Complete [NOVEL] Children Of The Abbey By Regina Maria Roche-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi PL Notes for section 39
Your reading is great there are just some edits needed please. If you are using Audacity you can do the following.

The bit rate should be 128 kbps. When you export the file change ‘quality’ to 128kbps.

The recording should use a constant bit rate. When you export the file change ‘bit rate mode’ to ‘constant’

The recording should be in mono not stereo

The volume is 79dB which is too low. We aim for between 86-92 dB but ideally we would like it to be at 89 dB.
In Audacity you will also find the option to amplify under 'effects'.
How to amplify in Audacity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_z607awyLw
If you like you can use the checker tool to verify volume and other settings.
https://cgjennings.ca/projects/checker/

There should be between 0.5-1 second of silence at the beginning of the file.
There should be 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file.

Also adding in a plug in called replay gain will help you to check your volume in Audacity. The link for the video on how to do this is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Uz900RNos&feature=emb_logo

If you are using Audacity, here is a video one of our volunteers made on how to set up your tech specs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l00VDvGTieg

6:22 – stumble over letter
6:43 - stumble
9:12 – stumble over by me
9:31 – stumble over which
9:43 - Stumble over the post office
10:15 – stumble over don’t take it so badly
19:59 – stumble

Please could you carry out the edits then upload the file using the same file name. If you need any more help please just ask. Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus
wib66

Post by wib66 »

MW updated
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge thanks.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Over to Readers Found.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge thanks.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

MW updated and I will finish the PL ing today
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for section 26 and 27

As you are carrying out these edits please could you correct the file names which should be

childrenoftheabbey_26_roche_128kb

childrenoftheabbey_27_roche_128kb

If you could carry out these edits and reupload thanks.
Michele
tac107

Post by tac107 »

If she's passin' back this way
I'm not that hard to find
Tell her she can look me up
If she's got the time

Tatiana
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for section 28 and 29

Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for section 55

Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for section 57

Please could you carry out the edits then upload the file using the same file name Thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for section 65

Please could you carry out the edits then upload the file using the same file name Thanks
Michele