Friends readings

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
sophia88

Post by sophia88 »

Hello,
we are a couple of friends that would like to do some readings and make it available on Librivox. We don't know yet what we would like to read, but we know it will be a book from the public domain of course, and most probabily in Italian.
I read from some postings in the Forum that we need to open a project that is coordinated by a Book Coordinator (BC). Is there anyone willing to coordinate a project? or should we do that by ourselves?

Any suggestion is welcome :)

Cheers,

Sophia
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Sophia,

One of you would be the BC for a project of this type. All your friends should register for their own account if they aren't already registered. To get a better idea of what is involved in coordinating a project and decide if you are ready to coordinate a project, here are a couple of links that may help.

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=How_To_Become_A_Book_Coordinator

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=BC_Readiness_Quiz
Jo
sophia88

Post by sophia88 »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: February 6th, 2021, 4:13 pm Hi Sophia,

One of you would be the BC for a project of this type. All your friends should register for their own account if they aren't already registered. To get a better idea of what is involved in coordinating a project and decide if you are ready to coordinate a project, here are a couple of links that may help.

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=How_To_Become_A_Book_Coordinator

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=BC_Readiness_Quiz

Thank you knotyouraveragejo for answering. I read that some experience with Librivox is needed to become a BC. I am only doing a couple of recordings, and I am not sure I am prepared enough to be a BC. In this case, do you think it's possible to have an experienced BC to help me in this, and how can I ask for one?

Thank you for your help :)

Sophia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

It's true that experience is important for a BC, but more so for a BC of an open group project, one that is available for any and every reader. In that case, there are all kinds of problems and issues that could arise with potential volunteers that a BC would need to help with.

In this case, if I understand correctly, you're proposing a closed group project, one that would be worked on by you and a small number of volunteers that you know. In this case, you have less potential for unusual situations to arise. It is still an important and somewhat involved task, but one that should be doable, perhaps with a little help from your MC (whoever that ends up being).
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Maybe let us know a few more details about the idea and we can help more,
Is it going to be in Italian ?
What sort of book were you planning to read ? Poetry, short stories, etc.
Will they each be using their own recording setup ?

It would be great to do but as you have found out, there are a few hurdles to jump before a new reader can get started :D . And it is possible you may finish up reading it all yourself - it has happened before :( :(

Anne
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

sophia88 wrote: February 6th, 2021, 3:01 pm Hello,
we are a couple of friends that would like to do some readings and make it available on Librivox. We don't know yet what we would like to read, but we know it will be a book from the public domain of course, and most probabily in Italian.
I read from some postings in the Forum that we need to open a project that is coordinated by a Book Coordinator (BC). Is there anyone willing to coordinate a project? or should we do that by ourselves?

Any suggestion is welcome :)

Cheers,

Sophia
Hi,
I recently started being BC in a few Italian project. I too think you can do it yourself, perhaps after some more experience in LVX participating to some existing projects.
The projects in Italian I am following now are with all the sections already assigned, but I am thinking to launch some new project soon: Keep en eye on the Italian thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9034, where I will announce the projects.
Anyway if you need some suggestion about how to act as BC please ask me any information you like, In English or in Italian, as you prefer. I will be glad to give you a small contribution on the basis of my recent experiences.
Pier