[Almanac/Poetry]A MEDLEY OF WEATHER LORE-Wright-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hannie wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 6:41 am Hello, I would like to claim for June!
Also i am a newbie so do i need to submit a pseudonym?
Hi Hannie,
June is yours. If you want to be named as anything other than Hannie in the catalog, let us know.
Thanks,
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

May I please claim July? Thank you.
BeckyWTX
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi WW,
Lovely!
There are a few updates needed:
@2:40 stumble "pr"
@4:45 repeat "The first Sunday after Easter.."
@6:04 repeat "Hark the hours."
@7:04 repeat/misread "The plans."
Please make these changes and resubmit the file.
Thanks,
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

BeckyWTX wrote: January 24th, 2021, 5:47 am May I please claim July? Thank you.
BeckyWTX
You got it.
Thanks, Becky!
-Amy
WanderingWalker

Post by WanderingWalker »

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

PL OK :thumbs:
Thanks,WW!
-Amy
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
BeardedBlind

Post by BeardedBlind »

can I claim september? name is robert glyn
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thank you, Alan! I will PL soon.
-Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

BeardedBlind wrote: January 26th, 2021, 4:30 am can I claim september? name is robert glyn
September is yours, Robert.
Thanks,
-Amy
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

I have hunted on the internet for pronunciation of the ancient Cornish name for July (the reading starts with that) but have been unable to resolve. The stumbling is the ph - no "code" on charts I found. Pronounced like modern English "f"? Any suggestions of a website/link?
Thanks.
BeckyWTX
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

alg1001 wrote: January 26th, 2021, 7:10 am
Thank you, Alan! I will PL soon.
-Amy
update:
I proof listened.
This is standard proof listening so it is up to you whether you want to change any of these. None of them change the meaning.
@ 1.25 Bearing upon his back the ripened sheaf* -I heard 'ripening'
@ 1.44-1.45 When juicy pears and berries of black dye –I heard ‘with’ black dye
@ 5:13 October brings the cold weather down -I heard 'Autumn' brings the cold weather down,
Let me know what you decide.
Nice reading!
-Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

BeckyWTX wrote: January 26th, 2021, 7:27 am I have hunted on the internet for pronunciation of the ancient Cornish name for July (the reading starts with that) but have been unable to resolve. The stumbling is the ph - no "code" on charts I found. Pronounced like modern English "f"? Any suggestions of a website/link?
Thanks.
BeckyWTX
Hi Becky,
I would go with the F sound.
This thread is a resource for pronunciation
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40285
If it's something other than F, doubt any ancient Cornish people will pipe up to correct you. But if anyone knows for sure, please reply.
Thanks, :wink:
-Amy
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

I found something that hopefully is also of use for future projects with Old/Middle English or ancient Cornish. The Cornwall Council in the UK has put out a guide with common words in their ancient language with pronunciation!
https://www.cornwalls.co.uk/cornwall/language.htm
Glad to have found - felt impressed to try and get it right!
Thanks for your help Amy.
BeckyWTX
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

That's wonderful!