COMPLETE Heriot's Choice by Rosa Nouchette Carey-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Just a heads up the naming of the files is incorrect in the first post of the thread. It should be

heriotschoice_01_nouchettecarey_128kb

Can the first post be changed to reflect this as the files that have been uploaded so far have the wrong title on them.

harrietschoice_01_nouchettecarey_128kb
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for Chapter 4
0:45 silence needs removing
1:29 a click in the file
7:52 repeat of China
8:26 repeat of the real frontage
9:44 a bang in the file
13:22 bang in the file
16:00 repeat of Mrs Sadler calls it
16:15 repeat of my little chriss
17:16 repeat of innovations
17:35 click in the file
19:59 sound of a door opening
22:02 repeat of what can you expect
23:08 repeat of irreverently
25:17 long pause needs shortening

It is always best to start from the end of the file so the time stamps remain correct as you are working through. If you need any help please let me know.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

czandra wrote: February 21st, 2021, 12:12 pm hi. I'll do chapters 14 and 19. Cz

Sure, have fun.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks, Michelle. I am not sure I know what to change in the first post. Very late here so I would either try or ask Devorah tomorrow.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

miss stav wrote: February 21st, 2021, 4:52 pm Thanks, Michelle. I am not sure I know what to change in the first post. Very late here so I would either try or ask Devorah tomorrow.
Yes no problem if I was able to I would change it for you but I don't have access. Devorah will be able to do it for you I think. Thanks
Michele
czandra

Post by czandra »

I've put heriot's choice as title on file, but had to restrain myself from pronouncing it "err-ee-o" which would be correct pronunciation. It looked like others have been using "harriet".

Comments? Will upload tomorrow.

Cz
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

What ever you feel comfortable with. There is a recording of Mansfield Park where even the name Maria is pronounced in two different and valad ways. It's fine for a listener, even includes verioty.
czandra

Post by czandra »

miss stav, you make me laff

czandra

Post by czandra »

czandra

Post by czandra »

wib66

Post by wib66 »

MW is updated and I will PL these shortly
Michele
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you both. zandra, would you like to continue with 16- 18?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks for pointing that out, Michele. I've fixed that in the first post. Let me know if you see another spot there where I missed it.

I will not change the links in the MW for the time being. When it comes time to catalogue this project, I can correct them all in one go, but for the moment, I prefer to leave them as they are. :)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

mightyfelix wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 9:03 pm Thanks for pointing that out, Michele. I've fixed that in the first post. Let me know if you see another spot there where I missed it.

I will not change the links in the MW for the time being. When it comes time to catalogue this project, I can correct them all in one go, but for the moment, I prefer to leave them as they are. :)
Thank Devorah that's great
Michele
czandra

Post by czandra »

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/heriotschoice_16_nouchettecary_128kb.mp3

I uploaded ch. 14 again by mistake, sorry! Here's 16.
33mins 18s I've put up the volume on recommendation from another project, and now there's some background noise. Please let me know if it's okay like this.

I'd like to select one later chapter then take a break for now. It's heavy slogging, but in the right mood, I'll be happy to do more. Will let you know which chapter I'd like for now, sometime before Friday.

Cz