Complete - [CHILDREN'S FICTION/RELIGION] Helen Lester by Pansy-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

BinduveGG1 wrote: January 9th, 2021, 4:49 pm Hello,
I would like to read Chapter 12 Eddie's Goodnight. Please assign. Thanks
Thank you for your claim, BinduveGG1!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
amshanahan

Post by amshanahan »

Hi!
I would like to claim section 4, A Happy Day if it is still available.
Many thanks!

Amy
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

amshanahan wrote: January 13th, 2021, 2:31 pm Hi!
I would like to claim section 4, A Happy Day if it is still available.
Many thanks!

Amy
Welcome to LibriVox, Amy! Thanks so much for getting any bugs worked out of your recording set-up with the 1-minute-test before claiming. I now have you added to the reader database and your first chapter reserved! Just ask if you have any questions along the way... and enjoy!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Chapters 2, 7, and 15 are orphaned. :(
~ Hannah
amshanahan

Post by amshanahan »

Hi! I uploaded Chapter 4 A Happy Day. It is 11 minutes and 4 seconds. Here is the link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/Librivox_Helen_Lester_Ch_4.mp3

Amy
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

amshanahan wrote: January 29th, 2021, 3:04 pm Hi! I uploaded Chapter 4 A Happy Day. It is 11 minutes and 4 seconds. Here is the link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/Librivox_Helen_Lester_Ch_4.mp3

Amy
Thank you, Amy! I have posted this for our DPL to check. But as I was doing that, I noticed that the file name needs to be adjusted to fit the format of: helenlester_##_pansy_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. helenlester_01_pansy_128kb.mp3)

For this chapter, please rename your file: helenlester_04_pansy_128kb (I don't think you should need to add the .mp3 again since it already carries that extension.) Then please re-upload your file with the new name and post in this thread again. Thanks!
~ Hannah
amshanahan

Post by amshanahan »

Hi!
I am trying to re-upload chapter 4 with the correct name, and I keep getting this error message:
SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data
Do you know what this means?
Thanks!

Amy
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

amshanahan wrote: January 30th, 2021, 12:10 pm Hi!
I am trying to re-upload chapter 4 with the correct name, and I keep getting this error message:
SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data
Do you know what this means?
Thanks!

Amy
Wow, that's Greek to me. Sorry!

When I search this error message online, I can't understand the responses. But I wonder if it may have something to do with the server. Since uploading worked for you before, I would try restart your computer and try again (though you may have already done that...)

One more thought, if you haven't tried it yet, is running your file through the Checker app to make sure it doesn't catch any issues. If you don't have the app yet, you can learn more here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker

Please let us know if it still won't upload for you.
~ Hannah
amshanahan

Post by amshanahan »

Hi again!
I re-uploaded Chapter 4 and got it to work :-). Here is the link! https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/helenlester_04_pansy_128kb.mp3
Thanks!

Amy
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

amshanahan wrote: January 30th, 2021, 1:48 pm Hi again!
I re-uploaded Chapter 4 and got it to work :-). Here is the link! https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/helenlester_04_pansy_128kb.mp3
Thanks!

Amy
I'm glad it worked for you! Thanks, Amy!
~ Hannah
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Hi, Amy,

Sorry I missed this; I've been having trouble receiving Librivox notifications lately, so I'm so glad Hannah brought it to my attention. This was a beautifully-recorded chapter. Just a few notes:

* The chapter is sounding a bit soft to me. One way to fix this: If you use Audacity, go to the Effect menu, choose Amplify, and when prompted to enter a number, write something between 9.5 and 10.8.
* At about 00:24, right after you say "Chapter 4", please read the chapter title, "A Happy Day."
* 11:04: Please include five seconds of silence at the very end of your recording.

Other than that, you're good to go! Let me know if there's anything we can do to help.

Joyfully,

Bethesda Lily
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Section 14 is orphaned and available again for claims.
~ Hannah
amshanahan

Post by amshanahan »

bethesdalily wrote: February 2nd, 2021, 7:22 am Hi, Amy,

Sorry I missed this; I've been having trouble receiving Librivox notifications lately, so I'm so glad Hannah brought it to my attention. This was a beautifully-recorded chapter. Just a few notes:

* The chapter is sounding a bit soft to me. One way to fix this: If you use Audacity, go to the Effect menu, choose Amplify, and when prompted to enter a number, write something between 9.5 and 10.8.
* At about 00:24, right after you say "Chapter 4", please read the chapter title, "A Happy Day."
* 11:04: Please include five seconds of silence at the very end of your recording.

Other than that, you're good to go! Let me know if there's anything we can do to help.

Joyfully,

Bethesda Lily
Hi! Thanks for the feedback! I will not be able to make the changes for a few weeks, but I don't want you to think I've abandoned my chapter :-) Thanks again!

Amy
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

amshanahan wrote: February 5th, 2021, 10:23 am Hi! Thanks for the feedback! I will not be able to make the changes for a few weeks, but I don't want you to think I've abandoned my chapter :-) Thanks again!

Amy
That is good to know. Thanks, Amy!
~ Hannah
NancyHalper

Post by NancyHalper »

Could I have chapter 2 "Brother Cleveland"?
Nancy