A brief introduction

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
AliDuvall09

Post by AliDuvall09 »

Greetings to all,

I just wish to introduce myself here as a new member. My name is Alastair (Ali works for me and most), I hail from Manchester UK. I have been living in Asia for a decade, the largest part of which has been here in Hanoi, Vietnam, where I still reside. I work here as an English teacher for University graduates and young adults. I am 47 years of age.

Im a keen photographer and enjoy all arts. Literature has been a passion held for decades and perhaps the underlying reason I ended up here of course. I am looking to recored, and proof listen if I can atttain the materials. Bookshops are plentyful in Hanoi, but books in English , sadly are not.

Ok I did say brief, so, wish you all well and nice to be here. Many thanks to the Libivox team for being super quick and helpful with my account set up. Happy reading (and listening) folks.

Ali
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Ali!

Welcome to LibriVox!

Before you start, you'll need to complete a 1-Minute Test. It's not an audition, just a short recording to check that your technical settings are accurate. You'll find information on how to do so in the Wiki. Then find a project you're interested in and jump in! I'd recommend claiming sections on a smaller scale at first and then once you get a taste for how it works, you can go bigger, depending on your schedule. :wink:

We're a friendly community, so please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

AliDuvall09 wrote: ↑February 2nd, 2021, 8:15 pm Greetings to all,

I just wish to introduce myself here as a new member. My name is Alastair (Ali works for me and most), I hail from Manchester UK. I have been living in Asia for a decade, the largest part of which has been here in Hanoi, Vietnam, where I still reside. I work here as an English teacher for University graduates and young adults. I am 47 years of age.

Im a keen photographer and enjoy all arts. Literature has been a passion held for decades and perhaps the underlying reason I ended up here of course. I am looking to recored, and proof listen if I can atttain the materials. Bookshops are plentyful in Hanoi, but books in English , sadly are not.

Ok I did say brief, so, wish you all well and nice to be here. Many thanks to the Libivox team for being super quick and helpful with my account set up. Happy reading (and listening) folks.

Ali
Hulloa! 🌏

To tell the truth, to prooflisten here is interesting and not difficult indeed. And all the texts you`ll need for that you`ll find right on this site, so you don`t have to visit any bookshops!
Personally, I myself am starting to PL now, with pleasure. By the way, for this you do not need to pass any test with audio recording, it is enough to read the corresponding sections on this forum. Over time, I think to get to my own audio recordings.
Thank you for joining!

Cheers 🌌
Alexander ❀ HandmadePSK ❀ About me β—€β—€β—€ (readable)
πŸ¦‹ Aspire to inspire before we expire! πŸ¦„