[COMPLETE] New Chronicles of Rebecca by Kate Douglas Wiggin-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

wib66 wrote: February 26th, 2021, 11:46 am Happy to sign up to voice 1 not sure about the singing but will give it a go
Thank you so much! That's all I can ask. :)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

I could edit a couple more chapters, Twinkle, if that's okay with you. (Trying to do one or two at a time so I don't overcommit myself.)
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Wonderful! Thank you! :clap: I'll sign you up for Seven and Eleven.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

PL note for Chapter 6:

@ 19:59, 20:05, & 20:15: I think the "hip, hip, hurrah" lines are too loud. If you look at them in Audacity, you can see they are clipping. Could you lower the volume on these so it matches the rest of the chapter? (And maybe even lower the Edgewood Minister's lines right before each one, too, a little.)

One easy way to do this and ensure that it will match the volume of the rest of the chapter is to use Audacity's compression tool. If you haven't used compression before, this is how I recommend people apply it:

(The trick to the compressor tool is to temporarily add some extra seconds of silence at the very beginning of the recording. Otherwise, the beginning of the recording will have a muted, fade-in effect -- not sure why this happens.)
  1. Click and drag to highlight the first 15 seconds of the chapter
  2. Hit Ctrl + C to copy this selection
  3. Now click in the area at very beginning of the track (to the left of all the waveforms)
  4. Hit Ctrl + V to paste those first 15 seconds
  5. Now hit the Silence audio selection button (or hit Ctrl + L if you have trouble finding it)
  6. Hit Ctrl + A to highlight the entire chapter
  7. Click Effect > Compressor...
  8. Next to Threshold, move the slider to about -16 dB
  9. Next to Noise Floor, move the slider to -40 dB
  10. Next to Ratio, move the slider to 2:1
  11. Next to Attack Time, move the slider to 0.10 secs
  12. Next to Release Time, move the slider to 1.0 secs
  13. Make sure the boxes next to Make-up gain for 0dB after compressing and Compress based on Peaks are NOT checked
  14. Click OK
  15. Now click and drag to highlight those first 15 seconds of silence
  16. Hit the Delete key

But overall I loved the chapter! :) I think the amount of space between lines was great, and all the other characters' volumes sounded good to me.
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Twinkle88 wrote: February 26th, 2021, 6:26 pm PL note for Chapter 6:

@ 19:59, 20:05, & 20:15: I think the "hip, hip, hurrah" lines are too loud. If you look at them in Audacity, you can see they are clipping. Could you lower the volume on these so it matches the rest of the chapter? (And maybe even lower the Edgewood Minister's lines right before each one, too, a little.)

One easy way to do this and ensure that it will match the volume of the rest of the chapter is to use Audacity's compression tool. If you haven't used compression before, this is how I recommend people apply it:

(The trick to the compressor tool is to temporarily add some extra seconds of silence at the very beginning of the recording. Otherwise, the beginning of the recording will have a muted, fade-in effect -- not sure why this happens.)
  3. Now click in the area at very beginning of the track (to the left of all the waveforms)
  5. Now hit the Silence audio selection button (or hit Ctrl + L if you have trouble finding it)
  13. Make sure the boxes next to Make-up gain for 0dB after compressing and Compress based on Peaks are NOT checked
  14. Click OK
  16. Hit the Delete key

But overall I loved the chapter! :) I think the amount of space between lines was great, and all the other characters' volumes sounded good to me.
I'll edit this today and send it back to you! I'm sorry I couldn't get back earlier, my laptop was unfortunately under repair.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

bhavya wrote: February 27th, 2021, 4:12 am

14. Click OK
  16. Hit the Delete key

I'll edit this today and send it back to you! I'm sorry I couldn't get back earlier, my laptop was unfortunately under repair.
Thank you, Twinkle!
If you want to, Bhavya, you can do this, but you don’t have to :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

JayKitty76 wrote: February 27th, 2021, 11:23 am

14. Click OK
  16. Hit the Delete key

Thank you, Twinkle!
If you want to, Bhavya, you can do this, but you don’t have to :wink:
I dont mind! It would be super helpful if you can, but if you need help let me know!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

14. Click OK
  16. Hit the Delete key

Hi, Bhavya!

That's okay! I hope your laptop is working well again!

I asked for some additional help with the editing since I hadn't heard from you in while. Chapter 6 is now assigned to JayKitty76, so please leave the Chapter 6 PL notes for her to edit.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

wib66 wrote: February 27th, 2021, 7:47 am Here are the files for Voice 1 the reader credit is in chapter 5 hope that is ok. Thanks

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/newchronicles_02_voice1_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/newchronicles_05_voice1_128kb.mp3
Thank you!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll take Voice 2.

I assume I follow the cues of the others for the quick song?
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Wonderful! :clap: Thanks! There's a link to audio you will sing along with just above the song in the script.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Great! These are both PL OK! :thumbs:
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »