'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Bernard (Bernard) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
book title: Le père Goriot
reader: Bernard

Cher Monsieur Bernard,
je voudrais vous remercier chaleureusement pour votre excellente version de ce classique de Balzac. Votre voix agréable et claire, votre expressivité raffinée et votre compréhension profonde du texte donnent au lecteur un vif portrait des personnages et des circonstances en nous rappelant à quel point la nature humaine change peu d'un siècle à l'autre.
Je viens d'écouter votre lecture du premier long discours de Vautrin à Eugène - je ne peux imaginer une meilleure façon de le lire: calme, glacial, cynique. Bravo!
Bien que j'aie étudié ce roman il y a plus de cinquante ans au lycée, chaque nouveau chapitre que vous me lisez me surprend et me fait attendre le prochain avec enthousiasme.
En ces jours de Netflix et d'addiction à l'image, vous nous rappelez tous le pouvoir d'une voix humaine lisant les paroles d'un grand auteur.
Vous n'avez aucune idée de la valeur de votre travail, surtout en ces temps difficiles d'isolement forcé.
Merci encore,
Eloisa
de Buenos Aires
Argentine

All of Bernard's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just finished bat wing, you have a great voice with a lot of character....thank you, Roger
and...
Dear Mr. Nelson,

I have listened to hundreds of librivox stories over the last eight or nine years and there are many, many readers. I will not speak negatively about any of them. After all, they all volunteer their own time to supply me with entertainment and I am very thankful for that. But I will sing the praise of readers who stand out. So, I would just like to say that you, sir, are the absolute best of all librivox readers. When I start listening to a librivox story, I am always thankful to hear your voice. I know the entire story from beginning to end, no matter how long it is, will be read with professionalism and will not have even the slightest hitch, hesitation or mistake. Every story you read is perfect. And they never sound edited. A three-hour-long story you read sounds as if it were recorded in one sitting. And it never sounds as if you are just reading the story. It always sounds like you are telling the story. There is a definite difference. So, if you are not already, I hope you will one day making a comfortable living with your voice.

Thanks again,

Tom
and...
Thank you Mr. Nelson. I have just finished listening to the First Lensman and enjoyed your reading of it very much.
I appreciate the substantial time spent and the care you gave in making this recording. It was very well done, very professional.

Thanks again,
H.
All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for eggs4ears (Phil Benson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I wanted to say thank you to Phil Benson for choosing to read the book by CW Leadbeater, The Astral Plane.

I have listened to this book several times and it has helped me immensely. You read beautifully and make the information readily understandable. Thank you so much taking the time give this knowledge to the world in this form. Are you planning to read any other of his books, by any chance?

I am sending good thoughts and wishes your way.

Teresa

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for opheliad (Ophelia Darcy) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I am currently listening to Seven Little Australians and absolutely loving how you read to me! The way you alter your voice just a little bit to signify the different characters, instead of putting on voluminous characters (which I find distracting) is JUST RIGHT! I hear the difference and feel your take on their personalities.

I listen to good books in order to fall asleep, as I can not take sleeping pills. Your reading is just the right combination of interesting and soothing to keep my mind locked on the story until I sink into sleep. And your voice is just calm enough, that when I wake during the night, I can half listen and fall back to sleep instead of focusing on my problems and just waking up more. THANK YOU!!!

My only problem now is that I fall asleep as you are telling about Meg and her difficulties with boys, but I wake up about 6 hours later to the part where Judy (?) saves The General and is dying. And you read it SO WELL, that I just have to cry! Not a good start to the day, although crying is also catharsis. So.... I will listen to that book during the daytime, and am so pleased to see that you have read many more! Some of which I will download now and listen to on my pillow (ear buds lay on the pillow under my ear, so I don't bother hubby with "my noise" - he's a sweetheart and deserves the sleep).

I wish there were some way I could get an e-mail when you add another book to your collection on librivox! Please tell them to make that an option?

Time to get downloading and to bed!

Thank you again from a Norwegian who needs sleep and loves that you can tell me lovely bedtime stories!

Marianne
(who, by the way, went to Manly Girls' High School in Sydney for 3 years!)

All of Ophelia's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LibraryLady (Annie Coleman Rothenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello Annie,

I appreciate you so very much, in putting your talents to use with the LibriVox Public Domain readings!

I have truly enjoyed many of your works and was so happy to find you!

Thank you for all of the pure enjoyment!

Gwen

All of Annie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for momof3Chihuahuas (Joy Easton) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello Joy!

I so enjoyed your reading in Cloudy Jewel by Grace Livingston Hill!

You have a unique, down to earth voice that allows one to sit back, relax, and listen!

I plan to look for other books you have read.

Thank you!!

Gwen

All of Joy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for maxfarce (Don W. Jenkins) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just stumbled upon Librivox, and heard the Yellow Handkerchief that you read. I enjoyed it so much that I've followed up by listening to the other six sections. I love the stories. You read them so well - without unnecessary 'histrionics' with which some good stories are spoiled, with understanding of London's various character's turns of phrases, and a nice pace. Read on. I'll be looking forward to listening to more of Librivox's stories.

Jeff, Etobiocke (Toronto) Ontario.

All of Don's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for lennich (lennich) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
My thanks to Len Nicholson for a very fine rendering of this great book. As a Scot, and someone who spent 10 years in Ayrshire, it was a special delight.

Thank you.

Leo
All of lennich's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kthychrls (Kathy Wright) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello Kathy,

I really wanted to say thank-you to you for reading some books and was delighted to discover that librivox provides a way to do this.

I’ve tried quite a few different books already, but you are the best reader, and have done it so well. – Clear reading, lovely expression and voice, good quality audio, perfect audio levels, low background noise, etc..

(Let me know if you’d like any suggestions for other books!)

Thanks again for your time...

Regards,
Phil

(Oxford, UK).

All of Kathy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you, thank you, Mil Nicolson, for your delightful rendering of Little Dorrit - and many other of Dickens’ works.

Sandra in Idaho
and...
Re: The Old Curiosity Shop.
Thanks to Mil Nicholson
Beautifully read. Amazing ‘acting.’
Spellbinding.
and...
I have listened to Nicholas Nickleby and Dombey and Son on my walks in Northeast Louisiana; you are a fabulous reader and improve my reading of Dickens. Thank you!

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Piotrek81 (Piotr Nater) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/12-creepy-tales-by-edgar-allan-poe/

I wish to send a hearty thanks and note of appreciation to the reading by Piotr Nater of “The Raven,” in the _12 Creepy Tales_ volume by Edgar Allan Poe. It is hard to read a writing so well that one ranks up there close to Vincent Price, but Piotr’s reading of this poem added some nuances that made it as creepy as ever, and a thoroughly enjoyable listening experience.

Also, a thanks to the whole Librivox team for making this project happen – what a sweet gift to the world!

Dee

All of Piotr's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for PSHarvey106 (Paul Harvey) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for reading Pol Anderson! I have been enjoying your readings very much!

All of Paul's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for David Richardson (David Richardson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I love your reading of Frank Kafka’s Metamorphosis . Thank you for sharing your talent!

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bedwere (bedwere) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Guillaume Bedwero salutem plurimam dicit.
gratias ago tibi, carissime Bedwere, pro libris latinis quos tam jucunde recitavisti. Iam audivi mirabilem librum De imitatione Christi. Nunc librum De civitate Dei audio et cras incipiam audire librum graecum cuius titulus est Anabasis. Labor tuus mihi valde fructuosus est, quia libros simul legere et audire valde me juvat ad eos intellegendos.
Vale

All of bedwere's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for fbtoast (Nicole Lee) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
A big thank you to Nicole Lee for undertaking another year of Pepys' diary! I can't wait to start listening. I appreciate Nicole's sacrifice of her time and all of her efforts to bring his voice, thoughts and actions to life (dastardly as he can be, sometimes!)

Sue from Canada.

All of Nicole's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!