COMPLETE [DR] Little Men by Louisa May Alcott - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Thank you very much Michelle, Ashleigh, and Campbell. I’ll get the Magic Window updated this afternoon.
Also, thanks for the heads up about the error in the script. I might have to let Lynette know.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Just realized that Ashleigh had already gotten the new uploads into the MW (thank you!)
I've corrected the error in the script and as Lynette hasn't done chapter 9 yet it should be fine. :wink:
Thank you for the quick uploads Michelle!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

I went through all the characters in the MW that are marked See PL Notes and either PMed readers about them (if they're still active on the forums) or marked it as something I need to record the lines for.
The reader for Jack Ford, Navin, has not been active since September. I don't think I should try to match his voice (all the other characters I'm recording lines for are female so it works okay but obviously this won't work too well for Jack.)
Should I try to advertise for a male reader just to read those two missing lines? I'm not sure what to do... reminder of why PLing should be done quickly. :/

ETA: I'm going to try to get Elijah to read the lines. His voice is the closest match I can think of.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

JayKitty76 wrote: February 1st, 2021, 5:50 pm I went through all the characters in the MW that are marked See PL Notes and either PMed readers about them (if they're still active on the forums) or marked it as something I need to record the lines for.
The reader for Jack Ford, Navin, has not been active since September. I don't think I should try to match his voice (all the other characters I'm recording lines for are female so it works okay but obviously this won't work too well for Jack.)
Should I try to advertise for a male reader just to read those two missing lines? I'm not sure what to do... reminder of why PLing should be done quickly. :/

ETA: I'm going to try to get Elijah to read the lines. His voice is the closest match I can think of.
I may have read this wrong, but it looks like the two PL Notes chapters just had to do with missing 'All' lines. Obviously it would have been ideal if he had recorded them, but since he's not active, I'm wondering if you think it would be ok to just omit him from those lines. Not trying to intrude on your decision making, but just giving another option :D.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: February 1st, 2021, 6:05 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: February 1st, 2021, 5:50 pm I went through all the characters in the MW that are marked See PL Notes and either PMed readers about them (if they're still active on the forums) or marked it as something I need to record the lines for.

I may have read this wrong, but it looks like the two PL Notes chapters just had to do with missing 'All' lines. Obviously it would have been ideal if he had recorded them, but since he's not active, I'm wondering if you think it would be ok to just omit him from those lines. Not trying to intrude on your decision making, but just giving another option :D.
Oh, goodness, thank you, Campbell. I didn’t even see that. :oops: Ugh, I’m sorry. No, those lines aren’t a necessity, in that case; I think I’ll still try to get Elijah to do it though.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

JayKitty76 wrote: February 1st, 2021, 6:21 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: February 1st, 2021, 6:05 pm

Oh, goodness, thank you, Campbell. I didn’t even see that. :oops: Ugh, I’m sorry. No, those lines aren’t a necessity, in that case; I think I’ll still try to get Elijah to do it though.
:thumbs:
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Hi - so sorry I didn't see this note till today! I've been busy creating intentionally bad audios for a transcription company (it's part of their tests for applicants!). Will work on it this afternoon and post the revised version ASAP.

Quick question, PL notes say there's something in Ch 8* as well as Ch 20, but because I'm struggling with time, could someone please repost that here for me? I do have the note for Ch. 20.

*(Is it: 8 - 00:55 "The children of Holland take pleasure in making,
What the children of Boston take pleasure in breaking." making is said in the second line instead of breaking)?

Thanks! 8-)
ashleighjane wrote: November 29th, 2020, 6:11 pm PL Notes for Jo Bhaer

10 - 19 are pl ok

20 - 5:53 'till they would thank them to...' should be 'till he would thank them to...'

Chapter 21 is not on the server.
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

stoogeswoman wrote: February 2nd, 2021, 12:31 pm Hi - so sorry I didn't see this note till today! I've been busy creating intentionally bad audios for a transcription company (it's part of their tests for applicants!). Will work on it this afternoon and post the revised version ASAP.

Quick question, PL notes say there's something in Ch 8* as well as Ch 20, but because I'm struggling with time, could someone please repost that here for me? I do have the note for Ch. 20.

*(Is it: 8 - 00:55 "The children of Holland take pleasure in making,
What the children of Boston take pleasure in breaking." making is said in the second line instead of breaking)?

Thanks! 8-)
ashleighjane wrote: November 29th, 2020, 6:11 pm PL Notes for Jo Bhaer

10 - 19 are pl ok

20 - 5:53 'till they would thank them to...' should be 'till he would thank them to...'

Chapter 21 is not on the server.
Yes chapter 8 is the line you mentioned. Glad you found it because i didnt know where it was lol. I don't usually flag minor word changes but i flagged that one since it changed the meaning of the text
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Great, then they're both done! Thanks for your patience! 8-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/littlemen_jobhaer_08_128kb.mp3 3 min 2.741 sec / 2.86 KB
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/littlemen_jobhaer_20_128kb.mp3 14 min 16.444 sec / 13.38 KB
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

stoogeswoman wrote: February 2nd, 2021, 1:08 pm Great, then they're both done! Thanks for your patience! 8-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/littlemen_jobhaer_08_128kb.mp3 3 min 2.741 sec / 2.86 KB
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/littlemen_jobhaer_20_128kb.mp3 14 min 16.444 sec / 13.38 KB
These are now PL OK :D
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Thank you Christine and Ashleigh!
Christine, you’re all PL OK! Thanks so much for contributing to this project! I hope to work with you on another project sometime. :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

JayKitty76 wrote: February 2nd, 2021, 1:28 pm Thank you Christine and Ashleigh!
Christine, you’re all PL OK! Thanks so much for contributing to this project! I hope to work with you on another project sometime. :wink:
You're welcome! Yes, I need to get back into this, if only to remind myself what good audios sound like! :lol:
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Going through which chapters are ready to edit.
Chapter 1 is ready.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Chapters 3 and 4 are ready to edit.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

I went through all the chapter sections (below the in-progress characters in the MW) and finished un-bolding all the PL OK characters for all the individual chapters. (I also finished adding in the chapter titles.) I had every character in bold when I began the project and I just forgot to undo it as I went, so I ended up spending about two hours going through and double-checking which parts were OK, as that's my job (Campbell shouldn't have to do it). Hopefully it's all correct, I went through several times to make sure. :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~