'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
K2A2Mommy

Post by K2A2Mommy »

Thank you, Mary, for your lovely reading of "Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm" and "Pollyanna". You make the story doubly enjoyable by your enunciation and expression.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
CarolynCanada

Post by CarolynCanada »

Thank you, Carol Stripling, for your reading of Light Shining from Darkness by William Cowper.
https://librivox.org/eighteenth-century-poetry-and-prose-collection/

I incorporated your reading in a youtube video called 401 Drive -East From Cambridge (set to music and poetry).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bAeSndW5Ac
I was searching for a beautiful poem, with meaning, crisply and elegantly read, to match with the mood of driving at dusk. Thank you ever so much!
I am looking forward to listening to your other readings, too!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LikeManyWaters (LikeManyWaters) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear LMW,

I may have written thanks to you earlier, but upon re-listening [my eyes have become poor at reading anything not backlit] I found many more lessons Grace Livingston Hill dispenses in "Man of the Desert" that even a 73-year old man like myself can learn!

Your reading makes the story come alive! Of course, GraceLH contributes the actual words, which is a big help [!] but your talented inflections buoy the words and lend to the whole a very attractive finish!

I loved your singing of "Oh God, is any hour so sweet" and looked to find it on the internet. Hymnary has it, but the tune is not the same as the one you sing and I wondered if you knew the song already or if you found the score somewhere and learned it. I've now found the tune you used... on Hymnary, of all places! I looked through my extensive collection of hymnals, but have all the wrong ones, and was going to ask you where to find it, but now I've got it!

I was re-listening the GLH books to try to find a portion that described an interesting prayer meeting I wanted to read before trying an online prayer meeting, and was going to ask you if you recalled such a thing! But now I have found it and it is a Pansy quote! So it was likely an Isabella Alden book I was listening to when I heard it.

So now you see how wonderful it is that I contrived to thank you for your fine reading, for I've been inspired to find the answers to all the questions I was going to ask you about! There's no need to reply to this; simply know you have a delighted listener!

George
Salem, Oregon

All of LikeManyWaters' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sue Anderson (Sue Anderson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
A few years ago I listened to "The White Heart of Mojave" by Edna Brush Perkins, an author I never heard of. It was read by Sue Anderson.
Sue's voice and tempo were perfect. I can still hear it even though it's been several years. I loved the book though I'm not sure I would have loved it as much if I hadn't heard it through Sue's rendition. She and Perkins brought the beauty of the Mojave to life. I live in wet, green PA. I had no idea a desert could be so beautiful.
Thank you so much Sue, I'm eternally grateful to you.
Sincerely, Kay

All of Sue's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Ciufi (Ciufi Galeazzi) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I really enjoyed your reading of Vietnam the Advisory Years

All of Ciufi's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,
I would like to thank Elizabeth Klett for her recordings of Anne of Green Gables, and Northanger Abbey! I have discovered her during our first lockdown, I have been listening to Northanger Abbey while painting a room. And now, I have taken to running, and I listen to Anne of Green Gables, it helps.
I won't stop here with her recordings...
I am French, and it is a pleasure to listen to such good English, especially in this expressive voice. I just love how Elizabeth Klett plays all the different characters, they all have a voice, sometimes I really forget that she is alone.

Thanks again,
Guillemette, France

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sallymc (SallyMc) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recordings in the group project The Man-Eaters of Tsavo:
Reader...Sally McConnell, Bettys Bay.
I have the above book. The Librivox audio is excellent, in particular the chapters read by Sally McConnell, Betty's Bay. Her diction and South African voice is beautiful.
I have other Librivox recordings that help relieve the monotony of motorway journeys.
Thank you Librivox
Lew
Co Durham UK

All of SallyMc's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Simon

I have just discovered you and will now have to listen to everything you have ever done! Even tho I haven't heard of some of your favourites. My first was The Astonishing History of Troy, a new author for me, so very well done.

You read so beautifully and I am enjoying listening to you so much. Thank you very much for giving so much of your time for our enjoyment.

Regards
Alison

and...

Dear Simon Evers,

I can't thank you enough for your reading of The Nebuly Coat! The story itself is of course superb, with beautifully drawn characters in such an interesting setting, plus the added charm of the wise and witty observations of the author.

But it was your reading that put it over the top. Often as I listened the thought came into my head that the combination of reader and read resulted in some kind of perfection.

Best,

Jane

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for lucylou40 (Lucy Lo Faro) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I've listened to many readers but none more enjoyable.
and...
I know you do not return emails - understandable - Great read on The Cave Girl you are so unique. I noticed, however, you did not complete the story. I hope you and your family are well and wish you a Happy New Year.
Regards,
Jerry

All of Lucy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for codigoyarte (Antonio Soto Patino) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/el-raton-perez-perez-the-mouse-by-luis-coloma/

Deseo agradecer su lectura del cuento El Raton Perez, que me entretuvo muchisimo.

Muchas gracias por dedicar su tiempo a esta actividad!

P. S. Disculpe la falta de acentos- teclado gringo

All of Antonio's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for phileasfogg (Victor (Villarraza) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://ia801002.us.archive.org/14/items/antologia_de_cuentos_fantasticos_1905_librivox/antologiacuentosfantasticos_02_various_128kb.mp3

Estimado Sr. Villarraza:

Por este medio le hago llegar mis sinceras gracias por su trabajo de lectura de cuentos, que he disfrutado mucho.

Aprecio el tiempo que ha dedicado y su profesionalismo.

Atentos saludos.

All of Victor's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gabrielj95 (Gabriel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://ia801002.us.archive.org/14/items/antologia_de_cuentos_fantasticos_1905_librivox/antologiacuentosfantasticos_07_various_128kb.mp3

Estimado Sr. Candia:

Por este medio hago llegar a usted mis felicitaciones y agradecimiento por el trabajo realizado.

Su lectura de 'La Corza Blanca' ha sido una grata compania en estos dias de aislamiento.

Muchas gracias!

P.S. Por favor disculpe los errores de puntuacion - problemas con el teclado

All of Gabriel's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Roger (Roger Melin) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi!

I want to say how much I have enjoyed listening to Roger Melin reading stories. Has been a great time listening during these days of social distancing. He makes the stories come alive.

Please let him know that someone out there very much appreciates his work!!

Anita

All of Roger's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Clau156 (Claudia Hernandez) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Estimada Srta. Hernandez:

Por este medio le hago llegar mi agradecimiento y aprecio por su trabajo como lectora. de Librivox. He disfrutado muchisimo su lectura
de Los Congelados y La bruja de Itati. Este ultimo especialmente, porque me ha transportado a mi querida Sudamerica, tan lejos en esta pandemia.

Nuevamente mil gracias.

Atentamente,
Jasna

https://ia801002.us.archive.org/14/items/antologia_de_cuentos_fantasticos_1905_librivox/antologiacuentosfantasticos_06_various_128kb.mp3

All of Claudia's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ForEmma (J L Raimundo) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Jen,

You have one of the prettiest voices I have ever had the pleasure to listen to, and this is coming from a man who has listened to thousands of hours of audiobooks, many of them from Librivox.org . I also really enjoy the subject material you focus on. I first heard you reading several different chapters of Thomas Babbington Macaulay's History of England , and once I'm done with that epic I will be listening to more of your faith-related reads. Thank you for volunteering your time and your gift.

Your Enraptured Listener,

Andrew

All of J L's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!