SOLO: The Monk: A Romance by Matthew Lewis - icequeen

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
GamersThumbsR

Post by GamersThumbsR » January 13th, 2021, 8:22 am

Section 19
05:57 (wording) “…burying-ground common to us and the ‘Sisters’ of St. Clare” (should be Sisterhood)
06:56 (stumble) “I am just come from him he has fallen asl- he has fallen into a profound…”
08:26 (wording) “…that peace of soul, that ‘sincerity’ of virtue” (should be security)
09:28 (wording) “Their very resemblance filled his soul with ecstasy” (should be remembrance)
12:15 (wording) “She gave the Lamp to Rosario” (should be Ambrosio)
15:25 (clipped word) “I cannot better convince Ambrosio that I abhor such crimes” (better sounds like the Ts have been cut off)
19:30 (wording) “…resolved to drop the idea of imposing in her behalf” (should be interposing)
last 5 seconds (noise) I can hear some barking. You can either lower the levels or replace it with silence

Section 20
14:53 (wording) “He was nessitated to confine himself to Matilda’s person” (should be necessitated)
21:42 (wording) “His heart recline upon his shoulder” (should be head)

Section 21
03:02 (wording) “Elvira was out of patience at all these foibles” (should be follies)
19:00 (wording) “My crouch, the calm of sleep destroy” (should be couch)
19:56 (wording) “And prize the values you protect” (should be virtues)

Section 22
10:33 (wording) “new sentiments, have sprang in your bosom” (should be sensations)
16:52 (repeat) “as well as the multitude of business which his situation must of necessity impose upon hum, as well as the multitude…”

Section 23
04:31 (wording) “To them who dare nothing is possible” (should be impossible)
07:35 (wording) “Oh! blush, Antonio, blush” (should be Ambrosio)
08:14 (missing part) “… so ill-suited to a soul like * me this night to St. Clare’s…” (* = “…yours; Leave them for common Men, and dare to be happy! Accompany…”
08:38 (stumble) “proves to be feeb- proves to be feeble”
09:27 (wording) “Will the Sepharims protect it” (should be Seraphims)
20:15 (missed part and stumble) “… stood beside him. * She was now clothed in a long - She was now clothed in a long…” (* = She had quitted her religious habit.)
21:40 (wording) “She mentioned that Ambrosio should be silent” (should be motioned)
25:27 (stumble) “…and a mysterious melancholy - and a mysterious melancholy impressed…)
26:50 (wording) “Lucifer, whom I suffoned to my assistance” (should be summoned)

maxgal

Post by maxgal » January 17th, 2021, 4:32 pm

"A Sinister Poem," Part VII:
Burying the Sisterhood has fallen... Peace.
Ecstasy she gave; I abhor such crimes.
Drop Matilda's heart!
Upon Elvira crouch!
Sleep destroy and virtues protect!
Your bosom is impossible... Oh!
Blush to leave them happy.
Feeble Seraphims beside him should be silent.
Mysterious Lucifer I summoned.
:lol:
Louise
"every little breeze..."

GamersThumbsR

Post by GamersThumbsR » January 23rd, 2021, 8:18 am

Section 24
01:05 (background noise*) “… respecting Antonia: * The injunctions of her Mother…”
11:10 (wording) “and at the sudden adventures which He had met with…” (should be strange)
17:05 (wording) “Her Partner is the Wight-spright.” (should be Water)
17:42 (repeat) “And shoot She saw the Courser lave - And shoot She saw the Courser lave”

Section 25
- Watch your edits. Many have pops. I find a short fade in and out at the edit point helps a lot.
08:50 (missing word) “She had taken * of her Mother for the night.” (* = leave)
09:36 (missing word) “*, who’s inquietude respecting her Daughter…” (* = Elvira)
15:30 (missing word) “All was hushed *.” (* = within)
16:22 (wording) “…Antonia’s name, and laid it upon his pillow.” (should be her)
24:20 (wording) “…endeavoured to put an end to her exercise.” (should be existence)

Section 21
the correction at 19:00 still sounds like 'crouch' instead of 'couch'

Section 23
07:35 - the correction now has a repeat
08:14 - should be "so i'll suited a soul like yours.

Sections 19, 20, 22

PL Ok

... and with that we have officially passed the halfway mark!

GamersThumbsR

Post by GamersThumbsR » January 31st, 2021, 9:25 am

Section 26
wording (01:46) “and convince himself that He was not so highly culpable…” (himself should be him)
wording (12:39) “She recognized Lorenzo’s writing, and opening it with joy…” (should be Leonella’s)
Section 27
wording (00:51) “She may posses to be of use to you” (should be possibly)
repeat (04:28) “which always made me feel- which always made me feel a little queerish”
wording (10:58) “Home?’ explained Jacintha; ‘I go home?” (should be exclaimed)
Section 28
wording (03:27) “The idea of disobeying her Mother’s will at once determined Antonia” (should be obeying)
repeat (22:33) “and as She - and as She had ever entertained a sincere regard…"

maxgal

Post by maxgal » January 31st, 2021, 3:34 pm

"A Sinister Poem," Part VIII:
Her Mother had met with her Partner, and she saw the night.
Her Daughter was hushed.
Upon his pillow, an end to a soul; he was not writing with joy.
She may be of use, which always made me feel a little queerish.
Home? At once!
She had ever entertained!
:lol:
Louise
"every little breeze..."

GamersThumbsR

Post by GamersThumbsR » February 14th, 2021, 8:21 am

Section 29
00:27 (wording) “Thine altar, sacred Liberty, could stand,” (should be ‘should’)
05:03 (wording) “… and soon after the lights appeared from the Chapel windows.” (should be ‘disappeared’)
watch for background noise. there were some parts where you could hear children, especially the last minute

Section 30
Missing words (1:30) “… with persevering rage: * threw lighted torches at the windows” (* = They battered the walls)
repeat (16:45) “…that a Robber having entered these Vaults by night - having entered these Vaults by night”
wording (18:50) “The Nuns besought him to desist in pious terms” (should be ‘piteous’)

Section 31
repeat (08:47) “Be calm!’ replied Lorenzo in a voice soothing and - replied Lorenzo in a voice”
missing words (11:13) “guided his steps. *, and in a few minutes after arrived at the iron-grate” (* - ‘He gained the Stairs’)
wording (13:53) “I cannot resist till convinced that yonder …” (should be ‘rest’)
stutter (15:18) “… a ministering Angel des-descended to the aid of…”