linny

Post by linny »

Section 3 is PL OK. :thumbs:
linny

Post by linny »

I had a little time to PL for you.

Sections 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 16, and 33 are all PL OK

Section 12 ending states end of section 2

Section 13 Title: Article Signed "A Tory"- Nov 20, 1770. Read as Nov 26th. I did not look at the text to see which date is correct.

Section 22 volume is too high at 92.6dB. We aim for 89dB with an allowable range of 86-92dB.
linny

Post by linny »

Carisa,
Are you still with us?
Kaitybg7

Post by Kaitybg7 »

Hello! Could I possibly claim Chapters 6, 10-15, and 17-18?
linny

Post by linny »

Kaitybg7 wrote: February 9th, 2021, 6:38 am Hello! Could I possibly claim Chapters 6, 10-15, and 17-18?
That would be great. Thank you!
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi Linny,

I was looking around for another DPL project, and noticed that you had a "~" in the front of the title, and when I read the posts, I kind of got an idea what the situation is. In College, one of my majors was History with an emphasis of 1763-1789 Colonial American History. So, as you might imagine, this sounds intriguing to me. Would you like a hand?

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
MichelleHannah

Post by MichelleHannah »

I'll take sections 19-22.
linny

Post by linny »

Kalamareader wrote: February 14th, 2021, 4:25 pm Hi Linny,

I was looking around for another DPL project, and noticed that you had a "~" in the front of the title, and when I read the posts, I kind of got an idea what the situation is. In College, one of my majors was History with an emphasis of 1763-1789 Colonial American History. So, as you might imagine, this sounds intriguing to me. Would you like a hand?

Wayne
Wayne, That would be wonderful! Thank you :9:
linny

Post by linny »

MichelleHannah wrote: February 14th, 2021, 10:14 pm I'll take sections 19-22.
Lovely! I'll put you in.
Kaitybg7

Post by Kaitybg7 »

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Kaitybg7 wrote: February 16th, 2021, 7:28 am Section 6 (25:13)

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_06_adams_128kb.mp3
Katiy,

Thanks for adding to this project. I came across some things that you should look at. Some of the ones that I noted as "I heard" could just be me, and you did read it correctly, but if you could look at them and see.

At the beginning, you are just a little short on the 'half second' delay before the start. We just don't want anyone to miss out on your recording.

:48.5 after to 248. there is a loud 'click'.

2:13 and as there are specious things containd in it, specious is pronounced spē′shəs

3:47 This Province has sufferd so much by unjust, groundless & illegal Opinions of those officers of the Crown, that our Veneration or Reverence for their Opinions is much abated. There are two in this sentence. You said the in both cases.

5:12.5 We beg Leave to recite to your Honor what the Great Mr Locke has advancd in his Treatise of civil Government, upon the like Prerogative of the Crown. Treatise is pronounced trē′tĭs, At LV, we usually allow for 'regional' pronunciations, but in this case, as with the above one, I think that you should probably correct them.

5:56 For the Rulers, in such Attempts, exercising a Power the People never put into their Hands (who can never be supposd to consent that any Body should rule over them for their Harm) You said supported.

6:33 yet they have by a Law antecedent & paramount to all positive Laws of men, Antecedent is pronounced an-tuh-seed-nt

7:57 and the Use your Honor now makes of it as an Authority and a Precedent, I sounds like you said power.

8:06 Their Example, tho respectable, is not obligatory upon this House. You said reasonable

16:20 whenever you shall see Cause to remove us to our ancient and established Seat I hear clause

17:47.5 ordain and establish all Manner of wholesome and reasonable Orders, Laws, Statutes & Ordinances, I heard statues

18:31 There is a gap before the word 'puisne'. If you cut that gap a little shorter, it wouldn't sound like you were trying to figure out how to say it. It would flow a little more smoothly.

18:46 and if any person shall act contrary to the Kings pleasure made known therein, I heard make

20:26 The House think it is not, in the present Circumstances of the province, a proper time to do this Business, Left out this

21:42 This is not a correction but a comment. I have always heard the word ignominy pronounced ig-no-miny with the accent on the first syllable. As always when I hear a word pronounced differently than I am used to, I look it up, seeing if there are variations with which I am not familiar. I did it with this word, and found that your pronunciation is an alternative. So, thank you for educating me.

22:13 Courts of Admiralty extended from the high Seas, Admiralty is pronounced Admiral-tee. That is the British version of the Department of the Navy.

22:19 to numberless important Causes upon Land I heard clauses

23:38.5 The present year the Assembly is summond to meet, You said was

And since you are in here already, could you lengthen out then ending to a full five seconds?

I enjoyed listening, and am looking forward to listening to it again.

Wayne

Oh, and sorry about the delay PLing this, I was out of town for a couple of days.
Wayne
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

I’d like to claim section 37, please.
MichelleHannah

Post by MichelleHannah »

Here are sections 19, 21, & 22. Latin is not an accomplishment of mine, though I hope I at least got close with the few sayings included.

Section 19 - (12:27)
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_19_adams_128kb.mp3
Section 21 - (4:41)
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_21_adams_128kb.mp3
Section 22 - (3:14)
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_22_adams_128kb.mp3

Also I'm going to have to withdraw from section 20 as it has more language than I'm comfortable reading. I apologize for not doing a better job of looking through it before volunteering.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

MichelleHannah wrote: February 19th, 2021, 3:00 pm Here are sections 19, 21, & 22. Latin is not an accomplishment of mine, though I hope I at least got close with the few sayings included.

Section 19 - (12:27)
Section 21 - (4:41)
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_21_adams_128kb.mp3
Section 22 - (3:14)

Also I'm going to have to withdraw from section 20 as it has more language than I'm comfortable reading. I apologize for not doing a better job of looking through it before volunteering.
Michelle,

Thanks you for your good work on these sections! I really enjoy listening to you. You have a very pleasant voice and read well.

There are a very few things you will need to look at:

Section 19

6:16 in indulgence to the human passions I heard indolence

7:00 There are two remaining yet in gaol gaol is the old spelling of jail, and is pronounced the same.

7:09 it was sworn that about a week You said upon

Section 21 PLOK :thumbs:

Section 22

:24.5 There is a very long gap. It appears you were trying to figure out what MS stood for. It stands for Manuscript which seems to be in the British Museum. I would say, I think, Manuscript.

2:10 this Country will approve her self, You say prove

Keep up the good work. And as far as Section 20, let me cut and paste what a Admin here said to me when I apologized for my French (or lack of it) in a recording I am now doing: "Well, haven't we all butchered some foreign language words in LV in our time... :? :lol: :lol:"

Keep up the good work, and I am looking forward to hearing more from you. :)

Wayne
Wayne
MichelleHannah

Post by MichelleHannah »

Kalamareader wrote: February 19th, 2021, 8:09 pm
Michelle,

Thanks you for your good work on these sections! I really enjoy listening to you. You have a very pleasant voice and read well.

There are a very few things you will need to look at:

Section 19

6:16 in indulgence to the human passions I heard indolence

7:00 There are two remaining yet in gaol gaol is the old spelling of jail, and is pronounced the same.

7:09 it was sworn that about a week You said upon

Section 21 PLOK :thumbs:

Section 22

:24.5 There is a very long gap. It appears you were trying to figure out what MS stood for. It stands for Manuscript which seems to be in the British Museum. I would say, I think, Manuscript.

2:10 this Country will approve her self, You say prove

Keep up the good work. And as far as Section 20, let me cut and paste what a Admin here said to me when I apologized for my French (or lack of it) in a recording I am now doing: "Well, haven't we all butchered some foreign language words in LV in our time... :? :lol: :lol:"

Keep up the good work, and I am looking forward to hearing more from you. :)

Wayne
Wayne,
Thank you for all the helpful tips escpecially MS and Goal. I added them to the things I learned from these sections along with some others that google provide help with. I have uploaded the 2 sections again with all the above fixes.

The Latin phrases were a little daunting and I'm sure I royally butchered them in the 3 sections I did, but my problem with section 20 is the misuse of the Lord's name as Adam describes what the soldiers were saying in paragraph 5. I'll admit it suprised me that it was printed in that time, though maybe it shouldn't have as I cannot claim a lot of previous knowledge about Samuel Adams or the time in which he lived. Which was why I wanted to read some of these sections. All that to say, I'm not going to be able to read section 20.