[EDITING] [DramReading] The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald-mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Can I claim the Dog Breeder?
A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Craigos wrote: January 10th, 2021, 8:41 am I would be very happy to pick up some of the male rolls you have left if that will help.

Cheers
Craig
Excellent! Thanks, Craig. I've signed you up for Nick's dad, a drunk party goer who drives his car into a ditch, and a witness to the big climatic auto accident towards the end. I thought that might give you more variety, but if you prefer, Gatsby's butler is also available. Sorry there are no larger roles available for you.

Thanks,
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

Ambsweet13 wrote: January 10th, 2021, 2:38 pm Can I claim the Dog Breeder?
I've signed you up.
Thanks!
benderca

Post by benderca »

bettenzoli wrote: January 10th, 2021, 12:57 pm hi there,
I'd take Woman 2, is it ok?
Thanks
Eleonora
Sure, that'd be great, Eleonara!
Thanks,
TJ
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

benderca wrote: January 11th, 2021, 11:30 am
Craigos wrote: January 10th, 2021, 8:41 am I would be very happy to pick up some of the male rolls you have left if that will help.

Cheers
Craig
Excellent! Thanks, Craig. I've signed you up for Nick's dad, a drunk party goer who drives his car into a ditch, and a witness to the big climatic auto accident towards the end. I thought that might give you more variety, but if you prefer, Gatsby's butler is also available. Sorry there are no larger roles available for you.

Thanks,
TJ
Perfect. I am well practiced in the roll of a drunk party goer.
Cheers
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Craigos wrote: January 11th, 2021, 11:42 am Perfect. I am well practiced in the roll of a drunk party goer.
Cheers
Ha! I've played that part myself many a time... (just as long as we don't get type cast... :lol: ).
WestVO

Post by WestVO »

Hello, I was wondering if I could claim the role of Gatsby's Butler if possible.
benderca

Post by benderca »

WestVO wrote: January 12th, 2021, 3:38 pm Hello, I was wondering if I could claim the role of Gatsby's Butler if possible.
Sure! Thanks!

I'll reserve the part for you. I see you have not yet submitted your 1-minute test (just to see if your audio settings are correct for librivox).

Check out:

Newbie Guide to Recording
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Then post your 1-minute test as a New Topic Here:
viewforum.php?f=21

Also, I'll need to know your catalogue name as well (the name you want listed on your catalogue page), then I can set you up.

Thanks & have fun!
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

benderca wrote: January 5th, 2021, 5:27 am
alanmapstone wrote: January 5th, 2021, 3:45 am Wilson chapter 2

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greatgatsby_wilson_02.mp3

A man of few words :lol:
You amaze me, Alan! We've barely got the project out of the launch pad, and you're already delivering! Nice reading! You really get the essence of George Wilson's character (and your accent is great). Don't worry -- you'll get to drama it up in Chapter 7. I want to hear some real tears there... :lol:

Thanks, so much!
TJ
Fantastic, Alan! George Wilson Chapter 2 is PL OK! (And you even got the line that I color coded incorrectly -- Thanks!)
benderca

Post by benderca »

OooThatsNifty wrote: January 5th, 2021, 9:44 pm Mr. Klipspringer...early to the party, and most certainly the last to leave.

Chapter 5: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greatgatsby_klipspringer_5_128kb.mp3 (1:07)
Chapter 9: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greatgatsby_klipspringer_9_128kb.mp3 (1:23)

Quite pleased to contribute to this one - let me know if anything needs a tweak. Also open to CC beyond regular PL stuff if you'd prefer a different take on anything. Feel free to let me know here or by PM :)
Oooo, that's definitely nifty, Andrew! I love your singing. We need more of that. If you feel like it, you could record some more PD songs or parts of songs from the period, and I could play them in the background at one of Gatsby's parties, during the crowd scenes... :D

Chapters 5 and 9 are both PL OK. Fantastic acting, as well. I wish you had a larger role. I have one request: I realized too late, that we actually know Klipspringer's first name: Ewing Klipspringer. Could you please record his whole name for your voice credit? You could do it on a separate file if you like.

Thanks, so much!
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

@Andrew:

In Chapter 6, pages 15-16, for example:

Her glance left me and sought the lighted top of the steps where ‘Three o’Clock in the Morning,’ a neat, sad little waltz of that year, was drifting out the open door.

This song seems to be PD:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_O'Clock_in_the_Morning
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Great, thanks TJ!

I'll see what I can do with Three O'clock in the Morning - is it alright if I just attach the revised voice credit to that file when it's ready, or would you prefer it separately?
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
benderca

Post by benderca »

OooThatsNifty wrote: January 13th, 2021, 12:11 pm Great, thanks TJ!

I'll see what I can do with Three O'clock in the Morning - is it alright if I just attach the revised voice credit to that file when it's ready, or would you prefer it separately?
You don't have to do the whole song (only if you’d like to). Nick and Gatsby go outside and have a little conversation afterwards, so we can fade out or keep it going lightly in the background -- whatever you like. :D And that's fine if you add the voice credit to the file (we're in no hurry... :wink: ). You can sing other songs too, if you feel the muse - as long as they're from this period and PD, I'll find ways to integrate them... I'd like to have a full orchestra too :hmm: -- do we have any musicians in our number? :D
Last edited by benderca on January 14th, 2021, 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.