Hi everyone!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
cleosteinhauser

Post by cleosteinhauser »

Hi! My name is Cleo and I am just starting out with the Librivox community. This seems like the perfect opportunity to both help people and expand my horizon, being able to express creativity from my bedroom!? Exciting! I am truly a newbie to the recording field and I hope to learn and grow as I make some recordings... but am very excited to figure it out and start recording audio books!
Thank you :)
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Hello, Cleo, and welcome to LibriVox. I'm sorry about the long delay in answering your post.

I see you've already started to get involved, but it's best to work your way through the steps described in the introductory email.

After your technical check, do read a few short works before you get involved in anything longer. It's surprising how long it takes to produce even a single poem. I remember almost abandoning my first solo here (about fifteen years ago), at least partly because I had realised that it would take much more work than I'd expected.

Phil has made a video to introduce new members to LibriVox, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s ... and you can always get help in the Need Help subforum, further down the main page of the forum.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

cleosteinhauser wrote: February 21st, 2021, 4:19 pm Hi! My name is Cleo and I am just starting out with the Librivox community. This seems like the perfect opportunity to both help people and expand my horizon, being able to express creativity from my bedroom!? Exciting! I am truly a newbie to the recording field and I hope to learn and grow as I make some recordings... but am very excited to figure it out and start recording audio books!
Thank you :)
Welcome, Cleo! 🐶
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄