browser was wigging out as well as the characters, but everything's behaving normally now. I wouldn't have thought of the keyboard, so if stuff acts up again I'll pop in new batteries!
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

I have a question for both of you. In volume 2 ( looming evr closer) there is a lengthy appendix - 200 pages or so. It is all of Lincoln’s telegrams and correspondence. I have included a link if you’d like to have a look. Should it be included?
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uva.x001862984
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Like footnotes, it's entirely up to you as the BC. :)

As a reader (audiobook player), I would be interested in those.
~Lynette * -
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Yes, up to you if you want to include the appendix with Volume II of The Life of Abraham Lincoln or not. These could also be read a separate project titled Abraham Lincoln Letters, Telegrams and Speeches or something along those lines.
Jo
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thanks for the input. I am leaning towards putting it in. I will have to divide it into ten or more sections, but I think it merits inclusion.
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

In the meantime, section 24 is up , and only one more to go for this volume!