COMPLETE A Child's Garden Of Verses (version 3) By R. L. Stevenson-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh »

Hi,
I've recently lost the motivation to record this so I was wondering if we could turn this into a group project. Shriya and I will DPL this together. I'll DPL the majority as Shriya is handling a lot of projects right now. Would that work out?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

That would be fine. Would you be willing to still act as BC, or would we need to find someone else to take over that position? (Understand that, if no one else can be found will is willing, we wouldn't move forward.)
RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh »

Yes, I'll be BC as well. :D
Also, I wanted to ask, will there be separate sections for each poem now?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

RomaSingh wrote: December 15th, 2020, 10:27 am Yes, I'll be BC as well. :D
Also, I wanted to ask, will there be separate sections for each poem now?
I'm so sorry, but I must have missed this question when you originally asked it. I just saw it now while reviewing my current MC projects. Are you still interested in turning this into a group project?

As for your question, it will really be up to you. It is the BC's responsibility to decide how a book should be broken up into sections. Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.
RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh »

I've divided up the sections once again, will I be ready to go?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Sure, it looks fine. Spatel, are you still willing to DPL now that this is becoming a group project?
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

mightyfelix wrote: January 8th, 2021, 8:27 pm Sure, it looks fine. Spatel, are you still willing to DPL now that this is becoming a group project?
Hi! I am still willing to DPL.
~ Shriya
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Great! Then, we're all set. I've moved this project to Readers Wanted.
Jemwolf

Post by Jemwolf »

Can I take sections 1 and 5, please?
etraytin

Post by etraytin »

I would like to record Sections 2, 3, and 4 please. This is my first recording for LibriVox, and I would like to be credited as ETraytin. Thank you!
etraytin

Post by etraytin »

I'm sorry if I'm doing this too soon, I wasn't sure if I ought to wait for acknowledgment or not. Please forgive me for any excess of enthusiasm :) Here is Section 2, clocking in at 1:10

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/childsgardenofverses_02_stevenson_128kb.mp3

Like I said, it's my first recording besides the one minute test, so constructive criticism is gladly accepted!
RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh »

Jemwolf wrote: January 14th, 2021, 9:01 pm Can I take sections 1 and 5, please?
All yours, thank you!
RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh »

etraytin wrote: January 15th, 2021, 9:02 am I'm sorry if I'm doing this too soon, I wasn't sure if I ought to wait for acknowledgment or not. Please forgive me for any excess of enthusiasm :) Here is Section 2, clocking in at 1:10

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/childsgardenofverses_02_stevenson_128kb.mp3

Like I said, it's my first recording besides the one minute test, so constructive criticism is gladly accepted!
Sections 2, 3, and 4 have been assigned to you. Thank you!

As for the recording, the technical aspects are fine, but could you delete about half a second to a second of silence at the end? The silence at the end is a little too much, we aim for five. The other thing, between 1:01-1:03, there is about a second of silence in between. Could you perhaps delete about half a second from there? Overall, great recording! :D
etraytin

Post by etraytin »

Thank you! I have trimmed those sections and reuploaded it. It now runs 1:08.

RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh »

etraytin wrote: January 15th, 2021, 10:15 am Thank you! I have trimmed those sections and reuploaded it. It now runs 1:08.

Thank you! PL OK!
Last edited by RomaSingh on January 15th, 2021, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.