Ozoplaning with the Wizard of Oz - pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Chapters 4 ans 5 are PL OK.

After hurricane Irma Verizon put up a ton of 'hotspots' so we could have some internet access. I didn't use it often other than to check in with family but I'm sure a lot of people appreciated it.

I'm glad you are safe. :9:
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 6
0.12 there is ~6 seconds between intro and the story. This seems a bit long.

2:00 – missing text - "Skydragon!" he announced, after a brief glance at the gleaming shape drifting down through the fog. "Quick Hippen! Summon the Royal Blowmen! Back, stand back, you witless woffs! Do you wish to be crushed and eaten? Yon monster will alight on the North shore any moonite now!" At Strut's loud warning, half of his subjects took to their heels while the rest scurried round to the South side of the lake, every head turned up toward the mysterious dragon.
Only, of course, it was not a dragon.

9:27 repeat – Strut and his subjects wore belted tunics of some iridescent…
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Chapter 6 has been fixed and uploaded. I am surprised there were not more problems with this file so thanks for the careful listen. Editing without the text is harder than I imagined it would be.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 7
3:19 word change (optional) - "Oh, I'm just Jellia Jam, Ozma's Chief Maid in Waiting," Jellia said as she trotted uneasily along at his side.
Recorded as tottered

7:48 pause seems a little long to my ear.

8:50 word change - "And I am its High and Mighty Sovereign, ruler of the Spikers who inhabit the strata below, and of the Zoomers who inhabit the strata above, and of all the other spheres and half-spheres in this particular area.
Recorded as species

12:42 stumble - and the staff immediately folded its wings.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Chapter 7 has been fixed and uploaded. It was nice and cool today, wonderful weather again. :thumbs: Time for tea and bed soon.
linny

Post by linny »

All seems to be returning to normal for you. :9:

I'm out of town until Monday. I'm taking my computer so I will still be able to PL. I'll be slow though so I understand if you need to get someone else and hurry this along.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

linny wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 12:44 pm All seems to be returning to normal for you. :9:

I'm out of town until Monday. I'm taking my computer so I will still be able to PL. I'll be slow though so I understand if you need to get someone else and hurry this along.
Get someone else! HA! absolutely unthinkable! There is no rush about much in LibriVox and certainly not this. Be safe and whenever is fine. :D
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you Phil. Tomorrow I’ll start figuring out just how behind I am. Tonight...I rest. :9:
linny

Post by linny »

6 and 7 are both spot check PL OK. :D

Chapter 8 is PL OK.

Chapter 9
9:09 – stumble - The fierce music of the bag pipes had brought airlanders running from every direction.

18:56 word change - In his extreme excitement, the Soldier tripped over a balloon bush and fell seven feet into the air.
Recorded as Soldiers

Chapter 10
5:08 word change - So light and flimsy was the straw man that the bunch of balloons on their long stems kept jerking him into the air.
Recorded as Scarecrow

7:17 missing text - "Forward march! Forward march!" Wantowin Battles started off all by himself for the Ozpril.

8:20 missing text - "Oh, woe is we! Oh, woe is we!" gulped the Scarecrow, taking little runs and leaps into the air, hopeful that his balloons would lift him out of the danger zone as the threatening company drew closer.

Volume is 92.1dB

Chapter 11
Your yawn made me yawn. Lol

12:55 stumble - While Jellia, really touched by the messenger's loyalty, gave him one of her emerald rings, Wantowin Battles lifted Dorothy off the sofa and set her hastily on her feet.

Volume is 92.4dB

Chapter 12
3:49 missing text - "Nothing to worry about! Nothing to worry about!" panted the Wizard, keeping a firm hold on his flying stick and at the same time managing to extract a large envelope from the kit-bag.

10:10 stumble – "Wring me out! Hang me up to dry, somebody!" gurgled the straw man dismally.

Volume is 92.2dB
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 13
13:02 word change - Silently as Indians the Bearded Bowmen had crept up and entirely surrounded the little company on the green.
Recorded as street

Volume is 92.0dB
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hi Linette. You are a busy girl so Thanks for the PLs. Remember OZ is a magical fairy land and so everything is relaxed and has no deadline; we sleep a lot here. In any case I have fixed 9,10,11, 12 and 13, lowered the volume a bit and uploaded again. Image
linny

Post by linny »

9-13 are all spot check PL ok.

I like to PL on a first come first served bases. Just so happened you uploaded your story before anyone else so you get all of my PL time right now. :D
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 14
5:11 word change - Swinging round, the Wizard flung up both arms and not knowing whether to dash into the teeth of the monster in front of him, or risk the lowered horns of the huge beast behind him, the startled magician uttered the word that rendered him invisible.
Recorded as magic
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

linny wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 1:29 pm Chapter 14
5:11 word change - Swinging round, the Wizard flung up both arms and not knowing whether to dash into the teeth of the monster in front of him, or risk the lowered horns of the huge beast behind him, the startled magician uttered the word that rendered him invisible.
Recorded as magic
Chapter 14 fixed.
linny

Post by linny »

14 is spot check PL OK.

Chapter 15
8:24 missing word - He's coming for us now! Oh, Jellia, JELLIA—what shall we DO?" Dorothy's voice, rising almost to a shriek, roused the Cowardly Lion.

Volume is 92.2dB.

Chapter 16
PL OK - volume is 92.2dB

Chapter 17
1:35 missing words - "Make it twelve!" growled the Cowardly Lion, with a little bounce toward the maid. "I could eat six all by myself!"

"Yes Sirs! Yes Sirs!" quavered Greta, running off so fast she lost one of her red slippers.

Chapter 18
6:16 word change - Ozma being absent, Bettsy and Trot, the two little mortal girls who lived with Dorothy and the Supreme Ruler in the Emerald Palace, were in charge.
Recorded as Betty. In the next sentence it's recorded as Bettsy.

Chapter 19
7:04 stumble - Strut had the grace to blush, and as there was no good answer to Ozma's question, he looked haughtily over the heads of the company regarding him so accusingly.

Chapter 20 is PL OK.