Hello, All!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
RebeccaBrown

Post by RebeccaBrown »

Hi, there! My name is Rebecca and I am from upstate New York (Syracuse, NY). I am a professional voice talent, and love my work! I can't wait to get into this project! I welcome anyone to check out my website www.RebeccaBrownVoice.com
Have a great day!!!
:D
Rebecca
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Yay, another one! Welcome, Rebecca. Any questions, give us a shout! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
vee

Post by vee »

Hi Rebecca. Great to have you aboard!

We're just finishing up our March Jamboree weekend. When you're ready to get started, there are plenty of books awaiting a voice.

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
RebeccaBrown

Post by RebeccaBrown »

thanks, guys!! It's nice to meet so many new, nice people!
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Cool! You're actually doing this currently! There are a fair number of us here who once did voice work, but got out of that game. The call of a regular paycheck was just too tempting, so after 20 years in radio I became a Professional Computer Geek instead. But I still love the performance aspect of it, and LibriVox is a wonderful outlet for that.

It's great to have you here, Rebecca - it's always good to hear a fresh voice in the mix!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
RebeccaBrown

Post by RebeccaBrown »

Thanks, Chip. It is definetly not my day job (I have one of those, too!), but doing voice work is WAY more fun. And there is noting wrong with being a computer geek! The world could not survive as we know it without computer geeks!
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Oh I discovered a long time ago that life is WAY too short not to be doing things you enjoy. As a result, I've done all sorts of odd things. More recently I discovered that having enough money to keep the wolf from the door was also desireable... ;)

I rather enjoy being a Professional Computer Geek. 10-12 hours a day I sit at the Computer Help Desk at my local newspaper/TV station and people with broken computers call me for help. Though it's a fairly high stress job, I have a great time with it. There's something fun about being able to puzzle out a problem on which there's no documentation whatsoever. There are about 1800 computers in the system, so it stays pretty busy.

But working those kinds of hours means that I don't really have time for any performance-related things in my life - or didn't, until I discovered LibriVox!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain