COMPLETE: English Lit for Boys & Girls - H. E. Marshall - pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

cadastra wrote: February 20th, 2021, 2:54 pm
Thanks so much! Could you please add in the footnote at 06:32? It reads "Preface to Boethius' Pastoral Care, translated into English by Alfred." Also, "128kb" needs to be added to the file name ("englishlitboysandgirls_15_marshall_128kb.mp3"). Just edit and re-upload!
Awesome Laveena - this is now PL OK!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

cadastra wrote: February 20th, 2021, 2:54 pm
mleigh wrote: January 26th, 2021, 1:35 pm Here is Chapter XXXIII: How the Shepherds Watched Their Flocks

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_33_marshall_128kb.mp3
12:34

Please let me know of any problems.

Thanks,

M
Thanks, M! Just one PL note--there is a repeat at 06:41 ("they wish to make friends again").
Hi there! This is now PL OK! Congratulations!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

alanmapstone wrote: January 11th, 2021, 2:08 am Section 79 - Byron

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_79_marshall_128kb.mp3

This writer, like so many in Victorian England, has obviously allowed her moral dislike of Byron to cloud her judgement of his literary work. To describe as "almost worthless" the work of one of finest poets in the English Language (IMHO) shows a lack of literary judgement as bad as her lack of knowledge of English history, as shown in her other books.
Quite sorry a offered to read this as it annoyed me so much. That probably shows in the quality of the reading.
Allan this was a WONDERFUL reading! There is nothing like a British speaker reading old English writing. Thanks for doing it despite the authors dislike :) I do have a couple of pieces of feedback for you -

8:54 – I did not hear Footnote Moore End Footnote here. You can also put it at the end of the paragraph (where I did not hear it either) however I think in the text would be more appropriate.
16:41 – please say Footnote and Endnote around Mazzini
17:57 – same for Scherer
18:05 – repeat with 18:07
18:44 - please say Footnote and Endnote around Arnold
18:58 – same with Swinburne
19:17 – same with By Pope
19:23 – same with Mcaulay

Lynda
Laveena27

Post by Laveena27 »

Lmnei wrote: March 13th, 2021, 5:09 pm

Lynda
Hi Lynda I saw that you have told others to say 'footnote' too. I have added the footnote but not said it. Do you want me to say it or is it alright?
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Laveena27 wrote: March 13th, 2021, 6:53 pm
Lmnei wrote: March 13th, 2021, 5:09 pm

Lynda
Hi Lynda I saw that you have told others to say 'footnote' too. I have added the footnote but not said it. Do you want me to say it or is it alright?
Hi there - I did not listen to your whole recording - just the part that was edited as that is what we do for a Spot PL. That said it is standard I believe in LV to say Footnote and End Footnote for items starred or numbered. If you can go do that then your recording will be the same as others. However as it was already PL'd by cadestra you are not required to do it.

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi all!

I went through the book tonight and filled in all the word counts for the various chapters so when you sign up you know approximately how long your reading will be. For most people at 3000-3500 word count section will take about 30 minutes to record depending on how fast you talk. No road runners needed!

Also, I wanted to remind people that when you see a *Name of Book or *Name of Person in this book - they are to be dealt with as a foot note. Please read them where it seems most appropriate - within the paragraph or at the end of the paragraph and start with Footnote and end with End Footnote.

There are a couple of you with old claims from December which are past the 2 month reading time. I am not very concerned as a lot of the book is still to be assigned other than it is March and we are trying at LV to get as many books completed and thus updated. So if you have an old claim all you need to do is comment that you are going to record it by x date and I can update the MW with that information.

Thanks so much!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hey Phil - MC Extraordinaire!

Section 80 has been uploaded and is ready for your PL assistance as I cannot PL my own work :)

Lynda
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Can I lay claim to section 84, Chapter LXXXIV: Dickens - Smiles and Tears

Thanks,

M
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

mleigh wrote: March 14th, 2021, 9:01 am Can I lay claim to section 84, Chapter LXXXIV: Dickens - Smiles and Tears

Thanks,

M
It is yours!

Lynda
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Section 79 revised

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_79_marshall_128kb.mp3

I have added the Footnote/End Footnote markers although personally I thought it sounded better without them as the writers names did not sound intrusive in the text.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
RuthP

Post by RuthP »

nighthawks

Post by nighthawks »

May I please record Section 17, The Story of Havelok the Dane

:D
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

nighthawks wrote: March 17th, 2021, 8:53 am May I please record Section 17, The Story of Havelok the Dane

:D
So assigned! Welcome to the project!

Lynda
alixsquish

Post by alixsquish »

Lmnei wrote: March 13th, 2021, 4:33 pm
Hi there! EXCELLENT reading of Section 11! I have NO FEEDBACK and it is PL OK! It was a pleasure to listen to!

Also I see here you ask for the other two Chaucer Chapters - I have assigned 24 to you as 23 was already assigned.

Congrats! :clap:

Lynda
Thank you Lynda, that's lovely to hear *^_^*

Will get to 24 soon (and noted that I was a bit tight on my opening silence for section 11 - will be more careful! For a bit. Then I'll forget and someone will have to remind me again >.<)

Thanks!
Suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.
Jake the dog
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Lmnei wrote: March 13th, 2021, 10:57 pm Hey Phil - MC Extraordinaire!

Section 80 has been uploaded and is ready for your PL assistance as I cannot PL my own work :)

Lynda
Great. For some reason I do not get any notificat ions about posts for this project. Strange since it is bookmarked and all.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk