how and where to upload

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
czandra

Post by czandra »

Have 2 recordings to upload, mp3. Where do I put them and how upload?
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
linny

Post by linny »

You need to find the thread for the project you recorded for. Then near the bottom of the first post will be instructions with a link for uploading.

Since this is your first post here at LV I'm assuming (hoping) the recordings are your preliminary test. They need to be posted in Listeners Wanted. viewforum.php?f=21

The instructions are found here in "Upload your file and get feedback". https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hi
Welcome - but just slow down a bit . You need to see how the site works, many projects are talked about in the forums but the only ones that want readers are those in the readers wanted forums - everything else is suggestions, solos that are being read by the person making the first post or a new project that is not yet ready for readers.
It is a bit confusing at first and we were all new but you need to take about 1 minute of one of your recordings and use it as your 1 minute test so you can get your settings right, then chose a project that is in the readers wanted and claim it , then record it, it is safer to wait for your claim to be accepted just to be sure someone else hasn't claimed it

Anne
czandra

Post by czandra »

thanks for the assistance. I found the projects I recorded on readers wanted threads, so thought they were available. No problem. I will record a one minute test (using mono!). Glad to see so much activity here. Would be nice to have a map with spots on it for where everyone is.

Still, if Rapunzelina wants help with Tormenting, I'm happy to oblige.
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind if I ever need help tormenting someone :mrgreen:

(I know you're referring to the book, but it just sounds so funny out of context :lol: :lol:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

czandra wrote: February 15th, 2021, 5:49 am thanks for the assistance. I found the projects I recorded on readers wanted threads, so thought they were available. No problem. I will record a one minute test (using mono!). Glad to see so much activity here. Would be nice to have a map with spots on it for where everyone is.

Still, if Rapunzelina wants help with Tormenting, I'm happy to oblige.
They probably are available. But it's important to post in the project thread before you start recording, so that the book coordinator knows who is working on what. :)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a map, but it sounds intriguing! If you're just curious to know which parts of the forum people are checking out at any given time, you can click on the link near the bottom that says "Who is online."
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The "Tormenting" project you found was in the Launch Pad (posted as a solo), not in the Readers Wanted forums. :)

Go to the board index: index.php The forums that start with "Readers Wanted" are the ones with projects looking for readers.

(Granted, the Weekly and Fortnightly Poetry Suggestions thread IS in "Readers Wanted". But there are some special threads in each of the forums, stuck to the top of the thread list, which give instructions or are for suggestions, etc. and aren't actual projects.)

Always read the first post in the thread. That will give you instructions on where to find the text, how to claim a section, what wording to use in the intro, where to upload the file when completed, etc.

And if you can't find the information, post in the thread and ask. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart