[COMPLETE] The Cambridge Modern History. Volume 03, The Wars of Religion-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

KevinS wrote: April 14th, 2021, 11:52 am Section 28
Eysiss wrote: April 14th, 2021, 1:57 pm Hi everyone.
May I PL section 28?
Thank you both! The MW has been updated. :)

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

MillYule wrote: April 15th, 2021, 2:48 pm Hello! Please can I claim sections 56-58
Welcome to LibriVox and thanks for volunteering! :) I'm happy to hear that you're willing to take on this entire chapter, but since you haven't yet completed any recordings and gotten a sense of the amount of effort they usually take, I feel like I should counsel a bit of caution. :) The finished recording will probably be around 90 minutes long, and for most readers that would take 5 to 8 hours of recording and editing. I recommend that you start with part 1 to get an idea of the process, and if, after finishing it, you think that you're willing and able to complete the rest within our usual 2-month deadline, you're welcome to claim the other 2 sections. :)

Since this is the first time you'll be assigned a section, let me know under what name (real or nickname) you would like to be credited in the catalog. We can also include a link to your personal website or blog, if you have one.

Also, please complete a 1-Minute Test before you record your first contribution. Its purpose is to ensure that your recording software and hardware is set up in accordance with LibriVox technical standards, so that you get a chance to adjust your setup without having to redo a longer recording. The instructions can be found on this wiki page:

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

In the meantime, I'll pencil in your claim in the Notes column of the Magic Window.

Thanks,
Michael
Genosse66

Post by Genosse66 »

Hi Kazbek, Leni and Aleksander,

I've endeavoured to correct all mistakes and am posting the latest efforts. Appreciate the technical knowhow and the careful proof listening. Hopefully this suffices.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory3_59_various_128kb.mp3

They sure had long, long sentences back in the day.

Genosse66
ChadiMassoud

Post by ChadiMassoud »

Hello, I'd be happy to take XVIII part 3 and 4.
MillYule

Post by MillYule »

Kazbek wrote: April 16th, 2021, 11:58 am
MillYule wrote: April 15th, 2021, 2:48 pm Hello! Please can I claim sections 56-58
Welcome to LibriVox and thanks for volunteering! :) I'm happy to hear that you're willing to take on this entire chapter, but since you haven't yet completed any recordings and gotten a sense of the amount of effort they usually take, I feel like I should counsel a bit of caution. :) The finished recording will probably be around 90 minutes long, and for most readers that would take 5 to 8 hours of recording and editing. I recommend that you start with part 1 to get an idea of the process, and if, after finishing it, you think that you're willing and able to complete the rest within our usual 2-month deadline, you're welcome to claim the other 2 sections. :)

Since this is the first time you'll be assigned a section, let me know under what name (real or nickname) you would like to be credited in the catalog. We can also include a link to your personal website or blog, if you have one.

Also, please complete a 1-Minute Test before you record your first contribution. Its purpose is to ensure that your recording software and hardware is set up in accordance with LibriVox technical standards, so that you get a chance to adjust your setup without having to redo a longer recording. The instructions can be found on this wiki page:

In the meantime, I'll pencil in your claim in the Notes column of the Magic Window.

Thanks,
Michael
Thank you for the advice! I'll take you up on that and only claim part 1. I'd like to be credited as Millie Yule please. Thanks again!
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Genosse66 wrote: April 17th, 2021, 1:07 am Hi Kazbek, Leni and Aleksander,

I've endeavoured to correct all mistakes and am posting the latest efforts. Appreciate the technical knowhow and the careful proof listening. Hopefully this suffices.
Thank you, Niall! Could you also let us know the new duration (mm:ss)? We ask readers to include it for every upload for bookkeeping purposes. :)

Alexander, will you also do spot PL?

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

ChadiMassoud wrote: April 17th, 2021, 1:16 am Hello, I'd be happy to take XVIII part 3 and 4.
Hello, and welcome to LibriVox! :) I normally encourage new readers to start by claiming one section in this project to get an idea of how long it takes to record and edit a section of this length. I'll sign you up for two, but please let me know if you change your mind. :)

Since this looks like the first time you'll be assigned a section, let me know under what name (real or nickname) you would like to be credited in the catalog. We can also include a link to your personal website or blog, if you have one.

Thanks for volunteering! :)
Michael
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

So for the section 28:
please Kevin, at 5:22 pag 261, 12 lines to the bottom,
I hear 1552 but it is 1542. I may be wrong, so please have a look at it.

This is the only thing to be checked.

Thanks
Emanuela
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
Genosse66

Post by Genosse66 »

Hi Michael,

Apologies, the duration for section 59 is 32.06.

Genosse66
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Genosse66 wrote: April 17th, 2021, 2:22 pm Hi Michael,

Apologies, the duration for section 59 is 32.06.

Genosse66
Thanks, no worries. :)

Michael
sjr8545

Post by sjr8545 »

Hi,
Section 2, "The Wars of Religion in France, part 1" has been uploaded for PL. Hope it's OK!
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory3_02_various_128kb.mp3
31:48

Thanks!
Sarah
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

May I claim
Section 44 Chapter XIII. Rome under Sixtus V by Count Ugo Balzani (part 1)
to begin, and then, please
hold for me:
45 Chapter XIII. Rome under Sixtus V by Count Ugo Balzani (part 2)
and
46 Chapter XIII. Rome under Sixtus V by Count Ugo Balzani (part 3)
please?

Thank you!
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

May I PL section 2?

Emanuela
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

sjr8545 wrote: April 17th, 2021, 10:40 pm Hi,
Section 2, "The Wars of Religion in France, part 1" has been uploaded for PL. Hope it's OK!
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory3_02_various_128kb.mp3
31:48

Thanks!
Sarah
Eysiss wrote: April 18th, 2021, 4:16 am May I PL section 2?

Emanuela
Thank you, Sarah and Emanuela!

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Owlivia wrote: April 17th, 2021, 10:41 pm May I claim
Section 44 Chapter XIII. Rome under Sixtus V by Count Ugo Balzani (part 1)
to begin, and then, please
hold for me:
45 Chapter XIII. Rome under Sixtus V by Count Ugo Balzani (part 2)
and
46 Chapter XIII. Rome under Sixtus V by Count Ugo Balzani (part 3)
please?

Thank you!
Thanks, assigned! :)

Michael