COMPLETE: The Roswell Report: Case Closed by James McAndrew - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I'll take a look at the text and get back to you. :)
Jo
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

I realize now the error is mine. I failed to look at the Table of Contents before posting my question. I can now see that the sub-section fits the description of being a 'sidebar' story as opposed to a subsection of the main body of the article. I'll pick up where I left off. Please forgive my 'rookie' mistake and accept my apology for the wasted time. Thank you.
I bravely venture down those roads less traveled but not without applying sunblock first :wink:
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

DOLZ wrote: January 13th, 2021, 7:53 am I realize now the error is mine. I failed to look at the Table of Contents before posting my question. I can now see that the sub-section fits the description of being a 'sidebar' story as opposed to a subsection of the main body of the article. I'll pick up where I left off. Please forgive my 'rookie' mistake and accept my apology for the wasted time. Thank you.
It’s an important question and it’s an organizational issue I thought about quite a lot before starting to record. I think the sections add great background to the written report. We’ll see what Jo says. I think with a little reorganization of the section outline we can add them...
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

aeb2468 wrote: January 13th, 2021, 8:04 am
DOLZ wrote: January 13th, 2021, 7:53 am I realize now the error is mine. I failed to look at the Table of Contents before posting my question. I can now see that the sub-section fits the description of being a 'sidebar' story as opposed to a subsection of the main body of the article. I'll pick up where I left off. Please forgive my 'rookie' mistake and accept my apology for the wasted time. Thank you.
It’s an important question and it’s an organizational issue I thought about quite a lot before starting to record. I think the sections add great background to the written report. We’ll see what Jo says. I think with a little reorganization of the section outline we can add them...
Very good. I'll continue with proof listening but will stand by before marking Status. Thank you.
I bravely venture down those roads less traveled but not without applying sunblock first :wink:
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

aeb2468 wrote: January 12th, 2021, 3:51 pm
DOLZ wrote: January 12th, 2021, 1:26 pm I have a question. During prooflistening section "1.2 High Altitude Balloon Dummy Drops" I finished listing to what I thought was the entire section for "Dummy Drop Procedures". My expectation was for the reading to begin the next section "The Bravest Man" on the bottom of page 39 which begins "America was introduced to Col. John Paul Stop..." but the reading picked up after what looks like a section break but has no specific title, page 41, that starts "Despite these efforts, the dummies were not always recovered immediately;..."

Since this isn't a typical format I'm not confident that I understand the structure and that the reading is correct and that the misunderstanding is mine. If you can review and get back with me with a clarification I would appreciate it and will proceed accordingly. Thank you.
This report has several imbedded, what I call, sidebar additions. Actually, just about each subsection has one. Guessing, but I think each sidebar is about 1000 words in length and tend to be newspaper or magazine articles. When I reviewed the report and organized the reading sections I didn’t have a good place to add these sidebars cuz it would have broken up the flow of the actual written report, so I opted not to included them. I don’t think the report is any lesser for not including them, but I guess I could add them as part sections after each section that has a sidebar and include them...

Jo, any guidance?
Sorry not to respond sooner. Busy in real life at the moment. Anyway, it's up to you if you want to include these sidebars. I would put them in the same category as footnotes and captions. They can be included or not at the reader's discretion. If you decide that you want to include them after the fact, keep in mind that how you name the files will control where they come in the sequence so it's probably best to decide before you upload additional files.
Jo
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: January 13th, 2021, 4:34 pm
aeb2468 wrote: January 12th, 2021, 3:51 pm
DOLZ wrote: January 12th, 2021, 1:26 pm I have a question. During prooflistening section "1.2 High Altitude Balloon Dummy Drops" I finished listing to what I thought was the entire section for "Dummy Drop Procedures". My expectation was for the reading to begin the next section "The Bravest Man" on the bottom of page 39 which begins "America was introduced to Col. John Paul Stop..." but the reading picked up after what looks like a section break but has no specific title, page 41, that starts "Despite these efforts, the dummies were not always recovered immediately;..."

Since this isn't a typical format I'm not confident that I understand the structure and that the reading is correct and that the misunderstanding is mine. If you can review and get back with me with a clarification I would appreciate it and will proceed accordingly. Thank you.
This report has several imbedded, what I call, sidebar additions. Actually, just about each subsection has one. Guessing, but I think each sidebar is about 1000 words in length and tend to be newspaper or magazine articles. When I reviewed the report and organized the reading sections I didn’t have a good place to add these sidebars cuz it would have broken up the flow of the actual written report, so I opted not to included them. I don’t think the report is any lesser for not including them, but I guess I could add them as part sections after each section that has a sidebar and include them...

Jo, any guidance?
Sorry not to respond sooner. Busy in real life at the moment. Anyway, it's up to you if you want to include these sidebars. I would put them in the same category as footnotes and captions. They can be included or not at the reader's discretion. If you decide that you want to include them after the fact, keep in mind that how you name the files will control where they come in the sequence so it's probably best to decide before you upload additional files.
Ok, thanks, Jo. I’ll relook at the sidebars tomorrow. If I decide to include them, can I just add new sections following the section that contain the sidebar. As an example, section 2 has a sidebar, so I’d record that sidebar as its own section (section 3 in this case) and do the same with other sidebars?
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Yes that's fine. Just make sure your intros and filenames match the section numbers in the MW.
Jo
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

I reviewed the text again and I am NOT going to add the sidebars, so no change to the section layout. I'll keep plugging away at the recording. Thanks.
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

Very good. Onward ho...
aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

aeb2468

Post by aeb2468 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/roswellrptcaseclosed_07_mcandrew_128kb.mp3 (9.28.50)

I'll be out next week, so expect nothing new till the week of 1 Feb. Thanks.
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

Roger that.