COMPLETE: Selected Lead Articles from "THE DAWN", by Louisa Lawson -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

looks like you need an MC. I'll set this up for you, but I have one request. Please make the images in your top post smaller if possible. Thanks! MW will be along in a few...
Jo
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

If still available, I would like to do Section 10: The Curse of Bad Example. Many Thanks!
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

I'm still interested in being the DPLer. Thanks, Chris.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 7:58 pm Please make the images in your top post smaller if possible
Happy to do it, but not sure how. :?:

Is there some modifier to the LV img function that will downsize the linked image?

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello,

If you're still looking for one more voice, I'd like to claim "About Ourselves".
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Chris,

Please not the following technical points.

1. I think we need to use the full disclaimer on all sections since they will be read by different people. Also I see that this is a recent compilation of gutenberg Australia. I guess it's OK since each article is dated, but normally we would not use this type of source since it's not an original scan with the copyright date. In fact it says Project Gutenberg Australia 2020 on the title page. Are these articles available as scans from the original publications?

2. You are using the old template. We have a new simplified template that is the preferred one for future use.

3. As I mentioned above, the images in your first post are too large for the forum. Having said that, the second one with be a great cover if it is a public domain image. If it's not, then it would be best if you removed it.
Jo
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

ezwa wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 8:07 pm Hello,

If you're still looking for one more voice, I'd like to claim "About Ourselves".
I wrote:
Oops! I just realized that I cannot record it since it's not PD where I am. Me bad for miscalculating. :oops:
Please ignore my claim.

And edited to say: I reckon I shouldn't make claims this early in the morning!
Where on earth did I read 1954?!? I thought it was three years short for copyright for me to claim.
Anne kindly brought to my attention it actually is 1920. So it's all good for me if still available.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hi Jo
I did check the text when I was asked - and it is available on government sites but not for all. It is a well-publicized text digitised by a public appeal so I am confident the articles have not been tampered with - and PGA is the only site that can be used for all
And I have collected the image for a cover (as a bird in the hand :D )
So I'm happy it is OK even if rather messy at the moment,

Anne
BluberryStar

Post by BluberryStar »

I would like to claim Section 6 "Boycotting The Dawn". If for some reason my claim has been taken by earlier posters, please let me know. I look forward to starting this project with you all :D Thank you, Chris!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Meanwhile, I will claim section 14, The Nonsensical Idea.
Jo
AngeliqueAnja

Post by AngeliqueAnja »

Thanks for PMing me that this was up and for assigning my part!

Annie
DR: The Mystery of a Hansom Cab (Readers Wanted)
SOLO The Fairy Latchkey

I am without internet at the moment. Not sure for how long.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

SonOfTheExiles wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 8:07 pm
knotyouraveragejo wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 7:58 pm Please make the images in your top post smaller if possible
Happy to do it, but not sure how. :?:

Is there some modifier to the LV img function that will downsize the linked image?

Chris
No unfortunately, I don't think there is without adding a new tag to the BBcode, but I found a smaller version of the first image on wikimedia so I've replace your link with it.
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Chris,

I put Sarah in as DPL and took the liberty of adding my claim for section 14 while I was at it. Hope you don't mind. :)
Jo
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

MaryinArkansas wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 8:01 pm If still available, I would like to do Section 10: The Curse of Bad Example. Many Thanks!
Thank you, signing you up.

Cheers,
Chris
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

SaraHale wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 8:03 pm I'm still interested in being the DPLer. Thanks, Chris.
Many thanks! :clap:

Cheers,
Chris