[COMPLETE] Out of the Closet: A Collection of Early LGBTQ+ Fiction-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

devantatlow wrote: February 5th, 2021, 8:53 am Hey everyone! Could I claim both sections of aquae multae non? FYI I probably won't be able to record them until mid-March. I hope that's ok but if it isn't, just let me know.
Since the standard turnaround time for LV recordings is two months, I think this should be fine. I'm also happy to give you extra time if needed. I'll reach out at around mid-March to check in on your status. For now though, I'll go ahead and give you those two sections. Thanks again for helping us out! You actually picked one of the rarest stories from the collection. :D
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Claiming a section for myself.
Last edited by ChuckW on February 26th, 2021, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
devantatlow

Post by devantatlow »

ChuckW wrote: February 5th, 2021, 10:06 am
devantatlow wrote: February 5th, 2021, 8:53 am Hey everyone! Could I claim both sections of aquae multae non? FYI I probably won't be able to record them until mid-March. I hope that's ok but if it isn't, just let me know.
Since the standard turnaround time for LV recordings is two months, I think this should be fine. I'm also happy to give you extra time if needed. I'll reach out at around mid-March to check in on your status. For now though, I'll go ahead and give you those two sections. Thanks again for helping us out! You actually picked one of the rarest stories from the collection. :D
Thanks so much for being understanding! I'll try to get it to you as soon as I can, but February is quite a busy month for me. I am excited to read this story and got an idea of how rare it is by the fact that when I googled the story, this LV project was the second result. Any idea why the story is so rare?
WendyKatzHiller

Post by WendyKatzHiller »

I can't figure out how to print a copy of "My Visitation", sections 10 and 11. It's from babel.haithatrust.org. I'm sure it's something simple; I can read it on the computer, but I don't seem able to download the actual text. Ideas? Thanks, Wendy
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

ChuckW wrote: February 5th, 2021, 10:09 am Also, an update on my own section: I recorded "The Priest and the Acolyte" last night and can confirm... I'm not a huge fan of this story... but the collection would feel less-than-complete without it, so its included with the rest of the4se. Since I'm doing my own DPL duties for this collection, I'll PL this one after I'm done editing it. Shouldn't be a huge burden now that I've downloaded Checker.
If there's a requirement that someone else, other than the reader, listen to a recording, I'll PL this one for you.

Don
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

re printing story.
They aren't as reader-friendly as PG - you can often download a pdf - but it may be quite large (I don't know how much it gives you - it is probably the whole magazine.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

DACSoft wrote: February 5th, 2021, 2:39 pm
ChuckW wrote: February 5th, 2021, 10:09 am , I'll PL this one after I'm done editing it. Shouldn't be a huge burden now that I've downloaded Checker.
If there's a requirement that someone else, other than the reader, listen to a recording, I'll PL this one for you.

Don
Thanks, Don - there is. We need 2 sets of ears to listen before we catalogue :D

Anne
WendyKatzHiller

Post by WendyKatzHiller »

I was able to print it. Thanks.
PinewoodMists

Post by PinewoodMists »

Hi @ChuckW, can I claim section 21: My Lorelei please?

Many thanks,

Lyra
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

devantatlow wrote: February 5th, 2021, 2:13 pm
ChuckW wrote: February 5th, 2021, 10:06 am
Thanks so much for being understanding! I'll try to get it to you as soon as I can, but February is quite a busy month for me. I am excited to read this story and got an idea of how rare it is by the fact that when I googled the story, this LV project was the second result. Any idea why the story is so rare?
I’m not sure, exactly. I presume it’s the victim of low print runs, but so was Stevenson’s The Intersexes and it’s freely available on HathiTrust. I’m honestly surprised I was able to find a PDF scan anywhere!

Looking forward to hearing your version of this story. And no rush—please take your time with this one. We’re not going anywhere.
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

DACSoft wrote: February 5th, 2021, 2:39 pm
ChuckW wrote: February 5th, 2021, 10:09 am Also, an update on my own section: I recorded "The Priest and the Acolyte" last night and can confirm... I'm not a huge fan of this story... but the collection would feel less-than-complete without it, so its included with the rest of the4se. Since I'm doing my own DPL duties for this collection, I'll PL this one after I'm done editing it. Shouldn't be a huge burden now that I've downloaded Checker.

Don
Oooof. Thank you Don. I really, really appreciate it.
WendyKatzHiller wrote: February 5th, 2021, 4:26 pm I was able to print it. Thanks.
Yeah, saving or printing out PDFs on HathiTrust can be a little challenging, especially if you don’t have university access. If you need any help, please let me know. I have full access and can pretty much do whatever.
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PinewoodMists wrote: February 6th, 2021, 4:28 am Hi @ChuckW, can I claim section 21: My Lorelei please?

Many thanks,

Lyra
That would be wonderful! Thanks Lyra!
PROJECTS
VachaT

Post by VachaT »

ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

VachaT wrote: February 6th, 2021, 10:14 pm Twin-Love (Section 6)
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_06_various_128kb.mp3
38:24
Awesome! Thank you so much! I'll give this a listen later tonight.
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

VachaT wrote: February 6th, 2021, 10:14 pm Twin-Love (Section 6)
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_06_various_128kb.mp3
38:24
PL OK. Great job!
PROJECTS