[COMPLETE] Book of Thousand Nights & a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 12-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Got it! Thanks. I'll have this for you soon.
~ Larry
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Attached is section 51, The Singer and the Druggist, part 1 (Run time 28:2). ( I don't know why it seemed so short when I paged through, it certainly seemed long enough while reading, as you can see.)

thousandnightsandanight12_51_anonymous_128kb.mp3 26.91 MB

I feel melancholy that this fun book is nearing the end, so will would be glad to read sections 59 and 60, The Melancholist and the Sharper, parts 1 & 2.

Thanks,
Brize
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

BrizeCrize wrote: January 11th, 2021, 2:42 pm Attached is section 51,
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thousandnightsandanight12_51_anonymous_128kb.mp3 is telling me that there isn't a file at the other end. Was there a typo in the upload, perhaps? I'll also drop the MC a note to see if she can locate it.
BrizeCrize wrote: January 11th, 2021, 2:42 pm I feel melancholy that this fun book is nearing the end, so will would be glad to read sections 59 and 60, The Melancholist and the Sharper, parts 1 & 2.
I've allocated those to you. But hold! Stay your melancholy! There are still four volumes to go!
simba

Post by simba »

Section 1 is here
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thousandnightsandanight12_01_anonymous_128kb.mp3
22:06

Can I also claim section 42 please?
My photography https://sim.photos
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

BrizeCrize wrote: January 11th, 2021, 2:42 pm Attached is section 51, The Singer and the Druggist, part 1 (Run time 28:2). ( I don't know why it seemed so short when I paged through, it certainly seemed long enough while reading, as you can see.)

thousandnightsandanight12_51_anonymous_128kb.mp3 26.91 MB

I feel melancholy that this fun book is nearing the end, so will would be glad to read sections 59 and 60, The Melancholist and the Sharper, parts 1 & 2.

Thanks,
Brize
I wasn't able to find this file either. I think that either

a) it is named incorrectly such that I can't recognize it,
b) the upload didn't complete successfully, or
c) you forgot to upload it.

In any case, the solution is simple. Double check the file name, upload (again) to my folder, and then post here. The easiest way to be sure we have the exact link needed is to right-click the link that the uploader gives you, select "Copy link address," and then paste here. :)
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

simba wrote: January 12th, 2021, 12:47 pm Section 1 is here
Section 1 is PL OK.
simba wrote: January 12th, 2021, 12:47 pm Can I also claim section 42 please?
Of course - it's yours.
simba

Post by simba »

SkyRider wrote: January 13th, 2021, 9:03 am
simba wrote: January 12th, 2021, 12:47 pm Section 1 is here
Section 1 is PL OK.
simba wrote: January 12th, 2021, 12:47 pm Can I also claim section 42 please?
Of course - it's yours.
Awesome, glad section 1 is ok. I'll get to work on section 42.
My photography https://sim.photos
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Oops, my bad, I'm sure i did not upload 51 the other day because I almost did the same thing with 59 today: copied the "ready to upload" filename and wondered why they weren't the usual blue color.

Attached are both sections 51 and 59, run times of 28:02 and 12:56, respectively.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thousandnightsandanight12_51_anonymous_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thousandnightsandanight12_59_anonymous_128kb.mp3

Also had a question: I've seen the various aids provided to readers to improve their recordings (many VERY informative, thanks to all), but is there any sort of feedback mechanism from listeners? I'm not altogether sure I WANT feedback, being of tender ego and whatnot (combined with the brutal honesty of some web surfers - ouch), but if there is any I would probably take a quick peek to see if anything constructive could come out of it (without crushing my soul). If not, that's good too, ignorance CAN be bliss...
Thanks,
Brize
sanflolo

Post by sanflolo »

I would like to take section 64. Thanks!
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

BrizeCrize wrote: January 13th, 2021, 2:14 pm Attached are both sections 51 and 59, run times of 28:02 and 12:56, respectively.
Thank you. I can confirm that I've downloaded both without difficulty, but as it's getting late here I'll leave the PLing till tomorrow.
BrizeCrize wrote: January 13th, 2021, 2:14 pm Also had a question: I've seen the various aids provided to readers to improve their recordings (many VERY informative, thanks to all), but is there any sort of feedback mechanism from listeners? I'm not altogether sure I WANT feedback, being of tender ego and whatnot (combined with the brutal honesty of some web surfers - ouch), but if there is any I would probably take a quick peek to see if anything constructive could come out of it (without crushing my soul). If not, that's good too, ignorance CAN be bliss...
I'm happy to do what I can. I'm unqualified to comment on the vocal side of things - like everyone else, I have my opinions but they are my own and generally uninformed - but I'm very happy to give what help I can on the audio engineering side of things. I'll bear this in mind while PLing these sections. I'm assuming you're using an 'out of the box' installation of Audacity?

Cheers,
Paul
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

sanflolo wrote: January 13th, 2021, 2:25 pm I would like to take section 64. Thanks!
Sure - obviously this is subject to your 1-minute test passing muster. As this is your first reading, please let me know how you'd like to appear (screen name, real name, something else altogether) in the catalogue and I'll reserve it for you.

Cheers,
Paul
sanflolo

Post by sanflolo »

SkyRider wrote: January 13th, 2021, 3:03 pm
sanflolo wrote: January 13th, 2021, 2:25 pm I would like to take section 64. Thanks!
Sure - obviously this is subject to your 1-minute test passing muster. As this is your first reading, please let me know how you'd like to appear (screen name, real name, something else altogether) in the catalogue and I'll reserve it for you.

Cheers,
Paul
Thanks, Paul! I am, in fact, waiting for feedback on my 1 minute test before recording anything for this project :)
I would like to appear with my real name: Santiago Flores.

Thank you!
Santiago
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

sanflolo wrote: January 13th, 2021, 3:13 pm Thanks, Paul! I am, in fact, waiting for feedback on my 1 minute test before recording anything for this project :)
I would like to appear with my real name: Santiago Flores.
Excellent - well, all is set up so that when you get a clean bill of health on your test you can start on section 64 with no further ado. You also now have a shiny new reader's page where all your sections will appear as you read them: https://librivox.org/reader/15583

Welcome to Librivox. :)

Cheers,
Paul
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

I'm happy to do what I can. I'm unqualified to comment on the vocal side of things - like everyone else, I have my opinions but they are my own and generally uninformed - but I'm very happy to give what help I can on the audio engineering side of things. I'll bear this in mind while PLing these sections. I'm assuming you're using an 'out of the box' installation of Audacity?
Well, thanks Paul. Yes that would be a big help if you noted any 'noticeable' issues as you're PLing that may be slightly irritating or distracting, reducing your enjoyment of the story. I assume you are more experienced at this than myself and perhaps hear things that I miss (not to mention your position of objectivity) but that I could listen for if I knew others were bothered by it. Like most people, my voice is largely a fixed commodity, but any comments on pacing, ease (or lack thereof) of identifying character dialogue, excessive or insufficient pitch and or volume changes, etc., would be welcome. I've messed around with compression, normalization, limiting, and of course amplify in Audacity, but the 'checker' seems pretty easy to satisfy, so I normally do little in the way of 'mastering' (other than mastering and then unmastering because I can't tell the difference.) I've greatly enjoyed reading this book, and only hope that those who listen enjoy it greatly too.

Thanks,
Brize

P.S. I don't know if was ever in a 'box', but my version of Audacity is the one they offer on their website for...less that a pence, we'll say.
dltrial

Post by dltrial »