COMPLETE-SOLO Stories from the History of Rome by Mrs. Beesly-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mpetermann

Post by mpetermann »

alg1001 wrote: December 18th, 2020, 6:42 pm Have a lovely last of the year! Stay safe.
You as well! Blessings!
Mel
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Sorry to take so long with listening to this, I had good intentions but, alas, I continually got caught up in something else.

As usual, your recordings are great - I just love the different voices you do - I wish I could do half so well. That being said, there are issues with the length of the silences at the beginning and/or end of the recordings.

Chapter 10 - PL OK

Chapter 11 - please delete about 0.5 seconds of silence at the start and about 1.5 seconds from the end

Chapter 12 - please delete over 2 seconds of silence from the end

Chapter 13 - please delete about 0.5 seconds of silence from the end

Hope your holidays were happy and wonderful.

Thanks for allowing me the pleasure of listening to your recordings,

M
mpetermann

Post by mpetermann »

mleigh wrote: October 20th, 2020, 5:02 pm Chapter 9 has a few issues with background noise. The worst is around 10:39, but there are some other, shorter noises at 11:02, 11:16, 13:20 and 13:47, 14:28, 15:09, 16:13, and 16:34. If you could do something about at least the first, that would be grand. If you can't do an easy fix let me know and I'll mark is as PL Okay as is, even though it is not on par with your other recordings.

I must say it was another interesting story, especially the treatment of the schoolteacher and the treatment of Camillus after winning those battles. You have done another excellent job with the reading, as usual.

M
Hey there! I was finally able to try this. I tried a few things to lessen the mic bump noise, but unfortunately none of them worked. I would need to re-record those parts, or just stick with the lesser quality. I think I'll go ahead and just stick with the lesser quality this time. I'll try to be more aware of that in the future though! What a silly mistake! Thanks for catching them!
Mel
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

mpetermann wrote: January 26th, 2021, 3:20 pm
mleigh wrote: October 20th, 2020, 5:02 pm Chapter 9 has a few issues with background noise. The worst is around 10:39, but there are some other, shorter noises at 11:02, 11:16, 13:20 and 13:47, 14:28, 15:09, 16:13, and 16:34. If you could do something about at least the first, that would be grand. If you can't do an easy fix let me know and I'll mark is as PL Okay as is, even though it is not on par with your other recordings.

I must say it was another interesting story, especially the treatment of the schoolteacher and the treatment of Camillus after winning those battles. You have done another excellent job with the reading, as usual.

M
Hey there! I was finally able to try this. I tried a few things to lessen the mic bump noise, but unfortunately none of them worked. I would need to re-record those parts, or just stick with the lesser quality. I think I'll go ahead and just stick with the lesser quality this time. I'll try to be more aware of that in the future though! What a silly mistake! Thanks for catching them!
Ok, will mark 9 as PL OK.
mpetermann

Post by mpetermann »

Thanks for the PL OK on 9. And thanks for listening to all of these. Blessings on you for that effort and time.

I fixed the ends and beginnings on the other chapters. I'm not sure why I keep messing that up. I do apologize! I will try better next time. Scouts honor. :D
Mel
mpetermann

Post by mpetermann »

Ok, Chapter 14 is also up and ready for PL. Duration is 20:08.

Again, thank you so much for working with me on this and all your patience. Let me know if you hear bumps on this one. I recorded this one months ago, just didn't get around to editing until today. If the bumps weren't removed during modification, I'll need to make some mic changes next time. Thanks!
Mel
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Chapters 11 through 14 are all PL OK. :D

Thanks,

M
mpetermann

Post by mpetermann »

mleigh wrote: January 30th, 2021, 3:31 pm Chapters 11 through 14 are all PL OK. :D

Thanks,

M
Awesome! Thank you so much! Chapter 15 is up and ready. Duration is 9:45.
Mel
mpetermann

Post by mpetermann »

AAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDDD the LAST chapter of this project is now ready for PL. Yay!

Duration is 24:37.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
Mel
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

I finished the last two chapters are both are PL OK.

I have really enjoyed listening to you read this book. You made it so interesting and I just loved the voices you used.

So, thank you too for giving me the pleasure of listening to your reading of this book.

M
mpetermann

Post by mpetermann »

mleigh wrote: February 15th, 2021, 10:15 am I finished the last two chapters are both are PL OK.

I have really enjoyed listening to you read this book. You made it so interesting and I just loved the voices you used.

So, thank you too for giving me the pleasure of listening to your reading of this book.

M
This is my first book recording, and I've been so blessed by your encouragement. I pray God blesses you as you have blessed me!
Mel
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Thank you.

I would never have known that was your first book recorded. You sounded like a pro.

I'll PL for you anytime. :D

And God's blessings to you too.

Thanks,

M
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I will start cataloging. :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/stories-from-the-history-of-rome-by-emily-beesly/

Congratulations! :clap:
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood