New kid on the block

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
mynameisChad

Post by mynameisChad »

Hey all! Been wanting to join this community for a while now and finally signed up. Hoping to practice my storytelling and read books I wouldn't normally read. Wanting to work on my pacing, voice inflection and maybe character voices. I use to read fairy tales to my roommates way back when and it was always really fun.

Looking forward to getting started!

~Chad
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Hello and welcome. I'm sorry that it's taken so long to answer your note; it's too easy to get too involved in the recording to look through the other parts of the forum. You should have received details of how to make your test recording (not an audition, just a check of the parameters ... volume, bit rate and so on). Then one or two shorrt recordings (in the "Short Works" part of the forum, usually) to get a feel for our system, and your voice will be heard around the world!

I do hope that you'll enjoy yourself.
Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

mynameisChad wrote: January 11th, 2021, 10:53 am Hey all! Been wanting to join this community for a while now and finally signed up. Hoping to practice my storytelling and read books I wouldn't normally read. Wanting to work on my pacing, voice inflection and maybe character voices. I use to read fairy tales to my roommates way back when and it was always really fun.

Looking forward to getting started!

~Chad
Hi Chad! 😎
Stay enthusiastic and I'm sure there are tons of ways to improve your skills and knowledge here.
I wish you success and all the best!
Your 1-minute test is still waiting for you! 🎤
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄