COMPLETE Worker Classification under NLRA, FLSA, ABC Test - mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Worker Classification: Employee Status Under the National Labor Relations Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the ABC Test, by Jon Shimabukuro

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/worker-classification-by-jon-shimabukuro/
A brief summary of the standards for classifying workers as either employees or independent contractors under various federal labor laws and common-law tests. (Summary by Joanne Turner)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R46765

Target completion date: 2021-07-00

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Worker Classification: Employee Status Under the National Labor Relations Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the ABC Test. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Worker Classification: Employee Status Under the National Labor Relations Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the ABC Test, by Jon Shimabukuro. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Worker Classification: Employee Status Under the National Labor Relations Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the ABC Test, by Jon Shimabukuro. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Worker Classification: Employee Status Under the National Labor Relations Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the ABC Test, by Jon Shimabukuro."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: workerclassification_##_shimabukuro_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number.

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: maryannspiegel

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Joanne,
I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Joanne,
The admins have some concern about the PD status of the table at the end (with state statutes). Most states statutes are subject to copyright. The rest of this publication is fine to record for LV.
MaryAnn
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I'll be happy to serve as DPL if you wish.
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

I very much wish!! And MaryAnn, I have no plans to record the table at the end.

Thanks, both of you!

Joanne
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Kevin, the introductory summary (section 1) is ready for you.

Thanks,

Joanne
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Kevin, you have MW access.
MaryAnn
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: April 29th, 2021, 8:24 pm Kevin, you have MW access.
MaryAnn
Thank you. I best get to work!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

jhturner wrote: April 29th, 2021, 9:11 am Kevin, the introductory summary (section 1) is ready for you.

Thanks,

Joanne
All good except the filename. Filenames, I understand, should not use capital letters.
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

I did not know that! I think I've always used capital letters in file names (if we're talking about section names?). Happy to change them if that's what's required!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

jhturner wrote: April 30th, 2021, 5:26 pm I did not know that! I think I've always used capital letters in file names (if we're talking about section names?). Happy to change them if that's what's required!
In the filenames that are uploaded. The titles and notes may have capitals.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

workerclassification_##_shimabukuro_128kb is correct. Not Workerclassification etc.
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

OK, got it! I'll get that fixed! Thanks--
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

jhturner wrote: May 1st, 2021, 9:08 am OK, got it! I'll get that fixed! Thanks--
I know it's a small thing, but it makes the Checker program cough.
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Can't have that! I've renamed the first file without a capital letter and reposted it, and have posted the second section as well (no caps).

Thanks much for listening,

Joanne