[COMPLETE]Tom Swift and His War Tank by Victor Appleton - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Tom Swift and His War Tank by Victor Appleton ( - ).

This project is now complete. All files can be downloaded from the catalog page here:https://librivox.org/tom-swift-and-his-war-tank-version-2-by-victor-appleton/

Tanks are a new wartime technology, and as the US enters WWI, Tom uses his skills and his family's factory to secretly design and build a bigger, better tank, able to travel at twice the speed of British models, with heavier armor plating, ability to roll over wider trenches, and other innovative improvements. As war fever sets in, many young men are enlisting, except for Tom Swift, which raises many concerns that he is a slacker. Even his girlfriend begins to doubt him, but he has to be secretive even from her, as the Germans do their best to steal his secrets. ( Michele Fry)
THIS PROJECT, ORIGINALLY A SOLO, HAS BEEN REINSTATED AS A GROUP PROJECT. I WILL REMAIN AS BC AND DPL, AND HAVE OPENED UP SECTIONS 5-25 TO NEW READERS ON 10/18. ANNISE IS OUR NEW MC. LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING THIS BOOK UP AND RUNNING AGAIN.

[*]Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/954
[*]Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): special: standard, plus DPL will follow along with text and note any significant discrepancies.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

============================================

Keywords that describe the book: action/adventure, tom swift, world war 1, espionage, children's books, teen literature

============================================

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (INTRO):
  • "Chapter # of Tom Swift and His War Tank, by Victor Appleton. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "Tom Swift and His War Tank, Chapter #, Title"

END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter #]"
  • If you haven't added it before, you may say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of Tom Swift and His War Tank, or Doing His Bit For Uncle Sam, by Victor Appleton. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

[*]Example filename tomswiftwartank_##_appleton_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. tomswiftwartank_01_appleton_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: annise
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Any questions?
Please post below[/list]

BC: Michele Fry
MC: annise
DPL: Michele Fry
Cover: Michele Fry
Last edited by msfry on December 24th, 2021, 11:50 am, edited 16 times in total.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Michelle and Nathan,

I will MC this for you. It should be all set ~ have fun!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Moving this on over to Going Solo, to clear the launch pad a bit! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Maria, I will set up the MW and let Nathan know. BTW, there is only one 'l' in Michele (the French spelling). My Mom is a WWII "war bride", from France.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

I'll try to remember to spell it with one "L", Michele ~ sorry! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
msfry

Post by msfry »

m8b1 wrote: January 14th, 2021, 1:52 pm I'll try to remember to spell it with one "L", Michele ~ sorry! :-)
Thanks. My signature line should help you remember. :D I blame it on the Beatles, 1963, when they came out with my favorite song "Michelle, Ma Belle, these are words which go together well . . . . " the British spelling of Michele. Suddenly, even my bills and packages are delivered with the wrong spelling!!!! Even my smart phone adds an 'l' whenever I type in my name. And then there is the masculine version in French, spelled Michel. :shock:
NathanPFry

Post by NathanPFry »

Great! Looking forward to putting this together, y'all
. I'm reading the book a bit to get the characters in my head, but plan to start recording this week!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Great! So you should be subscribed to this forum now and receive email messages of any posts if you have that set up. Some people elect just to get notifications. I have offered to Zoom you through that process, at your convenience.
NathanPFry

Post by NathanPFry »

Mom, here's Chapter 1 - it's "edited" but I didn't play with the compression, high pass or low pass filters, etc, and I didn't run it through checker, because 1) no time today and 2) I thought maybe you could look at the volume, equalization etc and zoom me on how you'd adjust/handle the post-recording. Let me know if this is ok

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/tomswiftwartank_01_appleton_128kb.mp3

10:30 and I know I forgot the add the 5 sec at the end and left the long pause up front for compression later
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Nathan. I'll listen later today and offer recommendations.
msfry

Post by msfry »

NathanPFry wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 10:24 am Mom, here's Chapter 1 - it's "edited" but I didn't play with the compression, high pass or low pass filters, etc, and I didn't run it through checker, because 1) no time today and 2) I thought maybe you could look at the volume, equalization etc and zoom me on how you'd adjust/handle the post-recording. Let me know if this is ok

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/tomswiftwartank_01_appleton_128kb.mp3

10:30 and I know I forgot the add the 5 sec at the end and left the long pause up front for compression later
I took a listen and made some notes regarding compression , bass and treble, and a few other tips I can share. Otherwise, sounds great and you handle the voices well. We can zoom tomorrow afternoon if you want to schedule about 15 minutes around 1 pm. Let me know and I'll set it up.
NathanPFry

Post by NathanPFry »

msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 1 is PL OK. Sounds great! :thumbs:
NathanPFry

Post by NathanPFry »

msfry

Post by msfry »

Oh goodie! I look forward to listening to 3 soon. :D
Last edited by msfry on March 24th, 2021, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.