COMPLETE [Weekly Poetry] The Dreamers by Theodosia Garrison - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
nbvoices

Post by nbvoices »

Hello, here's my take on this one. Thanks. Time: 1:18. Appreciate any feedback. Nancy

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/dreamers_garrison_nb_128kb.mp3

Post by aradlaw »

Thank you Nancy. :thumbs:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
MichelleBallard

Post by MichelleBallard »

Michelle Ballard
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/dreamers_garrison_mb_128kb.mp3
length: 01:13

Edit: I read about the checker after the first time I uploaded this file, so I ended up re-uploading it at the correct volume. At least, I hope I got it right, the link is exactly the same.
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Welcome to LibriVox Michelle :D good first reading. :thumbs: All your specs are correct!

*Please let me know under what name would you like to appear in the LV catalog and if you have one, we can put your personal URL link on your catalog page too.
You can view your brand new LV Catalog page by clicking your forum name in the Magic Window.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
MichelleBallard

Post by MichelleBallard »

aradlaw wrote: May 15th, 2021, 7:09 am Welcome to LibriVox Michele :D good first reading. :thumbs: All your specs are correct!

*Please let me know under what name would you like to appear in the LV catalog and if you have one, we can put your personal URL link on your catalog page too.
You can view your brand new LV Catalog page by clicking your forum name in the Magic Window.
Thank you! You can just use my name "Michelle Ballard" (with two "L"s, please :wink: ). This is my only personal link, though there's nothing there yet: https://www.indiesound.com/profile/sondog
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thanks Michelle, your catalog page has been updated. :D
David Lawrence

pschempf

Post by pschempf »

David -

A contribution to my 500th project, fittingly it should be here where I contributed my first project -

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/dreamers_garrison_ps_128kb.mp3
Track length: 1:06

Also notable - I think this is the first section I have been able to do where other than noise cleaning and volume adjustment, I have been able to read it without an error that needed correcting (as long as you don't burst my bubble :wink: ).
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope
ElizaZ

Post by ElizaZ »

Beflamed

Post by Beflamed »

aradlaw wrote: May 14th, 2021, 2:54 pm Welcome to LibriVox Beflamed, good reading but a couple of technical items need correction.
- the file is in stereo and we need a mono recording
- the bitrate is 158 kbps (variable), we require a bitrate of 128 kbps (constant)
- the volume is good at 88.7 dB

I am not familiar with Microsoft's voice recorder app, most of our readers use Audacity which makes setting the proper specs a bit easier.
If you can, please make changes to your file and upload it again (using the same filename).

You can check your specs using our Checker program - see info at http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker You will find the volume in decibels on the Information tab. For your information, we look for around 89 dB (87-91 is OK)

Ok, sorry about that.
I fixed everything - here is my new recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/dreamers_garrison_b_128kb.mp3
Length is 1:09
I would like the name Beflamed to be used. I do not have a URL to share.
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

pschempf wrote: May 15th, 2021, 12:24 pm David -

A contribution to my 500th project, fittingly it should be here where I contributed my first project -

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/dreamers_garrison_ps_128kb.mp3
Track length: 1:06

Also notable - I think this is the first section I have been able to do where other than noise cleaning and volume adjustment, I have been able to read it without an error that needed correcting (as long as you don't burst my bubble :wink: ).
Congratulations! 500 projects! I just happened to notice your post. That is an incredible accomplishment!

Take care,

Greg Giordano
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

pschempf wrote: May 15th, 2021, 12:24 pm David -

Thank you Phil. :thumbs: Your bubble is intact on your QUINCENTENARY project. :birthday: :clap: .
David Lawrence

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thank you Eliza. :thumbs:

and Thanks for the edit Beflamed. :D
David Lawrence

immanuelm

Post by immanuelm »

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Welcome to LibriVox Immanuel :D good first reading, all specs are okay. :thumbs:

David Lawrence

immanuelm

Post by immanuelm »

"Immanuel McLaughlin" works fine. Don't have a personal url to add at the moment.