COMPLETE: Zadig or the Book of Fate by Voltaire -cm

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

Thanks Arouet.

Did you know about the LibriVox uploader, though. Most people are finding it more convenient than mediafire etc.

http://upload.librivox.org/

Username: librivox
Passwored: librivox123

IDEA!: Everyone on LibriVox should change their username to the name of a an author. We'd be like a tribute band.

Cheers,
Carl.
American Psychology 1922-1947. It's the nearest thing to American Psycho that we are allowed to record.
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

Have now done chapter 2 and claimed chapter 18.

Thanks,
Carl.
American Psychology 1922-1947. It's the nearest thing to American Psycho that we are allowed to record.
churcherwhite

Post by churcherwhite »

I'll take Chapter 16. :D
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

You got it. Thanks.
churcherwhite

Post by churcherwhite »

CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

Received with thanks.
GlassMask

Post by GlassMask »

Well, I guess I'll take chapter 17, and this one will be almost complete. My recording of Candide for LibriVox, has been far and away my most downloaded, so people must need more Voltaire. ^_^

Mucho arigatou,

Ted
"To those who accept their fate, happiness. To those who defy their fate, glory."
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

Everybody needs more Voltaire!

Cheers Ted, have added you in the Magic Window,

Carl.
alanclare

Post by alanclare »

gypsygirl said that I might like to have a go at one of the "tail-ends" as part of the drive to finish in November. Yours was one.
Can I have a go at Chapter 15 please?
Alan
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

Fantasic Alan.

Over to Readers Found.
alanclare

Post by alanclare »

I've uploaded Chapter 15 to:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/200711/zadig_15_voltaire.mp3

I think its quality is OK but would appreciate an opinion.

Alan
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

Thanks Alan.

Not able to listen right now, but I've updated the Magic Window.

Cheers,
Carl.
GlassMask

Post by GlassMask »

Just finished chapter 17, available at the link below. It's just a few seconds shy of 19 minutes. This is my first recording on a new computer, so let me know if anything sounds off.

Mucho arigatou,

Ted

http://upload.nickydonuts.com/uploads/200709/zadig_17_voltaire.mp3
"To those who accept their fate, happiness. To those who defy their fate, glory."
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

Thanks!

Alan: Haven't forgotten to listen, just haven't had time yet.

Cheers,
Carl.
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

Alan:

Sorry for taking so long to listen to your recording.

The bottom line is that it is quite comfortably within LibriVox's standards. I thought the quality of the reading was excellent. Very well paced and understandable.

The technical quality of the recording was also good. There were two minor things, though. First of all there is a slight low buzz. Secondly, some of the "s" sounds made a slight whilstling noise. In my opinion, both of these things are fine, and just make for a "lo-fi" quality that gives LibriVox recodings their authentic, variable, volunteer-ist sound.

If you feel you want to iron these things out, then I'd suggest posting in "Need Help, Got Advice", since it's beyond my expertise. However, I really don't feel this is necessary. Like I say, being techinally fit for purpose but short of broadcast quality is all part of the charm of LibriVox - I'm only giving this feedback in case it's useful to you.

Cheers,
Carl.