[COMPLETE] The Cambridge Modern History. Volume 02, The Reformation - Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Kellysmagee wrote: January 20th, 2021, 8:12 am viewtopic.php?f=21&t=84954 Hi Michael,
I'm going to post my 1 minute test:
What happens next?

thank you,
Kelly
Hi Kelly,

It looks like someone is already working with you on your 1-minute test. After the test has been OKed, you can start recording your section. :)

Thanks,
Michael
MariaMironova

Post by MariaMironova »

Kazbek wrote: January 19th, 2021, 8:42 pm
MariaMironova wrote: January 19th, 2021, 7:59 pm Hello everyone! I would love to read parts 37, 38, and 39.
Hello, Maria and welcome to LibriVox! :)

Since this looks like the first time you'll be assigned a section, let me know under what name (real or nickname) you would like to be credited in the catalog. We can also include a link to your personal website or blog, if you have one.

Also, please complete a 1-Minute Test before you record your first contribution. Its purpose is to ensure that your recording software and hardware is set up in accordance with LibriVox technical standards, so that you get a chance to adjust your setup without having to redo a longer recording. The instructions can be found on this wiki page:

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

If you post a notification about your test in this thread, I can check it for you. In the meantime, I'll pencil in your claim in the Notes column.

Thanks!
Michael
Hello Michael! I would like for my recordings to be put under my name, Maria Mironova, and for a link to the following page: https://www.instagram.com/much_ado_about_english/ to be attache to it.

Thank you so much! I will make sure to send the 1-minute test in the coming days :)

Best,
M.
MariaMironova

Post by MariaMironova »

MariaMironova wrote: January 19th, 2021, 7:59 pm Hello everyone! I would love to read parts 37, 38, and 39.

Since this looks like the first time you'll be assigned a section, let me know under what name (real or nickname) you would like to be credited in the catalog. We can also include a link to your personal website or blog, if you have one.

Also, please complete a 1-Minute Test before you record your first contribution. Its purpose is to ensure that your recording software and hardware is set up in accordance with LibriVox technical standards, so that you get a chance to adjust your setup without having to redo a longer recording. The instructions can be found on this wiki page:

If you post a notification about your test in this thread, I can check it for you. In the meantime, I'll pencil in your claim in the Notes column.

Thanks!
Michael
HI
MariaMironova wrote: January 20th, 2021, 5:23 pm

Thanks!
Michael
Hello Michael! I would like for my recordings to be put under my name, Maria Mironova, and for a link to the following page: https://www.instagram.com/much_ado_about_english/ to be attache to it.

Thank you so much! I will make sure to send the 1-minute test in the coming days :)

Best,
M.

Hello once again! I will be using the pdf version of the Modern History provided in the link on the top of this page; but I was a bit confused as to how to understand where one part of the chapter ends and where does the other begins?

Thank you!
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

MariaMironova wrote: January 20th, 2021, 7:13 pm Hello once again! I will be using the pdf version of the Modern History provided in the link on the top of this page; but I was a bit confused as to how to understand where one part of the chapter ends and where does the other begins?
Hi Maria,

If you look at the Notes column in the Magic Window, you'll see the page ranges for each of the sections, as well as their first/last words when the section break falls in the middle of a page. Let me know if anything is unclear.

Michael
MariaMironova

Post by MariaMironova »

Kazbek wrote: January 20th, 2021, 9:11 pm
MariaMironova wrote: January 20th, 2021, 7:13 pm Hello once again! I will be using the pdf version of the Modern History provided in the link on the top of this page; but I was a bit confused as to how to understand where one part of the chapter ends and where does the other begins?
Hi Maria,

If you look at the Notes column in the Magic Window, you'll see the page ranges for each of the sections, as well as their first/last words when the section break falls in the middle of a page. Let me know if anything is unclear.

Michael
Will do, thank you so much for your help!

Best,
M.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Hi, there--
I am having a little difficulty making out some of the words that got chopped off on [book] pg. 107... Can anyone help me?

This ...ea[?] prevented pious people who held it from approaching Jesus as an intercessor.
This "Cult of the Blessed Anna" rapidly ...tended[?] itself in ever-widening circles until there were few districts in Germany which had not their confraternities devoted to her service.
...ch[?] was the prevailing enthusiastic popular religion of the last decades of the fifteenth century
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Oh, found some more!:

It ...d[?] small connexion, save in the one point of the increased reverence paid to the Virgin
The Great Council of Constance had pledged the Church to a large number of practical reforms, aiming at the reinvigoration of the various ...al[?] ecclesiastical institutions.
To ...e[?] instances would need more space than this chapter affords.

Thanks!
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

thestorygirl wrote: January 21st, 2021, 2:25 pm Hi, there--
I am having a little difficulty making out some of the words that got chopped off on [book] pg. 107... Can anyone help me?
Oh, I'm sorry you got a couple of bad pages in your section. Here's another scan that you can use for these pages:

https://archive.org/details/cambridgemodernh02camb/page/104/mode/2up

Michael
pianoroll262

Post by pianoroll262 »

Hi, I'd like to do 2 chapters:

25 Ch VII. The Conflict of Creeds and Parties in Germany by A.F. Pollard (part 3) - pages 225 to 234

26 Ch VII. " " " " " " " " " " (part 4) - pages 234 to 245

pianoroll
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Piotrek81 wrote: January 21st, 2021, 10:40 am Here it is at long last https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory2_22_128kb.mp3 duration 36:59
Thank you, Piotrek!

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

pianoroll262 wrote: January 21st, 2021, 5:36 pm Hi, I'd like to do 2 chapters:

25 Ch VII. The Conflict of Creeds and Parties in Germany by A.F. Pollard (part 3) - pages 225 to 234

26 Ch VII. " " " " " " " " " " (part 4) - pages 234 to 245

pianoroll
Great, thanks! Assigned. :)

Michael
Hasnu

Post by Hasnu »

Kazbek wrote: January 19th, 2021, 6:45 am
Hasnu wrote: January 19th, 2021, 5:55 am Hi Michael,

This would be my first ever time recording. I would like to record sections 9 and 10 if that's possible. If not, then 1 section of whatever is available :). For recording, I am going to use Audacity and I will do my best to have a quality recording and upload it here in about a month (still getting used to this :)). If I could have sections 9 and 10 that would be great, thanks. For a pseudonym, would it be possible for me to be credited here as H. Shah ?? If not, then just credit me by my username, Hasnu.

Thanks,
Hasnu
Hi Hasnu and welcome to LibriVox! All these things are very much possible. :)

Before you start to record these, please complete a 1-Minute Test. Its purpose is to ensure that your recording software and hardware is set up in accordance with LibriVox technical standards, so that you get a chance to adjust your setup without having to redo a longer recording. The instructions can be found on this wiki page:

Thanks,
Michael
Hi Michael,

I have recorded my 1-minute test, and I have published the test to the Listeners and Editors wanted page. Here is the link:https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_hasnu.mp3

If everything is fine with my setup, I will have the recordings for sections 9 and 10 ready soon!
Hasnu

Post by Hasnu »

Hi Michael,

Would it also be possible for me to snag sections 11 and 12? I feel more comfortable recording the entire chapter, and I would have it broken up to fit the sections of course. I have the time to work on recording sections once a week at least, and I feel that I would be able to handle having 4 sections.

Thanks,
Hasnu
Hasnu

Post by Hasnu »

Hello,

I have recorded Section 9, here is the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory2_09_128kb.mp3

Please advise if there are any issues in the recording, and what I can do to fix them.

Thanks,
Hasnu